collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113522 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #2625 on: May 13, 2017, 12:27:38 AM »
Gabby scored 4 goals in 30 league games the season we signed Kozak. Weimann scored 5 in 37. Kozak scored 4 in 14 before getting injured. As much as I think Lambert is a twat, we needed a striker that summer. Shame we wasted about £5m on Luna and Tonev instead of spending it on the kind of midfielder you mention and that we needed as well as a striker.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2626 on: May 13, 2017, 09:50:48 AM »
I'm amazed he's still with us.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #2627 on: May 13, 2017, 10:08:38 AM »
 Lambert should have played Bent and Benteke together, they look good in Swansea game and then Bent got frozen out. and use the money to buy a higher class of quality in midfield. But Lambert froze and only made one lucky signing.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2628 on: May 13, 2017, 10:31:33 AM »
Gabby scored 4 goals in 30 league games the season we signed Kozak. Weimann scored 5 in 37. Kozak scored 4 in 14 before getting injured. As much as I think Lambert is a twat, we needed a striker that summer. Shame we wasted about £5m on Luna and Tonev instead of spending it on the kind of midfielder you mention and that we needed as well as a striker.

My god Tonev.....how did I forgot him when thinking of all the bargain bucket european players we signed that summer.

Genuinely one of the worst players I've seen play for us in the last 20 years.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2629 on: May 13, 2017, 10:36:03 AM »
Think we're stuck with him now until the inevitable sacking this autumn. We just seem to stick or twist at the wrong time - the time to panic is now not last autumn

Offline peter w

« Reply #2630 on: May 13, 2017, 12:09:48 PM »

My god Tonev.....how did I forgot him when thinking of all the bargain bucket european players we signed that summer.

And some people want to employ Petrov. not as a scout I'd hope.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2631 on: May 13, 2017, 01:44:07 PM »

The comments "there is a good player in there somewhere" were comedy gold.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #2632 on: May 14, 2017, 09:08:59 AM »
Tonev scored a belter the other week - if only just one of the many shots he thumped into orbit found their way in, then we'd at least have a tiny thing to remember him by.

As for Kozak, I think part of the reason why we bought him was in anticipation of Benteke being sold the following summer (given that he'd spent most of that summer trying to force a move). Better to give a replacement a full year to bed in rather than putting the pressure to turn up from day 1.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2633 on: May 14, 2017, 09:16:55 AM »
he didn't do that though and had never had a league goal scoring provenance. Another waste of millions.

Offline levico

« Reply #2634 on: May 14, 2017, 10:04:34 AM »
A slight overlap with the summer transfer thread but given the announcement that We need to sell before we can buy, doesn't that strengthen the argument for a manager who can inject pace and energy into a static bunch of plodders?

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #2635 on: May 14, 2017, 10:16:26 AM »
I take  it then no chance of re-signing  Benteke.

I actually think Bruce may start to think with out the noose of rich parents.  He will have no choice but to develop the team/squad  largely with what he has got at hand already.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2636 on: May 14, 2017, 10:48:51 AM »
that actually is more reassuring to me than giving him a massive pot of money to spend

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2637 on: May 14, 2017, 10:51:52 AM »
He didn't really spend a great deal in January either really, apart from Hogan.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2638 on: May 14, 2017, 10:59:17 AM »

He probably spent £20m all told, just spread over a number of players.  Not one of them added anything very much.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #2639 on: May 14, 2017, 11:01:40 AM »

But we did still buy Hogan. So it's basically saying "we didn't spend much money if you don't include all the money we spent".

Also, it may not feel like much money compared to the summer or the numbers coming out the Premier League, but the £4m or so that we spent on Lansbury is more than some of our rivals have ever spent on a single player in their history.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal