collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2123473 times)

Offline peter w

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #2565 on: May 11, 2017, 09:44:02 PM »
But just look at those possession stats.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #2566 on: May 11, 2017, 09:57:01 PM »
I still think Lambert did a decent job under bad circumstance.

Offline peter w

« Reply #2567 on: May 11, 2017, 10:02:56 PM »
So do I. i think he ran out of steam and just gave up in the end.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2568 on: May 11, 2017, 10:04:23 PM »
Whereas Bruce is doing a bad job under decent circumstances.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2569 on: May 11, 2017, 10:09:30 PM »
So do I. i think he ran out of steam and just gave up in the end.

He flip-flopped on his 'philosophy' so many times nobody believed him any more. His time had gone at least a year before.

He took the money and shut his mouth for as long as he could get away with it the end.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #2570 on: May 11, 2017, 10:12:03 PM »

There are plenty who would have done a worse job given the constraints. I wouldn't say that's the same as doing a decent job.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2571 on: May 11, 2017, 10:31:20 PM »
No fucking way. Lambert was an awful manager. The end of his first season was the exception not the rule. Most of his reign comprised ritual humiliation and eye-bleeding bad football. A shyster of the highest order. Second only to O'Leary in my hatred stakes. Tosser.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2572 on: May 11, 2017, 10:43:01 PM »
No fucking way. Lambert was an awful manager. The end of his first season was the exception not the rule. Most of his reign comprised ritual humiliation and eye-bleeding bad football. A shyster of the highest order. Second only to O'Leary in my hatred stakes. Tosser.
Spot on.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2573 on: May 11, 2017, 11:36:59 PM »
Most ridiculous thing for me is he was here 2 and a half years somehow. His reign just seemed to go on forever and countless sequences when we couldn't even score a goal in games.

At least the reigns of Garde and Sherwood were quickly cut short and McLeish and Houllier only lasted a season each.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #2574 on: May 12, 2017, 12:29:55 AM »

Maybe wouldn't go as far with the personal insults, but allowing Lambert to drift along in a sea of ridiculous sound bites did the real damage to us as a club.

He'll be gone from Wolves well before Christmas. 

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #2575 on: May 12, 2017, 03:04:26 AM »
We played six, maybe seven games of attractive counter attacking football under Lambert.
Under Bruce we have played zero games of attractive football of any kind (that I have seen).

We had terrible terrible runs under Lambert against opposition of all kinds.
Under Bruce we have had good and terrible runs against always poor opposition.

Lambert became. Well. If not deranged then lets say somewhat bizarre in his comments.
Bruce has always been sane and considered in his comments.

....Sod it I cant finish this.

I just want us to bloody well play like Aston Villa for a change. I am tired of being the lucky underdog nicking a win here and there. Thats not us or at least its not who we should be.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 03:07:45 AM by ciggiesnbeer »

Offline peter w

« Reply #2576 on: May 12, 2017, 07:21:40 AM »
The way we ended his first season on started against Arsenal and Chelsea the second season suggested that he was going to turn us into a battle hardened quick, and ruthless team. more than most games - including those Christmas hammerings - his time with us can be summed up by the Liverpool game after Arsenal and Chelsea when we went into our shell and hardly attacked. Why did we do that? my main criticism around that period was whenever we looked like we could go on a run we'd play negatively the very next game and invite a defeat onto us.

Offline simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #2577 on: May 12, 2017, 07:38:51 AM »
lambert????

Our worst ever league defeat ... that's worst ever over 143 years.

To say it was "better opposition" is rather undermined by Bradford City beating us over two legs.

No goals in how many games over the Christmas period whilst conceding a hatful.

I could go on but the man made my piss boil.

Appreciate Bruce might not play particularly attractive football but to compare him to Lambert is just ... well ... wrong. We do occasionally "win" a game under Bruce ...

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2578 on: May 12, 2017, 07:44:48 AM »
Lambert should have been sacked after the humiliation at Chelsea. I'd have had more respect for him if he had resigned there and then but he stayed and festered at the club and humiliated us (and himself) time and time again. The man had no self respect. It was money over pride for him.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #2579 on: May 12, 2017, 09:05:23 AM »

There are plenty who would have done a worse job given the constraints. I wouldn't say that's the same as doing a decent job.

Decent from the point that he kept us up, that is all. He should have gone earlier, but looking at the status of the board at the time, I wouldn't have trusted them to select a better manager.

I would have said our relegation season was more embarrassing than Lambert tenure.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal