collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113899 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #2430 on: May 09, 2017, 08:47:31 PM »
What should give everybody hope is how universally diabolical this league is. I started watching it on Sky in the year of the Doom, in preparation for what was to come. I thought it was poor then, but seeing it week in week out, it's mind bendingly poor.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2431 on: May 09, 2017, 08:51:48 PM »
What should give everybody hope is how universally diabolical this league is. I started watching it on Sky in the year of the Doom, in preparation for what was to come. I thought it was poor then, but seeing it week in week out, it's mind bendingly poor.
I don't think a single team we played against made me sit up and think 'Wow! This lot are good.' Wolves at Villa Park and Brentford away were the best of a bang average bunch.

Offline Ads

« Reply #2432 on: May 09, 2017, 08:58:03 PM »
The worst thing about all this is how it's made me like watching Spurs. They're a quality outfit everytime I've caught them and look like they're playing a different sport to the sides in this league. Fuckers.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #2433 on: May 09, 2017, 09:01:18 PM »
I would like to think that we are switched on with eyes peeled, ready to pounce, if someone becomes available, which is guaranteed, between now and August.
Haven't a clue who, but I hope those that matter, do.

Offline Ads

« Reply #2434 on: May 09, 2017, 09:05:13 PM »
Difference this summer is Round. RDM chose his players by writing a multitude of names on small white balls and thrn playing Hungry Hippos to decide which player we should buy.

The strengthening in January made sense for squad needs, whether they've been used effectively (we play far too deep) is an entirely different argument.

But the hope is that this is squad development rather than ripping it all up and starting again.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #2435 on: May 09, 2017, 09:05:59 PM »
I don't think a single team we played against made me sit up and think 'Wow! This lot are good.' Wolves at Villa Park and Brentford away were the best of a bang average bunch.

Forest had a good spell at VP. Lansbury was the driving force. Still waiting for it to happen again....

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #2436 on: May 09, 2017, 09:13:13 PM »
Difference this summer is Round. RDM chose his players by writing a multitude of names on small white balls and thrn playing Hungry Hippos to decide which player we should buy.

The strengthening in January made sense for squad needs, whether they've been used effectively (we play far too deep) is an entirely different argument.

But the hope is that this is squad development rather than ripping it all up and starting again.
Sorry if you misunderstood, or you were even replying to my post, but I was on about the manager.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #2437 on: May 09, 2017, 09:25:07 PM »

And yet RDM brought the only two players that can claim to have had a decent season. Bruce brought?

Online LukeJames

« Reply #2438 on: May 09, 2017, 09:28:27 PM »

Forest had a good spell at VP. Lansbury was the driving force. Still waiting for it to happen again....

What? We absolutely battered Forest, If it would have ended 6-0 then it would have been a fair reflection, they scored 2 belters that were there only two efforts all game.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2439 on: May 09, 2017, 09:29:02 PM »

And yet RDM brought the only two players that can claim to have had a decent season. Bruce brought?

Neil Taylor, Bree, Johnstone, who have all been half decent.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #2440 on: May 09, 2017, 09:31:32 PM »

Yes. A lot to do with confidence in this league. Getti g a few wins can do wonders. There is not much to choose from 18 teams I reckon.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #2441 on: May 09, 2017, 09:35:21 PM »

Taylor's been alright, Bree's played 2nd fiddle to Hutton's mission for a new contract, Johnstone is gash.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2442 on: May 09, 2017, 09:49:40 PM »

Taylor's been alright, Bree's played 2nd fiddle to Hutton's mission for a new contract, Johnstone is gash.

Johnstone gash?? Really??  Couple of mistakes at the beginning when he was settling but since then he has been excellent, as good as any keeper in this league and a good few in the league above in my opinion.  We will be very lucky if we get him either permanently or on loan for another year.

Taylor is a massive upgrade on Amavi because he actually knows how to defend

Bree is a young lad coming from a small club with expectations that stretch no further than survival this season to one that expects everything, he was very good on Sunday....Hourihane likewise & expect both will only get better.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #2443 on: May 09, 2017, 09:54:25 PM »

Johnstone gash?? Really??  Couple of mistakes at the beginning when he was settling but since then he has been excellent, as good as any keeper in this league and a good few in the league above in my opinion.  We will be very lucky if we get him either permanently or on loan for another year.

He punches everything, even when its easier and safer to catch, he's a decent shot stopper but even then he parrys the ball back into dangerous areas to often, the goals against look ok because of how negative Bruce sets us up, As for as good as anything in this league and some above? No chance, he'll be in league 2 within the next couple of years.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 10:08:56 PM by LukeJames »

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2444 on: May 09, 2017, 10:13:04 PM »

He punches everything, even when its easier and safer to catch, he's a decent shot stopper but even then he parrys the ball back into dangerous areas to often, the goals against look ok because of how negative Bruce sets us up, As for as good as anything in this league and some above? No chance, he'll be in league 2 within the next couple of years.

As they say it's a game of opinions, I suspect in a couple of years he'll be in the England squad not League 2 - as for punching over catching, he's paid to keep the ball out of the net, how he chooses to do it is up to him & something Walsh can work on at BMH

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal