collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by chrisw1
[Today at 12:59:18 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by olaftab
[Today at 12:54:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113284 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #2415 on: May 09, 2017, 01:46:38 PM »
Who the fuck is writing off a season? What I said was that he, i.e., Dr X won't over indulge anyone, as he didn't with RDM. FFS.

You're talking like I've knocked your flagon over in the Prancing Pony. Needless to say, I was addressing the post who was writing off next season.

They come in pints!
What, prancing ponies?

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #2416 on: May 09, 2017, 02:08:49 PM »
Ah so you agreed with me, but just wanted to have a pop. Next time just say what you think.

I made my point to the litany of snide remarks that used to follow me around this forum, but I'll repeat it for your benefit. I didn't think we'd walk the league; I hoped we would, even more so as I found everything about the club and this board so utterly depressing that I could not stand any more of the corrosive negativity. I wanted it to happen and willed it too. We were so out of the winning habit and had been for half a decade that I feared at the worst we'd be like a falling lift, which is exactly how I felt on 1st October pounding the pavements of a Preston shite heap back to the car, worst fears being realised.

I share the view espoused by Saunders Heroes looking at next season; I'm hopeful.
The point I was making was that it was a bit hypocritical to be having a go at another poster considering what went on last season. You may have had your reasons for doing so at the time, but I don't think that really changes anything.

I'd also suggest that if you're not happy with snide comments being made in your direction, it might be best not to call others contributions spectacularly stupid.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2417 on: May 09, 2017, 02:25:57 PM »
I didn't say I was unhappy. If I was, I'd tell you.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2418 on: May 09, 2017, 03:50:32 PM »
Let's be honest, writing off the forthcoming season just two days after the last one has finished is a bit odd.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #2419 on: May 09, 2017, 05:09:24 PM »
Bruce should realise that with even great defenders at your disposal unless you can score goals your defence will always be under pressure. The lack of goals this season have helped heap more pressure on the defence as even when taking a lead we couldn't seem to shake other teams off. When we went behind the situation was always worse. Setting up teams to score goals does not seem to be a strength of Bruce and could ultimately prove his downfall.

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #2420 on: May 09, 2017, 05:27:59 PM »
Let's be honest, writing off the forthcoming season just two days after the last one has finished is a bit odd.

Lets see who is on his get rid list, and who he signs, then I'll let you know if next season is going to be a write off.
Although I don't hold out much hope, as he has signed Gardner till 2020 and Hutton (and Bunn I think)for another season, and reckons Gabby and Fatty are worth persevering with for next season.

Online Rico

« Reply #2421 on: May 09, 2017, 05:31:14 PM »
With the resources that Bruce has had available to him, to not even make the top half of the table is pretty poor imo. At some point or other Bruce has had Kodjia, Rudy, McCormack and Hogan available to him. All proven goal scorers at this level. Apart from Kodjia, they have all been a failure. Was that down to them being over rated, or down to Bruce not getting the best from them. I don't think he's done enough to use them to the best of their ability (Kodjia apart). So for me i wouldn't be surprised to see Aston Villa with a new manager come the start of next season.

Offline levico

« Reply #2422 on: May 09, 2017, 05:35:16 PM »
Obviously nobody is really writing off next season - we all hope for the very best.

But our degrees of optimism are fuelled by our individual views of Bruce's capabilities. Personally I'm torn in the sense that I'm glad we have an owner who is prepared to give a manager a full crack of the whip but having said that, I've seen nothing to convince me that Bruce can get the best out of a squad of players or has kept up with what the Champuonship is all about these days.

Leaving him in place only to have to sack him, as per RDM, in Nov/Dec is potentially a wasted season IMHO.

Don't see anything spectacularly stupid about that.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2423 on: May 09, 2017, 05:39:49 PM »
Obviously nobody is really writing off next season - we all hope for the very best.

But our degrees of optimism are fuelled by our individual views of Bruce's capabilities. Personally I'm torn in the sense that I'm glad we have an owner who is prepared to give a manager a full crack of the whip but having said that, I've seen nothing to convince me that Bruce can get the best out of a squad of players or has kept up with what the Champuonship is all about these days.

Leaving him in place only to have to sack him, as per RDM, in Nov/Dec is potentially a wasted season IMHO.

But how do you know he's going to sack him in November?

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2424 on: May 09, 2017, 05:59:10 PM »
Who the fuck is writing off a season? What I said was that he, i.e., Dr X won't over indulge anyone, as he didn't with RDM. FFS.

You're talking like I've knocked your flagon over in the Prancing Pony. Needless to say, I was addressing the post who was writing off next season.

They come in pints!

No, that's elephants.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #2425 on: May 09, 2017, 06:03:04 PM »

They come in pints!

No, that's elephants.
I was always told that it was blue tits .

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2426 on: May 09, 2017, 06:50:24 PM »

But how do you know he's going to sack him in November?

because he's done not one thing so far that gives me any reason why he wont be rubbish again next season

Online TonyD

« Reply #2427 on: May 09, 2017, 07:39:34 PM »
Next season is a write off if he stays. 

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2428 on: May 09, 2017, 08:09:18 PM »
Bit dramatic, I don't like him much either but we have to see how he shapes the squad before he gets the tin tack. That's just the way of the world, in football, then someone else comes in to undo it all and so on and so on.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2429 on: May 09, 2017, 08:28:51 PM »
I really don't think the squad needs much shaping, two or three additions should do it. I'm far more concerned with what Bruce does with what he has. I would hope he spends some of his budget re-enforcing his staff. If he doesn't know how to coach himself - and reading reports on his time at Hull he left it to others, I would hope he brings in somebody that can get the team playing with some sort of direction and plan.

It's the only way he and more importantly the team will survive next season. We need to be 100% prepared right from the first game of the season, no needing time to gell, settle in,etc just straight out the blocks driving for automatic promotion. If the squad have to do double sessions, so be it, just get them all knowing what they're doing and fully motivated to have a brilliant season.

Will it happen? Based on this past season I have extreme doubts and if it doesn't there will only be one man to blame as I'm sure Bruce knows.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal