collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Gareth
[Today at 09:57:19 AM]

Gordon Cowans by brian green
[Today at 09:55:02 AM]

FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Gareth
[Today at 09:57:19 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by brian green
[Today at 09:55:02 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by LeeB
[Today at 09:54:22 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 09:51:04 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by LeeB
[Today at 09:50:04 AM]

Re: FFP by oldtimernow
[Today at 09:47:59 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Dante Lavelli
[Today at 09:45:57 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2114687 times)

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #2385 on: May 08, 2017, 02:53:50 PM »
why Hutton?

Heard this rumour in the ground yesterday - and Hutton was out with (allegedly) two broken ribs. If they were stitches from having moles surgically removed I wouldn't trust the surgeon to sew a button on my shirt, and, as PWS says, looking at earlier pictures of Bruce I can't see any evidence of moles. What we need is a mole in the camp (see what I did there...) to spill the beans

I stuck around after the game as my son wanted to get some autographs from the players, Hutton was moving around fine and appeared to be in high spirits, he posed for photo's for a good 20 minutes and did not appear to be in any pain/discomfort.

Watching the video of the players walking around the pitch after the game, Hutton seems to be fine, having no problem applauding the fans. Having fractured two ribs myself and knowing the agony that comes with it, I'd be very surprised if Hutton had broken ribs.
My main concern was with Bruce who looked like he'd had major surgery.

If the moles were removed because they were pre-cancerous rather than for cosmetic reasons then it is entirely consistent with that. An ex boss of mine had something similar on his nose and it looked much the same.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 02:58:02 PM by Chris Smith »

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #2386 on: May 08, 2017, 02:57:08 PM »
According to Dr T this season is 59/100 with 60 being a "pass". I think it will be a very tough meeting for Bruce today/tomorrow.  I can see him having to convince Dr T that he should keep his job.

If 59/100 is not a pass it has to be a fail.  Therefore the club has failed.  Has Bruce in his part passed? 

Given that for the first quarter of the season RDM probably scored 5/100 I think Bruce has done enough to be given a chance.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2387 on: May 08, 2017, 04:12:12 PM »
The seeds need longer than 6 months to grow, especially when planted in ground sowed previously with salt.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2388 on: May 08, 2017, 06:57:18 PM »
A skinny dog will accept any scraps from the table.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #2389 on: May 08, 2017, 07:04:04 PM »
According to Dr T this season is 59/100 with 60 being a "pass". I think it will be a very tough meeting for Bruce today/tomorrow.  I can see him having to convince Dr T that he should keep his job.

If 59/100 is not a pass it has to be a fail.  Therefore the club has failed.  Has Bruce in his part passed? 

Given that for the first quarter of the season RDM probably scored 5/100 I think Bruce has done enough to be given a chance.
RDM had 11 games and was pretty much crap, Bruce has had 35 games and is pretty much crap.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #2390 on: May 08, 2017, 07:12:16 PM »
The seeds need longer than 6 months to grow, especially when planted in ground sowed previously with salt.

Are you Eric Cantona in disguise?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2391 on: May 08, 2017, 07:35:29 PM »
Has he gone yet?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2392 on: May 08, 2017, 10:48:03 PM »

I don't think Bruce is doing himself any favours by publicly looking to bring more players in, when the players he brought in back in Jan haven't integrated at all, Taylor maybe has done ok. He might be forced to put a bit more thought into his signings this summer if given no money apart from recoups of player sales.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #2393 on: May 08, 2017, 11:26:41 PM »

I don't think Bruce is doing himself any favours by publicly looking to bring more players in, when the players he brought in back in Jan haven't integrated at all, Taylor maybe has done ok. He might be forced to put a bit more thought into his signings this summer if given no money apart from recoups of player sales.

Nigel Spink on WM was saying that we need to trim the squad right down and the ideal senior squad size is about 17 or 18, with the U23 players stepping up if required.  With that in mind and not counting any kids we should be looking at a senior squad of something like:

New Keeper, Steer,

De Laet, Bree, Chester, New CB, Baker, Taylor

Jedinak, Lansbury, Hourihane, Bjarnason, Bacuna

Adomah, Grealish

Hogan, Kodjia, Agbonlahor

Kodjia's injury means we will need a new striker and then there are the younger players like Lyden, Green, Hepburn-Murphy and Davis.  It still looks a few short, but I'm not sure he will be adding too many to that.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 11:28:19 PM by tomd2103 »

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2394 on: May 08, 2017, 11:36:39 PM »

Nigel Spink on WM was saying that we need to trim the squad right down and the ideal senior squad size is about 17 or 18, with the U23 players stepping up if required.  With that in mind and not counting any kids we should be looking at a senior squad of something like:

New Keeper, Steer,

Adomah, Grealish

Kodjia's injury means we will need a new striker and then there are the younger players like Lyden, Green, Hepburn-Murphy and Davis.  It still looks a few short, but I'm not sure he will be adding too many to that.

Got to the 17 or 18 bit and stopped reading because that's just silly.  Spink may have been a good keeper in his time but that's just bullshit.  If you go into a 48 game (minimum) season with 18 senior players then you're putting a huge amount of faith into keeping injuries and suspension down to almost nothing and our record on injuries for the last few years makes that a totally unnecessary risk.  Yes it gives you a tight knit group but at a club that can afford to carry a senior squad of 23-24 fairly easily it's just not worth it.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2395 on: May 08, 2017, 11:36:52 PM »
Has he gone yet?
Nearly the whole day has passed and still no resignation or mutual separation....how disappointing😩

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2396 on: May 08, 2017, 11:39:14 PM »

Are you Eric Cantona in disguise?
Comrade the Morrisons £75 gift token is on its way to you😀

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #2397 on: May 09, 2017, 05:03:47 AM »

New Keeper, Steer,

Adomah, Grealish

Got to the 17 or 18 bit and stopped reading because that's just silly.  Spink may have been a good keeper in his time but that's just bullshit.  If you go into a 48 game (minimum) season with 18 senior players then you're putting a huge amount of faith into keeping injuries and suspension down to almost nothing and our record on injuries for the last few years makes that a totally unnecessary risk.  Yes it gives you a tight knit group but at a club that can afford to carry a senior squad of 23-24 fairly easily it's just not worth it.

The way we go with injuries we wouldn't get through August with 17 or 18 players.

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #2398 on: May 09, 2017, 07:34:41 AM »
If we are going to place any trust in Bacuna, Adomah and Agbonlahor as part of a 17 man squad of seniors, we will be lucky to finish top half next season. 

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #2399 on: May 09, 2017, 07:45:35 AM »
Brighton were bloody awful. How they got anywhere near promotion...

People can't even say they'd switched off either. You could see how.much they wanted to win the league with how many were on their arse crying. They were shite.
They weren't impressive at their ground when we played them either.
I saw them play Blues on TV and remember thinking "How are they where they are??"....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal