collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113183 times)

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #2370 on: May 08, 2017, 10:35:54 AM »
why Hutton?

Heard this rumour in the ground yesterday - and Hutton was out with (allegedly) two broken ribs. If they were stitches from having moles surgically removed I wouldn't trust the surgeon to sew a button on my shirt, and, as PWS says, looking at earlier pictures of Bruce I can't see any evidence of moles. What we need is a mole in the camp (see what I did there...) to spill the beans

I stuck around after the game as my son wanted to get some autographs from the players, Hutton was moving around fine and appeared to be in high spirits, he posed for photo's for a good 20 minutes and did not appear to be in any pain/discomfort.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2371 on: May 08, 2017, 12:15:27 PM »
Does anyone think there's any chance he might go today?

Offline KRS

« Reply #2372 on: May 08, 2017, 12:20:27 PM »
0%

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2373 on: May 08, 2017, 12:35:58 PM »
ok, tomorrow, then?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2374 on: May 08, 2017, 12:45:13 PM »

Go the Chippie? 95% chance.
Go from the Villa? 0% chance.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2375 on: May 08, 2017, 12:47:41 PM »
For me the only way he goes this summer is if he decides to go & I can't see that happening.

Pressure will be on from minute one come August but for now it's about the transfer window and pre-season training so rather than Bruce it's whether there are any changes needed on his coaching staff be it fitness coaches that get them in proper Championship shape this time or technical coaches to bring some fresh ideas. 

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #2376 on: May 08, 2017, 12:58:34 PM »
For me the only way he goes this summer is if he decides to go & I can't see that happening.

Pressure will be on from minute one come August but for now it's about the transfer window and pre-season training so rather than Bruce it's whether there are any changes needed on his coaching staff be it fitness coaches that get them in proper Championship shape this time or technical coaches to bring some fresh ideas.

The problem is, Bruce doesn't handle pressure well. Never has done as a manager.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #2377 on: May 08, 2017, 01:12:27 PM »
Gareth, that remark from the Dr, that it needs a team building not individuals, is a very cutting statement to the manager of any club, Bruce may not be as comfortable as we think, I believe also that Wyness might have brought him here, but again a statement made on twitter by him last week after Blackburn , was not a ringing endorsement of Bruce either.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #2378 on: May 08, 2017, 01:21:20 PM »
Gareth, that remark from the Dr, that it needs a team building not individuals, is a very cutting statement to the manager of any club, Bruce may not be as comfortable as we think, I believe also that Wyness might have brought him here, but again a statement made on twitter by him last week after Blackburn , was not a ringing endorsement of Bruce either.

Very much agree - Old Dr Tony does not mince his words does he - and I am really glad of it. Successful people like him do not have time for complaints of bad luck etc they want and expect results

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #2379 on: May 08, 2017, 01:25:59 PM »
According to Dr T this season is 59/100 with 60 being a "pass". I think it will be a very tough meeting for Bruce today/tomorrow.  I can see him having to convince Dr T that he should keep his job.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2380 on: May 08, 2017, 02:27:30 PM »
why Hutton?

Heard this rumour in the ground yesterday - and Hutton was out with (allegedly) two broken ribs. If they were stitches from having moles surgically removed I wouldn't trust the surgeon to sew a button on my shirt, and, as PWS says, looking at earlier pictures of Bruce I can't see any evidence of moles. What we need is a mole in the camp (see what I did there...) to spill the beans

I stuck around after the game as my son wanted to get some autographs from the players, Hutton was moving around fine and appeared to be in high spirits, he posed for photo's for a good 20 minutes and did not appear to be in any pain/discomfort.

Watching the video of the players walking around the pitch after the game, Hutton seems to be fine, having no problem applauding the fans. Having fractured two ribs myself and knowing the agony that comes with it, I'd be very surprised if Hutton had broken ribs.
My main concern was with Bruce who looked like he'd had major surgery.

Online Gareth

« Reply #2381 on: May 08, 2017, 02:28:17 PM »

The problem is, Bruce doesn't handle pressure well. Never has done as a manager.

You look how well he looked when he took over compared to now...you never know he might want out?

Online Gareth

« Reply #2382 on: May 08, 2017, 02:31:01 PM »

Very much agree - Old Dr Tony does not mince his words does he - and I am really glad of it. Successful people like him do not have time for complaints of bad luck etc they want and expect results

I must admit I read that comment from Dr T more as a criticism of the summer recruitment of the likes of McCormack than how we stand now, would be an interesting meeting to be in on though :-)

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #2383 on: May 08, 2017, 02:31:24 PM »
According to Dr T this season is 59/100 with 60 being a "pass". I think it will be a very tough meeting for Bruce today/tomorrow.  I can see him having to convince Dr T that he should keep his job.

If 59/100 is not a pass it has to be a fail.  Therefore the club has failed.  Has Bruce in his part passed? 

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2384 on: May 08, 2017, 02:37:43 PM »
I don't think he'll be going anywhere. Keith Wyness said as much a couple of months ago. I doubt Dr Tone will be wanting to be on his 3rd manager in over a year.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal