collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2114264 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #2250 on: May 05, 2017, 05:43:04 PM »
Just seen SB news conference and he looks like he's been battered by Anthony Joshua or a bad car accident.......nothing so dramatic......he had moles surgically removed, (according to meaning evil).........they must have put up a hell of a fight !

I've just watched the interview, bloody hell, he looks like Frankenstein's monster. I couldn't help but laugh at the state of him. That being said, I really hope it's nothing serious and wish him a full and speedy recovery. Seems a lot of stitches for having a couple of moles removed.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #2251 on: May 05, 2017, 06:25:23 PM »
Bruce's record reads 30 odd games all played in exactly the same way ie rubbish

the ones we lost we were rubbish the ones we drew we were rubbish even the ones we won we wernt very good
there is no good or bad form just varying results picked up playing the same crap way every week

the whole thing has been garbage from start to finish, it's an absolute joke that people still think he's the man to lead us next season

i have always held my hands up saying I was always against his appointment from the start but even I thought he would be a lot better than this,
I thought he would at least be good enough to be in the play offs or pushing for them he's been an abject failure in every department so far, every single department,
points, league position,  style, shape, signings, coaching, back room team, entertainment value, fitness, goals scored, substitutions, line ups,

I mean honestly it's pretty obvious the bloke should not be given another season
Spot on.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #2252 on: May 05, 2017, 07:24:30 PM »
Fuck me what a terrible article

You see, Bruce has never had the potential to spend like he has at Villa

Apart from sunderland when he spent 16 million on bent and 60 odd million overall which included titus bramble

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #2253 on: May 05, 2017, 08:59:21 PM »
Bruce's record reads 30 odd games all played in exactly the same way ie rubbish

the ones we lost we were rubbish the ones we drew we were rubbish even the ones we won we wernt very good
there is no good or bad form just varying results picked up playing the same crap way every week

the whole thing has been garbage from start to finish, it's an absolute joke that people still think he's the man to lead us next season

i have always held my hands up saying I was always against his appointment from the start but even I thought he would be a lot better than this,
I thought he would at least be good enough to be in the play offs or pushing for them he's been an abject failure in every department so far, every single department,
points, league position,  style, shape, signings, coaching, back room team, entertainment value, fitness, goals scored, substitutions, line ups,

I mean honestly it's pretty obvious the bloke should not be given another season
Spot on.

Yep, the blind faith that he will turn it round based on his previous exploits is bizarre when everything he has done with us points to him not being able to turn it round.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #2254 on: May 06, 2017, 12:17:58 AM »
As so many have said even in our wins we were never convincing and the football was dire, I cannot get past the fact that we took some very good players from other championship sides and in just a few games turned them into passengers. I don't mind Bruce and even in that interview he comes across as a decent bloke but at the same time I'm thinking he hasn't got a clue what to do.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #2255 on: May 06, 2017, 06:53:07 AM »
There comes a time in everybody's life when they can no longer do what they used to do.  It is inevitable.  It arises through declining energy levels, declining mental capacity, declining motivation and the field of your expertise moving on without you.  I fear increasingly that we have hired Bruce on the strength of his past record but we are finding to our cost that it is all just that - in the past.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2256 on: May 06, 2017, 07:13:38 AM »
There comes a time in everybody's life when they can no longer do what they used to do.  It is inevitable.  It arises through declining energy levels, declining mental capacity, declining motivation and the field of your expertise moving on without you.  I fear increasingly that we have hired Bruce on the strength of his past record but we are finding to our cost that it is all just that - in the past.

Although it was only 12 months ago since he got a team promoted.

It will be interesting to see how David Moyes does with Sunderland next year if he decides to stick with them.

Offline brian green

« Reply #2257 on: May 06, 2017, 07:35:28 AM »
Yes, he got a team promoted last year, but that was last year.  All the evidence, the hard evidence of this season  is that his promotion winning abilities are waning.   Lester Piggott rode nine Epsom Derby winners but never rode a tenth.  It is part of the ageing process.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #2258 on: May 06, 2017, 07:57:53 AM »
Yes, he got a team promoted last year, but that was last year.  All the evidence, the hard evidence of this season  is that his promotion winning abilities are waning.   Lester Piggott rode nine Epsom Derby winners but never rode a tenth.  It is part of the ageing process.

True, but quite often, our horse only has three legs. Sometimes two.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #2259 on: May 06, 2017, 08:14:47 AM »

So you're discounting his previous promotion because it was last season? That's a bit odd.

Offline brian green

« Reply #2260 on: May 06, 2017, 08:41:48 AM »
It is not at all odd.  People lose their ability to do everything, including their work.  The ability to manage a football team is not fixed and immutable.  The evidence is that Bruce may well have reached the point that his abilities have diminished significantly. And for the record I voted for him being given a little more time, but only a little before next season goes the same way as the last one.

Offline KRS

« Reply #2261 on: May 06, 2017, 08:57:40 AM »
For me, the only things that go in the favour of Bruce at the moment is the colossal shitfest that he inherited on and off the pitch, and that he also came in part way through the season without a pre-season under his belt. We really shouldn't forget the turmoil behind the scenes that has been left to fester for years and obviously can't dismiss the poor quality of players at his disposal or the player culture which has been questioned in terms of attitude and training.

I'm not a fan of Bruce and question some of his decisions and apparent lack of tactics as much as the next man, but the amount of work that needs to be done to turn this ship around really can't be underestimated...and all that needs to be done whilst being under pressure to get performances and results on the pitch.

There are massive doubts over his ability to do this job, and if the job at hand is too big for him, but given a pre-season and time without games coming thick and fast each week, just be may he will be able to implement the much needed changes behind the scenes and have a squad ready to face next season with players being played in their correct positions and suitable tactics/formation to get the best out of them.

Unfortunately I don't have much confidence in Bruce at all, but there is clearly a case for him to be given a chance if you take into consideration the amount of shit he's got to deal with.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #2262 on: May 06, 2017, 09:00:16 AM »
It is not at all odd.  People lose their ability to do everything, including their work.  The ability to manage a football team is not fixed and immutable.  The evidence is that Bruce may well have reached the point that his abilities have diminished significantly. And for the record I voted for him being given a little more time, but only a little before next season goes the same way as the last one.

I do think it's a little unfair to suggest he might be past his best just because he failed to get us anywhere near the play offs when  this time last year he did just that with Hull. He's not going to do it overnight with every club he walks into. As for his age, the guy is only 56.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #2263 on: May 06, 2017, 09:05:55 AM »
I can't help but think that if we give Bruce another chance he'll be sacked by Xmas following another disappointing run of results, and that'll be another season wasted.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2264 on: May 06, 2017, 09:18:40 AM »

I do think it's a little unfair to suggest he might be past his best just because he failed to get us anywhere near the play offs when  this time last year he did just that with Hull. He's not going to do it overnight with every club he walks into. As for his age, the guy is only 56.
You are taking it too literal.
He may only be 56 in age, but his approach to the game is now falling behind those who are more enlightened.
Slow and steady, grind out some 1-0 wins will not get us out of this division next season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal