collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2114252 times)

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #1950 on: April 29, 2017, 09:50:41 PM »
Keith Wyness on Twitter...

"I dont think i have ever been so angry about a performance from a team i work with , unacceptable as SB said"

The ineptitude starts with Bruce.  It was obvious from the word go that it was a shit team set up.  Kodjia and Hogan just can't work together, and the midfield looked as bad as it has all season.

It's all very well Bruce and Wyness saying how angry they are, but to be honest the performance didn't stand out as being much worse than lots of others under Bruce.  They've mostly all been crap, and he's the chief instigator.

Ask what the players think they are doing.

There's clearly a disconnect in coaching here.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1951 on: April 29, 2017, 09:54:22 PM »
Whyness  took a big gamble bringing in Bruce in a futile attempt to win promotion this season. It has not worked so it's time to get rid of him and get a decent young coach in well before the preseason otherwise we will be looking at Happy Arry come October.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #1952 on: April 29, 2017, 10:00:07 PM »
Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce:
That's arguably the worst we've played since I've been here, but a big club like ours, away from home, four wins all season, is nowhere near good enough to where we should be.

"Too many times I've seen us play the way we did today, where we haven't done enough in every department.

"We were absolutely hopeless. Hopeless. And unfortunately away from home I've seen that too many times. Not good enough and I've been here the best part of six months and too many times I've come away like that and thought, 'Dear oh dear, that was inept'."

You've been in charge for 34 odd games, dont know what formation to play and the right position to play the players you bought in

Just fuck off you repetitive twat

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1953 on: April 29, 2017, 10:02:57 PM »
Talk to your team, Brucie
Then your coaches

There is a big gap, somewhere.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1954 on: April 29, 2017, 10:21:24 PM »
He has proved himself massively out of his depth at a big club like Aston Villa. I fully expect though if we do fire him he'd take any another smaller club in the Championship with lesser resources and expectations into the PL.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #1955 on: April 29, 2017, 10:39:37 PM »
Ever get the feeling youve heard something before?

Steve Bruce after losing to Norwich on 13th December

"I can accept getting beat, what I can't accept is players not putting their boots on, not turning up.

"We did not do enough with the ball or without it and we got exactly what we deserved from the game - nothing. I can't remember a chance, I can't remember a cross going into their box, and the number of times we gave the ball away was totally unacceptable. You have got to play at a certain level if you want to play for Aston Villa and they didn't come anywhere near to reaching that."

Steve Bruce tonight

“A big club like ours, to have four wins away from home is nowhere near good enough,

“Too many times I’ve seen us play the way we did today where we haven’t done enough in every department.

“We just don’t do enough, we don’t compete, we don’t take part in the game enough."

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1956 on: April 29, 2017, 10:48:54 PM »
I like Bruce, he seems a real decent bloke, I found I couldn't really dislike him even when he was at sha. But he's had 34 league games here, how many of those have we played well in? We've won a few looking fairly comfortable without playing particularly well which is fine to do sometimes, but it's different to playing well and putting on an enjoyable performance. I just don't see us winning the approx 90 points needed to go up automatically if we very rarely look capable of outplaying even the sides at the bottom of the table. Or even get points to finish top 6.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1957 on: April 29, 2017, 11:33:37 PM »
One more season of this crap and I'm probably gonna go full Harvey Keitel in Bad Lieutenant. I can't take much more.

Stop a prostitute's car and masturbate?

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #1958 on: April 29, 2017, 11:37:56 PM »
Just find us a manager who can send a team out to play some exciting attacking football - creating chances and scoring goals. I don't give a shit about promotion in all honesty, I just want to come home from a game feeling as though I've watched football.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1959 on: April 30, 2017, 12:21:47 AM »
The fella at Hull. His contract's up at the end of the season, he's done incredible things at other clubs (and Hull). I doubt he went there for the glamorous lifestyle and the fame. Pay him good money, with appropriate incentives, and get the fug of 21st century Villa away from the club.

I know that we tried that with Remi Garde, but 'abroad' isn't a place. Nor is 'foreign'.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1960 on: April 30, 2017, 12:27:59 AM »
One more season of this crap and I'm probably gonna go full Harvey Keitel in Bad Lieutenant. I can't take much more.

Stop a prostitute's car and masturbate?

I believe injections of heroine, catastrophic gambling and murder were involved.

Dona eis requiem.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #1961 on: April 30, 2017, 12:32:19 AM »
I still cant make him out. He is so.. sane, I mean he always gets his comments spot on, always watched the same match I did and yet he can go on losing runs and usually has us play some dire stuff.

Perplexing bloke.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #1962 on: April 30, 2017, 12:36:12 AM »
Here's how it will all pan out: We will stick with Bruce (quite right, too, in my opinion) and make the squad changes that he has mentioned in the media.  We will have a pretty indifferent pre-season and many Villa fans will be angry at some pretty dodgy results only for the team to start clicking in September.  We will then spend the rest of the season solidly around the top of the table and gain promotion in 2018.  Bruce will then be given until Christmas 2018 to see how he hacks it in the Premier League - inevitably there will be a parting of the ways and the Doctor will move on with phase two of his Villa rebuild with a new manager and signings to match.  As for Bruce? He will be in the running to replace Southgate...

You heard it here first.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1963 on: April 30, 2017, 12:37:28 AM »
I believe that SB has now crossed The Rubicon. 

There was no pressure on us today, there will never be less, but he has used the occasion to persist with his relentless negative team selections, putting proven quality players out of position and persisting with robots like Gardner and Bacuna.

I really thought he might accomplish something, but then again I thought the same about SGT Mark 2.

He needs to be fucked off forthwith.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #1964 on: April 30, 2017, 12:38:51 AM »
Why do we get all the footballing dinosaurs who play god-awful, throwback football? O'Neill, McLeish, Lambert, Bruce. Even when we win it's grinding it out and the football is garbage. The teams in the play offs have young, foreign managers who have a style of play and their teams have an identity. What do we have? We play some of the worst football in the league despite spending the most money. We haven't played well since Brighton away in November. I'm contradicting myself here because I actually like Bruce, but I'm starting to think we won't get promoted with him. Even if he did have us in the play offs it would be through performances like we saw last week, I.e. crap! Let's have some entertaining football at VP for once and get bums back on seats because his brand of football isn't going to shift tickets.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal