collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113702 times)

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #1905 on: April 29, 2017, 04:57:52 PM »
I'm as sure as I can be that if Steve Bruce is our manager on the opening day of the next season we won't end it as a PL club. Today was a fucking abomination of a performance. Still, for 25th time this season Bruce will say we were poor, need to pass the ball better. Yeah Steve, apart that's what we've been paying you a small fortune to get them doing.

Thanks. Saved me typing it.

Online Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #1906 on: April 29, 2017, 04:59:33 PM »
I've voted yes. We look shite with no sign of a pattern of play other than lumping it long. With this group of players I would expect a more cohesive style of football. If we lump it, okay I can accept that if we're looking likely to get results but embarrasingly, we don't. We've been played off the pitch too many times this season. He's already bought a load of wishy-washy players. How many more does he need before we look like a football team? Grr.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #1907 on: April 29, 2017, 04:59:39 PM »
For the love of god get rid.   He does NOTHING as a manager.   Truly truly embarrassing today.   No more fuckin excuses. 

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #1908 on: April 29, 2017, 05:02:22 PM »
Wait until Huddersfield dont make the play offs (i hope Fulham go up) and then get Wagner. Its utter tripe when we dig out a win, but is awful when we play like that and keep losing.

Online Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #1909 on: April 29, 2017, 05:07:46 PM »
Wait until Huddersfield dont make the play offs (i hope Fulham go up) and then get Wagner. Its utter tripe when we dig out a win, but is awful when we play like that and keep losing.

Good shout on Wagner. If we at least played half decent football I'd be happy. I don't expect to win every game, just to look like a football team.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1910 on: April 29, 2017, 05:08:59 PM »
I'm thinking this won't work out.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #1911 on: April 29, 2017, 05:14:41 PM »
I thought Bruce was going to be the perfect fit for us. Good track record of getting average teams promoted, and I really thought that at a club who'd provide significant backing he'd do the job with ease. I expected the football to be functional but effective, but it's just plain awful. Decent players at this level seem to regress when they come to us, players like Grealish who were expected to tear this division up seem to have gone into their shell, and the basics of the game seem to have deserted the whole team. The tactics and team shape don't play to players' strengths, there's no guile, the pace is pedestrian, and when a player gets the ball we all know exactly what he'll do with it until we just give possession away. We've become totally reliant on Jedinak and Kodjia, and we saw how bad we were without them in January & February. I thought he was the right man for the job. I was wrong

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #1912 on: April 29, 2017, 05:21:29 PM »
We had the pick of the best half doz years now we hope to get a dodgy gezer whose been on benefits from somewhere like abergavenny or Banff.. what a soddin mess.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1913 on: April 29, 2017, 05:23:47 PM »
I haven't seen anything of todays game but reading the match thread and on here it's pretty clear that it's another performance where the same problems are there.  Defensive structure ahead of everything else to play for a clean sheet and hope for something special at the other end.  Players who'll run around a lot preferred to players who can actually influence the game.  A summer and 3-4 new first team regulars might make us better at doing it but the game plan won't change and even if he manages to scrap into the playoffs next season I'd be fucking terrified of seeing a team play this way in the premier league.

Offline ez

« Reply #1914 on: April 29, 2017, 05:24:00 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/avfcofficial/videos/1531786086865455/

He's said again that he's disappointed with the performance. I like his honesty but he's sounding like a broken record now.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #1915 on: April 29, 2017, 05:24:17 PM »
I fully expect Bruce to be here for the start of next season, but I'm buggered if I can think of a single reason why - other than him managing to avoid back-to-back relegations. So same shite: different year it is then. Triffick.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1916 on: April 29, 2017, 05:27:52 PM »
I just don't really see the point of us when we're managed by someone like Bruce. We should be Aston F*cking Villa, not just making up the numbers and boring people to death.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #1917 on: April 29, 2017, 05:30:22 PM »
How many times have we played well under Bruce? Brighton away, erm... that's it?

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1918 on: April 29, 2017, 05:32:57 PM »
Anyone expecting olé football under Bruce was sailing the good ship LSD.

I had hoped for better than this, though.

Sure, scuffle and scratch out a win from time to time as required. But with our team and our resources, we should be looking to be on the front foot more often than not. Creating more chances than the opposition more often than not ( even if our style isn't one for the purists) and generally looking to boss the game. It won't always happen, but that should be the aim.

Instead, we are content with meek, underdog football. Kill the game as a spectacle, and hope to pinch something on the counter - either from a set play or a moment of inspiration from JK.

Not entirely surprising, considering meek underdog football was perfectly fine at his other clubs.

But the hope with us was a bigger palette might produce brighter results. Instead, it is the same vomit that has become  his trademark.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 05:37:15 PM by KevinGage »

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #1919 on: April 29, 2017, 05:34:25 PM »
I just don't really see the point of us when we're managed by someone like Bruce. We should be Aston F*cking Villa, not just making up the numbers and boring people to death.
This.
When you look at some of the clubs who are in the top flight the way acceptance of mediocrity seems to be becoming commonplace at Aston Villa is depressing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal