collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2115219 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #1875 on: April 21, 2017, 03:04:56 PM »
Round's. Is that a really outrageous suggestion, considering your condescending tone?

Why am i being condencending? I'm just asking a question, I haven't been impolite.

In the case of someone like McCormack, you might be right. The others do sound like players who the manager has wanted.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #1876 on: April 21, 2017, 03:09:02 PM »
Apologies. Think the Ugo news is getting to me.

The fact Hourihan and Hogan appear to be shoehorned in suggested differently
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 03:24:16 PM by itbrvilla »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1877 on: April 21, 2017, 08:28:25 PM »
Continuity is only worth it if there is something worth continuing with. I'm not convinced that shit mid-table second division football and results with the most expensively assembled squad in the history of the division is worth continuing with.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1878 on: April 21, 2017, 09:04:39 PM »
Round only started on 1st September, so McCormack is on the Aloof One.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1879 on: April 21, 2017, 09:14:58 PM »
He's got to have a full season at least, in my opinion. He's got a damn good record when it comes to getting teams out of this league so it'd be daft to get rid and start all over again. And remember the state of this club last year after 7 years of sabotage. We were rock bottom, and when you're as low as we were nothing is gonna change overnight no matter how much we want it to.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #1880 on: April 21, 2017, 09:22:31 PM »
Only problem is, there hasn't been any improvement what so ever from where I'm stood.

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #1881 on: April 21, 2017, 09:28:39 PM »
Continuity is only worth it if there is something worth continuing with. I'm not convinced that shit mid-table second division football and results with the most expensively assembled squad in the history of the division is worth continuing with.

My thoughts too.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1882 on: April 21, 2017, 09:29:44 PM »
The squad is still in balanced. It's all well and good providing a snap shot, but this most expensively assembled squad is replacing on of the worst in English football history.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1883 on: April 21, 2017, 09:34:50 PM »
He's got to have a full season at least, in my opinion. He's got a damn good record when it comes to getting teams out of this league so it'd be daft to get rid and start all over again. And remember the state of this club last year after 7 years of sabotage. We were rock bottom, and when you're as low as we were nothing is gonna change overnight no matter how much we want it to.

Pretty much where I am with it all. I think to chuck him at the end of the season would just induce more unnecessary turmoil to the club.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1884 on: April 21, 2017, 09:50:20 PM »

You raise a valid point in that we were rock bottom at the end of last season.  However, very few were willing to give RDM much of a chance, regardless of your last point.  Why was that?  Were we so arrogant that we though it should have been a cakewalk, RDM was massively under achieving and the play-offs were still easily achievable.  With hindsight, did we jump the gun.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1885 on: April 21, 2017, 09:56:14 PM »
....... is replacing on of the worst in English football history.

That's a massive exaggeration.  We had the worst record in PL history but the squad was under performing for one reason or another.  There were still players that were good enough for this level.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #1886 on: April 21, 2017, 09:57:47 PM »

You raise a valid point in that we were rock bottom at the end of last season.  However, very few were willing to give RDM much of a chance, regardless of your last point.  Why was that?  Were we so arrogant that we though it should have been a cakewalk, RDM was massively under achieving and the play-offs were still easily achievable.  With hindsight, did we jump the gun.

I just don't think RDM was a good fit, and I don't rate him as a manager anyway despite the Champions League win. Mind you whoever took over last summer had an immense job on his hands considering the state of the club.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #1887 on: April 21, 2017, 09:59:14 PM »
....... is replacing on of the worst in English football history.

That's a massive exaggeration.  We had the worst record in PL history but the squad was under performing for one reason or another.  There were still players that were good enough for this level.

Most of the players we had in that squad were shit. I don't buy the "underperforming" bit.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #1888 on: April 21, 2017, 10:01:20 PM »
We're still shit, and that's why we're not on the telly on Sunday, Wankers.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #1889 on: April 21, 2017, 10:04:01 PM »
We're still shit, and that's why we're not on the telly on Sunday, Wankers.

I couldn't care less that we're not on the telly. We know we're shit, it took us 7 years to get where we are now. It ain't gonna change over night.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal