collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113554 times)

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #1740 on: April 17, 2017, 08:52:55 PM »
It would be very odd for an owner to sack his second managerial appointment within a season without him having a single pre season.

This season is over and has been for a week or so. We probably need to get used to experimental line ups for the next few weeks.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1741 on: April 17, 2017, 08:54:51 PM »
If you need any evidence  to tell you that he hasnt got a clue, the decision to go 3 5 2 today should surely put this matter to bed.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1742 on: April 17, 2017, 08:59:38 PM »
Fulham did tend to play down the flanks for the majority of the game which is maybe why he played 352 to have a wider midfield.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1743 on: April 17, 2017, 08:59:41 PM »
He's got until October for me. Although if we lose to that shower next week and keep them up I'll never forgive him.
Of course not a go at you, but against this train of thought.

So, Bruce should be given whatever financial backing is coming in the summer, a pre-season and then 3 months?
If it's not working out, replace him?

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1744 on: April 17, 2017, 09:02:03 PM »
Fulham did tend to play down the flanks for the majority of the game which is maybe why he played 352 to have a wider midfield.

If you play 3-5-2 you're getting double-ups against you on the wings, which happened frequently today.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1745 on: April 17, 2017, 09:03:04 PM »
This is the system that went so horribly wrong earlier in the season and you would have thought that he would have learnt that we don't have the central defensive players to do this.
So why go for it again? there are other ways of countering width.

Offline chippy

« Reply #1746 on: April 17, 2017, 09:03:05 PM »
I can't believe this thread has been rejuvenated after two recent defeats.  Can't we just write off this season and judge him on next? There's nothing to play for.  Of course it would be nice for a top ten finish but to talk about sacking him over two meaningless defeats is just pathetic.  He should use the remaining games for experimentation anyway. 

Online Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1747 on: April 17, 2017, 09:03:54 PM »
He's got until October for me. Although if we lose to that shower next week and keep them up I'll never forgive him.
Of course not a go at you, but against this train of thought.

So, Bruce should be given whatever financial backing is coming in the summer, a pre-season and then 3 months?
If it's not working out, replace him?

I'd hope that Keith W would have acted by then.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1748 on: April 17, 2017, 09:06:13 PM »
I can't believe this thread has been rejuvenated after two recent defeats.  Can't we just write off this season and judge him on next? There's nothing to play for.  Of course it would be nice for a top ten finish but to talk about sacking him over two meaningless defeats is just pathetic.  He should use the remaining games for experimentation anyway.
All well and good if you think we can afford to waste another season + in this league before becoming a permenant fixture.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 09:08:32 PM by ChicagoLion »

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1749 on: April 17, 2017, 09:13:54 PM »
Chippy, nobody feels this way about Bruce because of two defeats.  It is because we at no time have dominated any game except for half an hour against Brighton.  For all the millions spent and players bought and sold we are no nearer having a promotion challenging side than the day we were relegated.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #1750 on: April 17, 2017, 09:22:52 PM »
Chippy, nobody feels this way about Bruce because of two defeats.  It is because we at no time have dominated any game except for half an hour against Brighton.  For all the millions spent and players bought and sold we are no nearer having a promotion challenging side than the day we were relegated.

Absolutely spot-on, Brian.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #1751 on: April 17, 2017, 09:24:32 PM »
Under Bruce's 32 league games for us he has a 43% win ratio. That's nowhere near enough to get us up. But if you look at his career, that's pretty much his win ratio....but then this is the championship and we've spent a shed load of money. We arguably have some of the better players in the league in Kodija, Hourihane, Hogan, Lansbury, Chester....But Kodija apart, they suddenly look rank average as soon as they join us. He just doesn't know how to play and set us up to get the best out of them...Hourihane in particular.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1752 on: April 17, 2017, 09:24:40 PM »

in fairness Brian we did dominate the game today

between the 30th and the 33rd minute we were all over them

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #1753 on: April 17, 2017, 09:25:44 PM »
What troubles me is who the hell do we bring in?
Be realistic...who?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1754 on: April 17, 2017, 09:27:18 PM »
Personally I'd have been willing to give him next season if any one of Hogan, Hourihane, Lansbury or Bjarnason looked like they were being played to their strengths but in truth our midfield and attack look as blunt and confused as what we had before.

I firmly believe that the entire club has fallen into a trap of thinking that all of the problems at the club would be solved by signing leaders and forgetting about forming them into a team.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal