collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:21:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113159 times)

Offline four fornicholl

Re: Steve Bruce: In or out?
« Reply #1710 on: April 17, 2017, 06:36:00 PM »
We are approaching 50 games this season. How many of them have been good performances, genuinely good, not clogger backs to the wall 10 men behind the ball and kill the game performances but one's here we play decent football, create a few chances, control the tempo?

3 or 4?
Your'e 3 or 4 out there AJ.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #1711 on: April 17, 2017, 06:38:15 PM »
Thread title changed. Poll reset and amended.

"Bruce out" was the lucky thread title, change it back to that, pretty please.

Better?

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1712 on: April 17, 2017, 06:38:55 PM »
I'm for sticking with Bruce but it's hard to argue against anyone who wanted Bruce out, there's been glaring mistakes, a small upturn, no noticeable pattern to play and very few goals. All in all it's been poor.

So much work to do over summer, again, I wouldn't be surprised if we are throwing cash around again.

Goalkeeper
Left back
Centre back
Centre mid
Wide player

But we've been making those same mistakes for years prior to Bruce turning up. What I mean is that considering the fragile state of the club when he turned up it's akin to turning an oil tanker trying to improve on the mess that is Villa since 2010. I for one think he's getting there and it'd be madness to get rid of the manager yet again. Next season will see us promoted in my opinion, for what it's worth.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1713 on: April 17, 2017, 06:40:19 PM »
Thread title changed. Poll reset and amended.

"Bruce out" was the lucky thread title, change it back to that, pretty please.

Better?

Much better. I feel confident of victory again, now. Many thanks.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #1714 on: April 17, 2017, 06:41:44 PM »
Auntie, I think you could be onto something with the theory about feeling sorry for Elphick.  All the time Bruce has been with us I have refrained from being excessively critical on the basis that "he can't be that stupid".  Massaging Gabby back into the team.  Ditto Richards.  Letting Gestede go a month too early.  Mollycoddling Mad Tom.  I have though Wyness and Bruce have got their heads together and plan to drop the shit on some unsuspecting mugs.  Like Fulham, McCormack and us.  But perhaps there is no cunning plan and he really thinks Gabby, Richards and Elphick are quality players.  What if he really is that thick.  Can't be can he?

The fact nobody on here would be able to give you a definitive answer to your question - either one way or t'other - speaks volumes, Brian. I just wonder how long it'll be before the owner starts to seriously consider giving somebody else the VP gig.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 06:56:23 PM by auntiesledd »

Online aj2k77

« Reply #1715 on: April 17, 2017, 06:41:57 PM »
I hope you are right SH, I just have this nasty gut feeling that this time next year we'll be on another manager and in a similar league position, playing poor football and on the brink of a summer cull to get the finances in order. We definitely won't be promoted playing this kind of football next season and I lack the belief to think we can sort out the teams problems over summer.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1716 on: April 17, 2017, 06:50:42 PM »
We're going to finish around 20 points outside the play off places I reckon, and if so that's abysmal.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #1717 on: April 17, 2017, 06:56:23 PM »
We're going to finish around 20 points outside the play off places I reckon, and if so that's abysmal.

Totally, even more galling given that the quality of the league is shit

Offline KRS

« Reply #1718 on: April 17, 2017, 06:56:53 PM »
Is SB on a rolling contract so he can be dismissed without being paid off?

I have no faith in Bruce at all...he's a nice guy and talks a good game, but he consistently makes bad decisions and appears to do little about correcting the problems that both he and the rest of us can see. I also can't see Wyness and Xia pulling the plug on Bruce in the summer as I think they genuinely believe they have appointed the right man for the job.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1719 on: April 17, 2017, 07:03:56 PM »
The problem is, they all, Wyness, Round, Bruce etc all talk a great game.  Do they really believe that they have the right man for the job?  If so, they would do well to take some reality pills.  It's fucking shit, the football is crap, the money spent is obscene, we are no further on than before the transfer window.  Have we still not got it right?  With the owners enthusiasm and money, is he as clueless as the rest of them or are we just being incredibly impatient?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1720 on: April 17, 2017, 07:05:14 PM »
He has to get a summer and a season start to judge him on.

Having said that, though, it has been hugely unimpressive thus far.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #1721 on: April 17, 2017, 07:11:32 PM »
His football is turd. Give him until the end of the season then wish him all the best in his future endeavours. Giving a new manager the full Summer to get organised.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1722 on: April 17, 2017, 07:15:41 PM »
He has to get a summer and a season start to judge him on.

Having said that, though, it has been hugely unimpressive thus far.

The only thing he has got going for him, in my opinion, is that he has done it before.  The trouble with that is that it is just blind faith.  As you say, he has shown nothing so far that convinces me that he can do it next season.

I do worry that continuing with Bruce, might be another opportunity missed to get the foundations right.

Offline myf

« Reply #1723 on: April 17, 2017, 07:37:36 PM »
Could be an "interesting" few weeks if we fail to beat small heath, especially after their run and a full house at VP. He'll be under massive pressure again and he doesn't seem to cope with it very well.  TBH if he fails to beat his former club I won't be sad to see him go

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #1724 on: April 17, 2017, 07:45:00 PM »
For me and I'm not a Bruce fan, I will give him until the Boxing Day game this year and if we are not top 3 he should walk. Apart from Brighton away I have since nothing at all to say he is the man to sort this, but I just don't want to change now

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal