collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2123248 times)

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
Re: Bruce is out of this world
« Reply #1560 on: April 10, 2017, 04:35:56 PM »
Hmm yes.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1561 on: April 10, 2017, 04:43:48 PM »
John takes it a bit too far but for us to have a run of 22 points out of 27 and still be nowhere near the play offs  does show just how poor a job he'd been doing until this run started.  As I said all along if he makes the top 10 then he'll deserve, purely on results, to go at next season but I can't say I'm happy about it.  The one positive is that I'd been gutted at the lack of streams for games earlier in the season and now I'm just checking the scores once or twice and having the odd read of the match thread whilst I watch something else (generally whatever rugby is on).

I thought you were a season ticket holder or a regular at games to be honest seeing how you've being berating Bruce's style of play since he walked through the door.
Its that better fan than you time again.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1562 on: April 10, 2017, 04:52:02 PM »
John takes it a bit too far but for us to have a run of 22 points out of 27 and still be nowhere near the play offs  does show just how poor a job he'd been doing until this run started.  As I said all along if he makes the top 10 then he'll deserve, purely on results, to go at next season but I can't say I'm happy about it.  The one positive is that I'd been gutted at the lack of streams for games earlier in the season and now I'm just checking the scores once or twice and having the odd read of the match thread whilst I watch something else (generally whatever rugby is on).

I thought you were a season ticket holder or a regular at games to be honest seeing how you've being berating Bruce's style of play since he walked through the door.

As a general rule someone who goes to the match IS a better fan. 

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1563 on: April 10, 2017, 04:55:45 PM »

I'm not sure where i've said i'm a better fan. I was just making an observation.

Offline wince

« Reply #1564 on: April 10, 2017, 05:47:22 PM »
I haven't been since Bruce but rather play ugly and win to build momentum. Bruce wont be here in our premier league years if you ask me but this level, the man to get us out

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1565 on: April 10, 2017, 06:00:39 PM »

I apologise for having an opinion and bow to the greater wisdom of people who attend every game, I hadn't realised that it was so essential.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1566 on: April 10, 2017, 06:30:26 PM »
I'd say you have to judge each case on its merits. 

If someone tells me that winning ugly is the only way to get out of the championship (which is in direct contrast to the majority of teams who have gone up in the past five years) attending two home games this season or attending 20 doesn't make their opinion more accurate.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #1567 on: April 10, 2017, 06:41:27 PM »
Plus Peter we should have Richie DeLaet back.  According to Leicester fans he is good going forward but poor defensively.  Another Amavi? Perhaps, but having bought him and carried him through injury he should be given his chance.

The other important thing we can use with De Laet next season (particularly if we sign an imposing, hold up kind of striker) is that he can lob a throw in like a WW1, train engine driven, siege gun.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1568 on: April 10, 2017, 06:55:01 PM »
Like a Hutton cross then.

Offline wince

« Reply #1569 on: April 10, 2017, 06:56:04 PM »
Thing is, only statistic we need worry about is winning. Regardless of how we do it as winning only thing we need to care about and if that is with Bruce or without. The championship is evenly matched and poor quality as any team can go up if they batter their way. I don't think the quality is great and to turn around a season like last year takes time. Whether Bruce will be our messiah is open to question but being harder to push over and getting results is not to be sniffed at. It is ugly but if we win...

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #1570 on: April 10, 2017, 07:02:10 PM »
attending two home games this season or attending 20 doesn't make their opinion more accurate.

Spot on, I've missed about 6 games all season, but reading some of the stuff on here, I'm wondering if I attended the right games/grounds

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1571 on: April 10, 2017, 07:05:16 PM »
Not actually watching games being no bar to expressing criticism, a case for which may well be made, ensures the ultimate conclusion is Goveism.  Knowledge is valueless.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #1572 on: April 10, 2017, 07:09:14 PM »
Here is a thing often missed. What is the common factor in the 2 poor spells which have meant "good but not quite right" on us bludgeoning our way up this year? No Kodjia.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #1573 on: April 10, 2017, 07:16:14 PM »
Here is a thing often missed. What is the common factor in the 2 poor spells which have meant "good but not quite right" on us bludgeoning our way up this year? No Kodjia.

Are you saying what I think you're saying? That Kodija and Baker are indispensable?

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1574 on: April 10, 2017, 07:16:29 PM »
Just to clarify since Bruce came in I've been to 2 games and I've watched every televised match.  Based on that, and having seen his teams plenty of other times play exactly the same way my criticism is based on what I know about him.  I don't hide the fact that I don't go to many games, I used to go regularly but between playing rugby for a number of years and having kids (coupled with a wife who works Saturdays 2-3 times a month) means a season ticket just isn't practical, there have been 6 games all season I could've made (2 being QPR and Norwich last week) so I could 'be a better fan' but not to the extent that a season ticket would be remotely practical.

What I don't like is the snobbishness that sometimes comes from people who do that they get a better view of the game and can understand it better.  For a handful of people who fully appreciate the game that's true but for most people watching on TV will give you just as much insight.  If you don't think that applies to you then you should try to make it as a professional scout.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal