collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113593 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Bruce is out of this world
« Reply #1545 on: April 10, 2017, 10:33:19 AM »
Spot the flaw in that post.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #1546 on: April 10, 2017, 10:56:12 AM »
We've played more games. It's why the league winners are announced at the end of the season, and not at the beginning.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1547 on: April 10, 2017, 11:15:33 AM »
John takes it a bit too far but for us to have a run of 22 points out of 27 and still be nowhere near the play offs  does show just how poor a job he'd been doing until this run started.  As I said all along if he makes the top 10 then he'll deserve, purely on results, to go at next season but I can't say I'm happy about it.  The one positive is that I'd been gutted at the lack of streams for games earlier in the season and now I'm just checking the scores once or twice and having the odd read of the match thread whilst I watch something else (generally whatever rugby is on).

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #1548 on: April 10, 2017, 11:16:33 AM »
the only stat that counts is the fact that when Bruce came we were 10 points of a play off place and now we are 11
he's been here 6 months and we are further away from a play off place than when he came
he's taken us backwards. Totally failed fucked up the season which had been a right off for a couple of months and people still think 'he's the Man '

the whole thing is being built on sand,
there is no tactics to speak of no pattern of play, it's grim to watch the good run we have been on whilst still not performing anything like a team which could gain automatic promotion next season has just papered over the cracks

We were also a single point off relegation when Bruce took over.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1549 on: April 10, 2017, 11:20:00 AM »
the only stat that counts is the fact that when Bruce came we were 10 points of a play off place and now we are 11
he's been here 6 months and we are further away from a play off place than when he came
he's taken us backwards. Totally failed fucked up the season which had been a right off for a couple of months and people still think 'he's the Man '

there is no tactics to speak of no pattern of play, it's grim to watch the good run we have been on whilst still not performing anything like a team which could gain automatic promotion next season has just papered over the cracks

HOUSE!!!

Offline peter w

« Reply #1550 on: April 10, 2017, 12:06:33 PM »
Plus Peter we should have Richie DeLaet back.  According to Leicester fans he is good going forward but poor defensively.  Another Amavi? Perhaps, but having bought him and carried him through injury he should be given his chance.

I'd considered him brian. Someone who can just do a job if called upon.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1551 on: April 10, 2017, 12:34:56 PM »

HOUSE!!!

next time I will mention how low we have fallen and how we are sleepwalking into oblivion

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #1552 on: April 10, 2017, 01:20:29 PM »
The results have improved, points on the board prove that, I also appreciate that Bruce states that if it had not been for a lousy January it may be different, not trying to shift blame on to RDM and the horror start to the season, now the play off boat has sailed, I hope, not sure he will, but hope he takes the shackles of a bit and allows some freedom and maybe , just maybe allows us to see if their is any unearthed talent that blooms when unrestricted.
He will be the man I imagine to start us off in August and being a Villa fan I hope he is successful and that his statement that he knows he is at the biggest job he has ever had in management allows him to change his appraoch.
F me alot of ifs and maybes there

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1553 on: April 10, 2017, 01:58:36 PM »
Unless there is a major disagreement between manager and Board or Board and manager about how we go forward, Bruce will be the manager next season.

My concern is that Bruce has a habit of going through sticky spells during the season.  Depending if this happens, the when could have a major impact on our season.  Too early and we could have a repeat of this season.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #1554 on: April 10, 2017, 02:48:50 PM »
Who knows how this will unfold. Bruce has taken some real tinpot clubs and managed them into the top tier. Maybe that's why he resorted to win first entertain later tactics? We obviously have a larger budget than most and the playing squad will develop again in the summer. I hope/expect his intention is to improve our playing style in tandem with our win rate. If his approach remains recalcitrant then it is on to the next grand plan. I'm still extremely grateful to him for halting the slide. He deserves his crack at next season, no question.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1555 on: April 10, 2017, 03:58:31 PM »
We were so dead and buried by last season our climb back was never going to be like the hero of a Mills and Boon novel.  With one bound he was free and cut down his captors type of thing.

For me the three things at the top of Steve Bruce's must do list were 1. Fitness 2. The dressing room 3. Giving away soft goals.

He has addressed those issues and corrected them.  If he had not we really could be looking at League 1 next season.

He is an imperfect manager, we all know that.  He made the transfer window period a pig's ear one way and another.  But he will do a job for us.  I stick by my metaphor that he is Dynorod brought in to sort out the drains not an interior decorator commissioned to get us a double page spread in House and Garden.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1556 on: April 10, 2017, 04:06:46 PM »
When he took over we were averaging 0.9 points per game, we've averaged 1.6 points per game under Bruce. Hard to say he's taken us backwards really.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1557 on: April 10, 2017, 04:08:08 PM »
It's lovely that people are now moaning about style of play rather than another defeat.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1558 on: April 10, 2017, 04:08:28 PM »
I'm not sure about him making a pigs ear of the transfer window. Getting the players in when he did will possibly stand us in good stead going into next season.  We'll hopefully have a settled squad of players who know each other which won't be a bad thing.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1559 on: April 10, 2017, 04:21:13 PM »
John takes it a bit too far but for us to have a run of 22 points out of 27 and still be nowhere near the play offs  does show just how poor a job he'd been doing until this run started.  As I said all along if he makes the top 10 then he'll deserve, purely on results, to go at next season but I can't say I'm happy about it.  The one positive is that I'd been gutted at the lack of streams for games earlier in the season and now I'm just checking the scores once or twice and having the odd read of the match thread whilst I watch something else (generally whatever rugby is on).

I thought you were a season ticket holder or a regular at games to be honest seeing how you've being berating Bruce's style of play since he walked through the door.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal