collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113553 times)

Offline old man villa fan

Re: Bruce out
« Reply #1350 on: March 11, 2017, 01:25:12 PM »
Football has become a season by season results business.  The days of standing still to create stability have gone as your team that you create gets picked off one by one by clubs higher up the tree.

Stability to me has to be steady progression with something that is sustainable.  Probably this is best represented by Southampton where they seem to take losing players in their stride by using that money wisely.  However, I think their choice of managers that have similar styles is the key.  They do not have to clear the decks of previous manager's players when they change.  Also, the players they bring in do not look as though they are just for today.  Southampton look as though they have a plan that has both short term and long term goals.

Stability has to be for all the right reasons, not just because short term hasn't worked for us recently.  This is why I am looking towards the end of next season to try and visualize what a Steve Bruce team will look like and where in the table it will be.  I will form my judgement between now and the end of the season.

As I said at the start, football is a season by season business and this is why I keep saying that a decision has to be made at the end of the season.  We cannot afford to keep throwing money away when we change managers.  We must progress with a sustainable business plan.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1351 on: March 11, 2017, 05:14:09 PM »
Well done Steve.  You've come out fighting.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1352 on: March 11, 2017, 05:22:14 PM »

It can't have been easy either on the back of numerous defeats to then start seeing players dropping like flies. 4 wins out of 5, 4 clean sheets and unlucky at Huddersfield is a very decent return given the circumstances. Making us hard to beat is much of the battle so that's encouraging.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
Re: Bruce in
« Reply #1353 on: March 11, 2017, 05:47:56 PM »

It can't have been easy either on the back of numerous defeats to then start seeing players dropping like flies. 4 wins out of 5, 4 clean sheets and unlucky at Huddersfield is a very decent return given the circumstances. Making us hard to beat is much of the battle so that's encouraging.
Steve will sort us out in the summer and we will be pushing for automatic promotion, I've no doubt about that.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1354 on: March 11, 2017, 07:04:24 PM »
Today was much better from what I've seen, if he can get us playing like that, home and away, then we'll be right in the mix for automatic promotion next year.  If only he hadn't decided to fuck about with 5 at the back and kodjia on the left wing ...

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1355 on: March 11, 2017, 07:07:41 PM »
Never doubted him.

Offline Hairbandinho

« Reply #1356 on: March 11, 2017, 07:31:12 PM »
People genuinely suggesting Wenger would come here.

Insanity. Literal insanity.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #1357 on: March 11, 2017, 08:43:44 PM »
I know, particularly after they got so humiliated against Bayern.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #1358 on: March 11, 2017, 09:06:05 PM »
I'm not sure what i find more amusing. John suggesting Bruce is a worse managerial appointment than McNeil or Jimbo suggesting Wenger as manager.

yet I've always found your very own version of Shaun Spicer/Comical Ali on the site highly amusing

I'm not sure Shaun Spicer wouldnt suggest Bruce being worse than McNeil.

I'm bothered about being the odd one out, I just say what I think
you just say what the majority think at any given time like the little kid in a big gang in the playground
the day you have an original thought which goes against the grain is the day I will take anything you say more seriously

I won't be holding my breath

That's quite an outburst. You said Bruce is the worst managerial appointment in your lifetime and i found it amusing. I don't see the problem to be honest.

and i said i found your slavish pandering to the majority view at all times amusing

i don't see the problem to be honest

I don't see how Clampy is pandering to the majority, he just has a different opinion to you.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1359 on: March 11, 2017, 10:03:07 PM »
Never doubted him.
Same here. Stood firm when others called for........

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #1360 on: March 11, 2017, 11:00:03 PM »
He should keep his job. Must see an improvement next year especially in keeping possession.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1361 on: March 11, 2017, 11:07:05 PM »
He should keep his job. Must see an improvement next year especially in keeping possession.
Or results more importantly?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1362 on: March 11, 2017, 11:15:51 PM »
Or results more importantly?

Both.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1363 on: March 11, 2017, 11:25:39 PM »
Today was much better from what I've seen, if he can get us playing like that, home and away, then we'll be right in the mix for automatic promotion next year.  If only he hadn't decided to fuck about with 5 at the back and kodjia on the left wing ...

That's a problem that comes with changing the manager regularly. Each time a new manager comes in, they've got to spend time working out what works so promotion at the first attempt was always a tough act. We've probably got a lot of what we need for next season and can make minimal but significant changes to the squad in the summer.

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #1364 on: March 11, 2017, 11:33:45 PM »

That's a problem that comes with changing the manager regularly. Each time a new manager comes in, they've got to spend time working out what works so promotion at the first attempt was always a tough act. We've probably got a lot of what we need for next season and can make minimal but significant changes to the squad in the summer.

I think you're missing the point. There are some posters who know of a manager who would have us playing like Barcelona, or better still,Southampton in a couple of months. They haven't mentioned who he/she is but desperately clinging on to this chancer Bruce just because he has an almost peerless record for promotion in this league is lunacy in their eyes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal