collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113983 times)

Offline Jimbo

Re: Bruce out
« Reply #1335 on: March 11, 2017, 11:03:27 AM »
As I said, it would be most unlikely that Wenger would consider Villa, but that wet Tuesday in Brentford might only be for one season, and he might still have a point to prove. Imagine if there is significant money to spend when / if we get back up, then the whole game changes. Stranger things have happened in football.

If Bruce storms up the table in the coming months, he'll have earned a crack at next season. But if we crawl up a few places, and much better managers are available, it might be worth making a switch. But only, and I stress only if a significantly better manager becomes available, one who can revolutionise the club. Wenger would certainly fall into that category.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1336 on: March 11, 2017, 11:32:08 AM »
so because we sacked a load of failing managers in the past we now have to keep one on

I'm all for giving a manager time I just wish we didn't wait for the worst manager appointment of the lot before we decided to back one of them

the reason we are where we are is not because we've changed manager to many times (which ones would you have kept) it's because we keep choosing ones who cant do to the job, keeping the wrong man in charge just means we get the wrong man for a longer time
which I fear is what's going to happen with Bruce

The worst manager of the lot!! what an over reaction.

most people on here would say Mcliesh was the worst of a bad bunch and Bruce is definitely on par with him,
even leaving aside that Mcliesh has been far more successful and has a cabinet full of winners trophies where as Bruce doesnt even need a cabinet
 But imo worse because  as just when we needed someone a bit special in our hour of need we got a below average Mcliesh MK11

without doubt the worst appointment in my lifetime of supporting Villa

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1337 on: March 11, 2017, 11:33:56 AM »
so because we sacked a load of failing managers in the past we now have to keep one on

I'm all for giving a manager time I just wish we didn't wait for the worst manager appointment of the lot before we decided to back one of them

the reason we are where we are is not because we've changed manager to many times (which ones would you have kept) it's because we keep choosing ones who cant do to the job, keeping the wrong man in charge just means we get the wrong man for a longer time

most people on here would say Mcliesh was the worst of a bad bunch and Bruce is definitely on par with him,
even leaving aside that Mcliesh has been far more successful and has a cabinet full of winners trophies where as Bruce doesnt even need a cabinet
 But imo worse because  as just when we needed someone a bit special in our hour of need we got a below average Mcliesh MK11

I 'see' your Bruce and raise you Graham Turner and McNeill.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1338 on: March 11, 2017, 11:38:36 AM »

Not even the worst this decade.

I think you have painted yourself into a corner, John, where in order to defend your position you come out with ever more extreme statements.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1339 on: March 11, 2017, 11:49:40 AM »
I am just off to the game but before I go my fourpennorth of worst manager goes to Eric Black.  The only one sinçe MON who got a free hit yet still managed to do everything he should not have done and nothing he should have done all the time hugging to his pounding bosom his secret Southampton contract.  His predecessors were not scoundrels but he was.  Off to applaud BB when he takes a corner.

Offline john e

« Reply #1340 on: March 11, 2017, 12:01:08 PM »
I am just off to the game but before I go my fourpennorth of worst manager goes to Eric Black.  The only one sinçe MON who got a free hit yet still managed to do everything he should not have done and nothing he should have done all the time hugging to his pounding bosom his secret Southampton contract.  His predecessors were not scoundrels but he was.  Off to applaud BB when he takes a corner.

I agree Black was the worst but in fairness was only a tempery stand in manager

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1341 on: March 11, 2017, 12:09:14 PM »
I stumble on to note that people are wondering if we can appoint Arsene Wenger - while still in the Championship, no less. Tolkien-level fantasy.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1342 on: March 11, 2017, 12:13:12 PM »
I'm not sure what i find more amusing. John suggesting Bruce is a worse managerial appointment than McNeil or Jimbo suggesting Wenger as manager.

Offline john e

« Reply #1343 on: March 11, 2017, 12:24:13 PM »
I'm not sure what i find more amusing. John suggesting Bruce is a worse managerial appointment than McNeil or Jimbo suggesting Wenger as manager.

yet I've always found your very own version of Shaun Spicer/Comical Ali on the site highly amusing

Offline Clampy

« Reply #1344 on: March 11, 2017, 12:26:41 PM »

yet I've always found your very own version of Shaun Spicer/Comical Ali on the site highly amusing

I'm not sure Shaun Spicer wouldnt suggest Bruce being worse than McNeil.

Offline john e

« Reply #1345 on: March 11, 2017, 12:30:22 PM »

I'm bothered about being the odd one out, I just say what I think
you just say what the majority think at any given time like the little kid in a big gang in the playground
the day you have an original thought which goes against the grain is the day I will take anything you say more seriously

I won't be holding my breath

Offline Clampy

« Reply #1346 on: March 11, 2017, 12:37:47 PM »

you just say what the majority think at any given time like the little kid in a big gang in the playground
the day you have an original thought which goes against the grain is the day I will take anything you say more seriously

That's quite an outburst. You said Bruce is the worst managerial appointment in your lifetime and i found it amusing. I don't see the problem to be honest.

Offline john e

« Reply #1347 on: March 11, 2017, 12:44:58 PM »

That's quite an outburst. You said Bruce is the worst managerial appointment in your lifetime and i found it amusing. I don't see the problem to be honest.

and i said i found your slavish pandering to the majority view at all times amusing

i don't see the problem to be honest

Offline Clampy

« Reply #1348 on: March 11, 2017, 12:50:09 PM »
My opinions are my own. Always have been and always will. Shall we leave it at that?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 12:52:16 PM by Clampy »

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #1349 on: March 11, 2017, 01:12:28 PM »
Clampy's opinions are his own and he is easily amused. Who could have a problem with that?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal