collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113606 times)

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #1305 on: March 10, 2017, 05:56:05 PM »
Did you watch the Huddersfield game John? As if you did you'd see the reason they were saying it was the worst they'd played, because they lumped the ball from the back as if there were four under pressure Baker's on. That was down to us pressing them.

We played well, it was a very tight game. On balance whe were the better side.

If you didn't see then I'm not sure how you can comment.

fair point there is only so much you can see on that periscope link
I've always said that the view of someone that actually went to a game is worth more than someone that didn't

however I feel our minds are made up on Bruce, you want to stick with him and I want him gone
I suppose at some time in the future one of us will get our wish

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1306 on: March 10, 2017, 06:04:33 PM »
There are a lot of things to work on between now and the end of the season.  Some of the things less of an issue than others.

The one thing that stands out a mile is our inability to come back from a goal down to win a game.  If we cannot overcome this, I can't see us getting promotion next year.  There are a few issues that need to be addressed that are causing this, some fundamental and some that are related to confidence.  Motivation and organisation can only go so far.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1307 on: March 10, 2017, 06:39:24 PM »
Did you watch the Huddersfield game John? As if you did you'd see the reason they were saying it was the worst they'd played, because they lumped the ball from the back as if there were four under pressure Baker's on. That was down to us pressing them.

I've always said that the view of someone that actually went to a game is worth more than someone that didn't

however I feel our minds are made up on Bruce, you want to stick with him and I want him gone

You both will.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #1308 on: March 10, 2017, 06:40:30 PM »

I'd like to think that there is some potential for the manager to change peoples' minds.

This idea that we need to change manager every few months is absolutely ludicrous. What has this game come to?

Offline manic-road

« Reply #1309 on: March 10, 2017, 06:55:40 PM »

I'd like to think that there is some potential for the manager to change peoples' minds.

This idea that we need to change manager every few months is absolutely ludicrous. What has this game come to?

Depends how fickle some fans are :)

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1310 on: March 10, 2017, 07:23:25 PM »
Some teams do manage to pay entertaining football, but so do we sometimes.

How 'pretty' we are needs to be firmly in the context of how terrible we were last year. Teams manage to play better football when they've been together for a while, get a bit of intuitive understanding of each others play, or as a club have a style that the addition of the odd new player doesn't interrupt. We are some way from that. We aren't going to find that instantly by buying the best players from other clubs, but if you can get good players AND form a team from them - then it starts to happen, but it isn't going to rise magically just because we spent a lot of money and Villa shouldn't be losing to teams like Huddersfield.

This is it for me. Going into next August the majority of our players will have been together for half a season which is going to be a big help.
Someone's going to get hammered when we gel...

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1311 on: March 10, 2017, 08:07:43 PM »
[quote
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 10:20:29 PM by LukeJames »

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1312 on: March 10, 2017, 08:15:30 PM »

I'm panicking, because I just don't think we are 'getting there'

........ when its producing zero positive results this season

We'd won three games in a row without conceding prior to Tuesday's night's unlucky result (and yes, due to 30 seconds of complacency we conceded a goal).

I know it's amazing after all this success and just being a bit unlucky here and there we are still  15th in a league full of dross

Is there much point in making the point when you're so entrenched in your view that you're unwilling to concede that there's be a positive result this season off the back of our longest winning run in 7 years?
we are 15th in the league and he has somehow managed to write off the second half of the season, its unforgivable really and I find nothing (zero) to be positive about for another season of this rubbish

You're right there, he was brought in with the sole aim of promotion, the 'promotion expert' and all that, by February the 2nd half of the season was written off and to many people are ok with this.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1313 on: March 10, 2017, 08:40:37 PM »

I'm not a Bruce fan.
What I observe, though, is that he does seem to have got us fighting for possession and creating chances. Yes, there is an issue about what happens when we concede but - having attended the last two games - we are creating more and I put this down to the MF three.
Credit where it's due.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #1314 on: March 10, 2017, 09:55:44 PM »

I'm not a Bruce fan.
What I observe, though, is that he does seem to have got us fighting for possession and creating chances. Yes, there is an issue about what happens when we concede but - having attended the last two games - we are creating more and I put this down to the MF three.
Credit where it's due.

We have been clueless, spineless, gutless and pathetically inept on a progressive scale for years since Randy wrapped his bangers in. A succession of managers have failed to stop the acceleration towards the ludicrous. Finally, we have a manager who seems to have abated the slide. No, it isn't pretty. No, it isn't even close to the Villa it should be. But the Phoenix does seem to be reappearing. Who knows what stench of failure he's having to address but I'm extremely reticent to stop him now. A lot of fans, imo, ignore pragmatism and demand the moon on a stick yesterday.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1315 on: March 10, 2017, 10:18:51 PM »
Seems to have abated the slide? We have been as shite under Bruce as we have under the previous managers, probably more so as were at a lower level, It must be the fact that he's a likeable chap because he's getting a lot of leeway that the others didn't get.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1316 on: March 10, 2017, 10:27:09 PM »
After 3 wins against mediocre teams Bruce failed the first decent test once again. He needs to win tomorrow to show any real progress.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1317 on: March 10, 2017, 11:59:47 PM »
We've been so shit for so long, I've had the sack-the-manager venom drained out of me. I just don't have the mental energy for yet another fucking manager search.

The problem is the club, we're clearly rotting from inside. Change manager several times, change owner, change players, change division, and we're still stuck in a miserable fucking rut.

The marginal improvement we might get from changing manager is easily outweighed by the grief and cost involved in doing it. We might as well give Mrs Doubtfire a full season in charge. What else would we do? Go out and appoint someone like Dean Smith, mostly because he's a Villa fan, enjoy another 45 minute long new manager bounce then settle back into the same old vat of fucking shit we've been floating in for years now.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1318 on: March 11, 2017, 01:49:50 AM »
We've been so shit for so long, I've had the sack-the-manager venom drained out of me. I just don't have the mental energy for yet another fucking manager search.

The problem is the club, we're clearly rotting from inside. Change manager several times, change owner, change players, change division, and we're still stuck in a miserable fucking rut.

The marginal improvement we might get from changing manager is easily outweighed by the grief and cost involved in doing it. We might as well give Mrs Doubtfire a full season in charge. What else would we do? Go out and appoint someone like Dean Smith, mostly because he's a Villa fan, enjoy another 45 minute long new manager bounce then settle back into the same old vat of fucking shit we've been floating in for years now.

u ok hun? xxx

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1319 on: March 11, 2017, 02:17:18 AM »

The timing has to be right though.  It has to be when the majority think we need to change.  There is still time to assess the situation.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal