collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113975 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #1215 on: March 08, 2017, 01:42:53 PM »
Why do people feel the need to let us know they want to be 'banned', why don't they just stop posting?

I'm not going to be posting for a while, going to do some 'work' so bollocks to you all, especially Clampy.

Offline maigrait

• GM : 12.07.2019
« Reply #1216 on: March 08, 2017, 01:48:04 PM »
There has been an improvement even over the short weeks since the window closed and the new players are in. They are gradually finding their feet... If he can get the mentality right we could be okay next season.

Its not just us anyway, my leeds supporting mate texted me giving out - he knew they would capitulate in injury time.... They've had pain for a lot longer than we have...

Offline cdward

« Reply #1217 on: March 08, 2017, 02:05:40 PM »

Second half it sounded as though we never got going and once they scored, we never looked likely to get back into the game.

The problem we have is that we cannot step up our game and it's something that Bruce has to address.  Confidence drops when we go behind, most likely due to the players not thinking we have goals in the team to get back into it.  If you score regularly, players believe they can get a goal back and the intensity doesn't drop.  Does Bruce have it in him to modify his approach to the game to overcome this.

Ironic that it was Steve Bruce that scored not one but two late goals against Sheff' Wed, coming from behind to level then win the game, in the "Fergie Time" game from 1993,

Offline robbyfvillain

• GM : 18.04.2021
« Reply #1218 on: March 08, 2017, 02:59:37 PM »
Why do people feel the need to let us know they want to be 'banned', why don't they just stop posting?

I'm not going to be posting for a while, going to do some 'work' so bollocks to you all, especially Clampy.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1219 on: March 08, 2017, 03:03:17 PM »
Steve came up with a perfectly good game plan to stifle Huddersfield on Tuesday.  He cannot legislate for the total switch off at a corner.  One thing to fall for the old pass it to the bloke on the 18 yard line trick, quite another to then just watch and admire him waltz through en masse and get an unchallenged cross shot away which of course our flappy handed 12 year old (to quote someone on here) would fail to get anywhere near.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:17:06 PM by kippaxvilla2 »

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1220 on: March 08, 2017, 03:26:34 PM »

It's the online equivalent of threatening to take your ball home, but doesn't really work because everyone else can still carry on posting.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1221 on: March 08, 2017, 03:27:11 PM »
The board will need to be 100% sure that Bruce can get us promoted next season. And while no manager truly ever guarantees that Bruce right now will be looking very nervously at his phone thinking a call or text may come, knowing full well that what he has delivered so far is a million miles from acceptable.

No he won't.

Online Drummond

« Reply #1222 on: March 08, 2017, 03:30:24 PM »
Ah, saying a win 'doesn't count' for whatever reason. That's a good one. I'd missed that one (I suppose because we haven't had that many wins to ignore in the last few years).

I'm surprised we were awarded the 3 points bearing in mind it was only Rotherham.

I'm surprised we didn't get awarded a point or two from last nights game considering how well we played

I'm surprised you're surprised

I'm surprised that you're surprised that he's surprised.

I'm not surprised.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1223 on: March 08, 2017, 03:32:27 PM »
I'm surprised that you're not surprised that he's surprised that he was surprised that he was surprised.

I think.

Online Drummond

« Reply #1224 on: March 08, 2017, 03:34:43 PM »
I'm surprised that you're not surprised that he's surprised that he was surprised that he was surprised.

I think.

That's surprising.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1225 on: March 08, 2017, 03:51:05 PM »

I think.

Any chance you could get the hump over some imagined slight and not post for a while? Half an hour should do!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1226 on: March 08, 2017, 04:07:28 PM »
34 mins since that post, so I can post again!

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1227 on: March 08, 2017, 04:17:14 PM »
34 mins since that post, so I can post again!

I think you're just taking fakkin liberties now.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #1228 on: March 08, 2017, 04:25:17 PM »
Steve came up with a perfectly good game plan to stifle Huddersfield on Tuesday.  He cannot legislate for the total switch off at a corner.  One thing to fall for the old pass it to the bloke on the 18 yard line trick, quite another to then just watch and admire him waltz through en masse and get an unchallenged cross shot away which of course our flappy handed 12 year old (to quote someone on here) would fail to get anywhere near.
The problem lies in your first sentence. We've spent more money this season than Huddersfield probably have in their history and his game plan is to stifle them. Yes they're doing well this season but come on, we've signed some of the best players in the Championship so stop setting us up 'not to lose' in away games. Set up not to lose and then go 1-0 down and you're buggered as we've seen all season. Have a bloody go! We've got nothing to lose and nothing to play for so let's see some decent football and exciting games. The amount of goals we've scored considering our spend is pathetic.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #1229 on: March 08, 2017, 04:27:56 PM »

I think.

That's surprising.

And thats surprisewang

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal