collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113703 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #1185 on: March 07, 2017, 11:37:31 PM »
Played well tonight and lost. Typical Villa.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1186 on: March 08, 2017, 07:11:35 AM »
Bruce isn't going to be a lucky General for us

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #1187 on: March 08, 2017, 09:03:29 AM »
Have our expectations and our opinion of playing well been lowered? The majority of Huddersfield fans I've seen on Twitter are saying we're the worst team they've played at home this season, our football was dire, we're negative, we play hoofball etc. Then some of our fans and Bruce saying we played well. I think by our standards these days we probably did, the problem is our standards are now lower than the likes of Huddersfield.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1188 on: March 08, 2017, 09:17:47 AM »
Have our expectations and our opinion of playing well been lowered? The majority of Huddersfield fans I've seen on Twitter are saying we're the worst team they've played at home this season, our football was dire, we're negative, we play hoofball etc. Then some of our fans and Bruce saying we played well. I think by our standards these days we probably did, the problem is our standards are now lower than the likes of Huddersfield.

You seem to spend a lot of time worrying about what other teams fans think. I wasn't there but from what I've heard, we did play well, in the first half anyway. How do you think we played?

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #1189 on: March 08, 2017, 09:33:19 AM »

You seem to spend a lot of time worrying about what other teams fans think. I wasn't there but from what I've heard, we did play well, in the first half anyway. How do you think we played?
My point was they've seen a lot of teams at home and some think we were the worst, yet some of our fans are saying it's the best we've played for a while. One of them put 'If that's the best Villa have played away from home I feel sorry for their fans'.

I thought we were ok first half, crap second half. I just never feel like we're going to score, Rotherham doesn't count as everyone beats them. Our football is negative and we have no plan B, which shows in the fact that when we've conceded the first goal away from home this season we haven't even scored a goal. Why sign some of the best players in the Championship, especially in midfield, and then hoof the ball over their heads? We look at our best when we up the tempo and pass the ball through midfield, but come the next game Bruce reverts to type. He's never going to be a manager who throws the shackles off and let's our players express themselves. He plays to keep it tight and hopefully nick a goal which soon wears thin when you continue to lose to nil away from home.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #1190 on: March 08, 2017, 09:34:05 AM »
BBC 5live (had it on in the car) had us down as by far the better team in a good game of football first half. I seem to remember Huddersfield were pretty rubbish at Villa Park where we were very unlucky.

Story of much of the season, play well don't take chances and let in silly goal.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1191 on: March 08, 2017, 09:34:13 AM »

This is where we are as a club though. 7 years of sabotage has put us at our lowest point for more than 40 years, surely you saw that coming? I mean it's not like it's just been dropped onto us overnight. It's not gonna be pretty, but the Championship never is. This season is a write off, let's just concentrate on getting through it and hopefully have a pre-season where we can actually build a team spirit into the squad. Huddersfield and co are simply better than us right now and that's just the reality of what's been done to the club, sadly.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1192 on: March 08, 2017, 09:36:23 AM »
Ah, saying a win 'doesn't count' for whatever reason. That's a good one. I'd missed that one (I suppose because we haven't had that many wins to ignore in the last few years).

Online Clampy

« Reply #1193 on: March 08, 2017, 09:44:32 AM »

My point was they've seen a lot of teams at home and some think we were the worst, yet some of our fans are saying it's the best we've played for a while. One of them put 'If that's the best Villa have played away from home I feel sorry for their fans'.

I thought we were ok first half, crap second half. I just never feel like we're going to score, Rotherham doesn't count as everyone beats them.

So you have two differing fans opinions but you seem to be more concerned with what the Huddersfield fans think even to the point of quoting them off twitter but you seem to dismiss what Villa fans who were also there are saying? I don't quite get that.

As for Rotherham not counting, of course it does. We can only beat what's put in front of us.

Online Clampy

« Reply #1194 on: March 08, 2017, 09:52:34 AM »
Ah, saying a win 'doesn't count' for whatever reason. That's a good one. I'd missed that one (I suppose because we haven't had that many wins to ignore in the last few years).

I'm surprised we were awarded the 3 points bearing in mind it was only Rotherham.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1195 on: March 08, 2017, 10:17:14 AM »

I'm surprised we were awarded the 3 points bearing in mind it was only Rotherham.

I'm surprised we didn't get awarded a point or two from last nights game considering how well we played

Online Clampy

« Reply #1196 on: March 08, 2017, 10:18:58 AM »

I'm surprised we didn't get awarded a point or two from last nights game considering how well we played

How would that work considering we lost? Not one of your best arguments John.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #1197 on: March 08, 2017, 10:21:15 AM »

How would that work considering we lost? Not one of your best arguments John.

Maybe we could add a silver star to our badge for effort

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1198 on: March 08, 2017, 11:15:14 AM »

I wouldn't pay attention to Twitter and people who clearly haven't watched the game.

I was there. We played well and we're the better side. Their manager was blaming the pitch. That's based on what I saw, not some nonsense about lowered expectations.

Offline maigrait

• GM : 12.07.2019
« Reply #1199 on: March 08, 2017, 12:06:24 PM »

I'm surprised you're surprised

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal