collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113614 times)

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #825 on: February 26, 2017, 08:53:25 AM »
Really not convinced by SB, a welcome win notwithstanding.
Yesterday, Derby were pretty awful even though they looked more of a team than we did.
Once again, I have concerns over Bruce's game management, and I just don't get that a coaching team of Bruce and Calderwood cannot organise the GK and defence better than this team currently is. Bizarre.
I wouldn't be averse to him going before the summer (although maybe we just need to get better coaching staff into the club. Nah, that probably isn't going to work). It depends who replaces him: someone with strong coaching credentials, like Warburton, might do it.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #826 on: February 26, 2017, 09:54:33 AM »
those of us that don't want Bruce are accused of waiting till we lose then are all over the site having a pop
well we won yesterday and I'm more convinced than ever this fella will drive us into the ground
soon we will be playing to a lot smaller crowds, we have the most loyal fans in the country but you still need hope and Bruce will kill that,
we won't be turning out in numbers to see the rubbish that this fella manages to put out week after week

a year from now we will be wishing we got rid after this bad run,
as it is he's apparently safe even if he takes us down which makes the current administration even worse than the last,
we're on the road to nowhere at the moment

Bruce is our very own Jeremy Corbyn he has his loyal followers but he is leading us into oblivion

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:03:18 AM by john e »

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #827 on: February 26, 2017, 10:29:37 AM »
Yes look at the players we have. All pretty much signed in the past year.

Look at the teams doing well, mostly with teams that have been together a while with one or two new faces. (regardless of how good those players are).

It shows that a team ethic, a plan and a system is what's necessary.

So, given all the new players we have, shouldn't we allow the manager time to get them playing together? Do you really expect us to play well as a team with so many new members?

Online German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #828 on: February 26, 2017, 10:35:11 AM »
So, given all the new players we have, shouldn't we allow the manager time to get them playing together? Do you really expect us to play well as a team with so many new members?
By the end of February? Yes, I'm afraid I do!

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #829 on: February 26, 2017, 11:02:38 AM »
I must admit I didn't expect to see Leeds Reading and Huddersfield to be in with a shout of promotion and between them, there has been a fair amount of player turnover. Monk deserves respect for getting Leeds resembling a competitive side.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #830 on: February 26, 2017, 11:24:01 AM »
By the end of February? Yes, I'm afraid I do!

With a new manager and coaches? With his new signings in the mix? By the end of February?

We need to give him the rest if the season to work on systems, players, etc and build a strong foundation for next season.

We've been going down the shitter for years so let's give someone a chance.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #831 on: February 26, 2017, 11:38:41 AM »
Wyness was illuminating, to a point, with just how rotten every facet of the club was due to half a decade of neglect.

We started the season from arguably the lowest ebb in our history following a death by a thousand cuts. We're a huge tanker ship of a club, turning us round unfortunately takes more ocean space than the likes of Huddersfield, where there is next to no expectation.

Bruce deserves that time and opportunity.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #832 on: February 26, 2017, 11:46:30 AM »
those of us that don't want Bruce are accused of waiting till we lose then are all over the site having a pop
well we won yesterday and I'm more convinced than ever this fella will drive us into the ground
soon we will be playing to a lot smaller crowds, we have the most loyal fans in the country but you still need hope and Bruce will kill that,
we won't be turning out in numbers to see the rubbish that this fella manages to put out week after week

as it is he's apparently safe even if he takes us down which makes the current administration even worse than the last,

Bruce is our very own Jeremy Corbyn he has his loyal followers but he is leading us into oblivion

I like Corby as well as Bruce! Probably a good job we don't have a pint together in the pub John! 😉

Online john e

« Reply #833 on: February 26, 2017, 12:10:21 PM »

I like Corby as well as Bruce! Probably a good job we don't have a pint together in the pub John! 😉

haha, I'm sure we'd get on fine,

Online john e

« Reply #834 on: February 26, 2017, 12:14:12 PM »
btw I think they are both fine enough guys,
Unfortunately they are both taking the two things I care about into the worse state they have ever been in the last 40 years

Offline KRS

« Reply #835 on: February 26, 2017, 12:21:18 PM »
Wyness was illuminating, to a point, with just how rotten every facet of the club was due to half a decade of neglect.
Yeah it was quite depressing listening to how badly the club has been run over the last 5 years under Lerner. I'm still at a loss as to how these things affect the current team and results, other than he suggested that one of his priorities is sorting out the mess at BMH. 

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #836 on: February 26, 2017, 12:34:20 PM »

We started the season from arguably the lowest ebb in our history following a death by a thousand cuts. We're a huge tanker ship of a club, turning us round unfortunately takes more ocean space than the likes of Huddersfield, where there is next to no expectation.

Why does he?  Why were you calling for rdm out after 10 games but now Bruce gets infinite patience? Try to answer without talking about his promotions whilst ignoring his relegations.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #837 on: February 26, 2017, 12:34:44 PM »

haha, I'm sure we'd get on fine,
Yes, I'm sure we would...as long as we steered well clear of football and politics!
Actually I'm quite glad there are not too many of us Villa fans in my town, the pub would be a very glum place, and as I don't get out much anymore I'd want it to be fun when I did.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #838 on: February 26, 2017, 12:35:50 PM »

Why does he?  Why were you calling for rdm out after 10 games but now Bruce gets infinite patience? Try to answer without talking about his promotions whilst ignoring his relegations.

Ha that reminds me of some Part 35 questions that get routinely sent! Ignore the context, despite it being critical.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #839 on: February 26, 2017, 12:40:32 PM »
The win has bought him the rest of this season.
Unless he can get this team playing in a way that suggests he can get promotion next season then he should be gone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal