collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113499 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #795 on: February 25, 2017, 07:24:31 PM »
I reckon all you Bruce out lot look really, really silly tonight.

You'd have to look up to the average Small Heath Alliance fan in the intelligence stakes to hold such a daft view point after one solitary win.

I've actually gone the other way after today, I'd have given him the season come what may before the game but now we are pretty safe I wouldn't be averse to replacing him as I don't think he can getting us scoring the goals to compete.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #796 on: February 25, 2017, 07:39:32 PM »
He'll get the start of next season I'm sure, probably similar timeframe to RDM.

If we're off the pace by October we make another change.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #797 on: February 25, 2017, 07:40:05 PM »
I reckon all you Bruce out lot look really, really silly tonight.
This post is the equivilant of when Gabby finally scored against Norwich last season and shushed the crowd...

How long have you been waiting to use that one?

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #798 on: February 25, 2017, 07:47:09 PM »
He's finally won a game in 2017. All hail King Bruce. Ok joking apart win Tuesday's game and we will (I hope) be ok. But I really want SB to get a grip and stop the negative football, if he can and I would love to see positive signs for next season

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #799 on: February 25, 2017, 08:05:20 PM »

That's my fear. When will be learn?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #800 on: February 25, 2017, 08:24:49 PM »

That's my fear. When will be learn?

Well I'd rather do that then change the manager during the summer and then said new manager has an RDM type start. Would rather have one less managerial change if it comes to it.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #801 on: February 25, 2017, 08:28:47 PM »
But I really want SB to get a grip and stop the negative football

This is the bit for me. I never thought I'd see the day a Villa team, at Villa Park, would tactically substitute our only striker and look to play out the game with no attackers. Pathetic Bruce.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #802 on: February 25, 2017, 08:38:11 PM »
But I really want SB to get a grip and stop the negative football

This is the bit for me. I never thought I'd see the day a Villa team, at Villa Park, would tactically substitute our only striker and look to play out the game with no attackers. Pathetic Bruce.

Or given the amount of points we've chucked away through late goals, well done Bruce.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #803 on: February 25, 2017, 08:39:15 PM »
Yep, that's the negativity that puts me off.  You can get away with the plucky wins if you're managing wigan, hull or the noses but at a club with bigger expectations you need to be able to offer something more.  I honestly don't see much difference between Bruce and McLeish.

Moving on 2 more wins from the next 3-4 should be enough to earn him the rest of the season.  After that there's needs to be a clear sign that he's not the manager I think or next season will be another one wasted in this league and the gap to get back will just keep getting wider.  He says, and lots on here seem to believe him, that he knows how to get out of this league, what I want to know is why every team that looks in with a chance of going up plays a totally different style to us, I really don't believe that what we're doing is some masterful tactic that only a couple of managers can pull off and everyone else needs to resort to keeping the ball and creating chances from open play.

Online Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #804 on: February 25, 2017, 08:45:03 PM »

[Or] given the amount of points we've chucked away through late goals, well done Bruce.

Exactly.
This is where we are.

Now, kick on, as it were.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #805 on: February 25, 2017, 08:47:09 PM »
He'll be gone by October next season. The fans won't put up with this negative shit every game, he makes McLeish seem like Keegan. Not saying we should be swashbuckling but he's signed some of the best players in this league and we're trying to see out scrappy victories by defending with ten men. He'll never get us playing with any kind of style and he won't throw the shackles off. We go 1-0 up and that's it, we hope to see it out.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #806 on: February 25, 2017, 08:47:15 PM »
I don't believe there will be any sign of " baby out with the bathwater " from our Chinese owners. But I do think they will want more assurances from what is seen on the pitch before extending SB's deal beyond the season's end. Round, Wyness and Little will have to do some convincing if he is to continue. ( IF they want him to, that is. ! )

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #807 on: February 25, 2017, 08:47:43 PM »
I have no problem with giving Steve Bruce time as long as we look as if we are progressing.  Not 100% with results but with the way we shape and look.

At the moment it is in the laps of the gods as to whether we can get anything  out of the game.  We got lucky today make no mistake about that.  A decent team would have given us a hiding.  How deep can you possibly defend  and at home as well. 

I will allow the credence of the need for 3 points but no one can actually and truthfully say they enjoyed the 90 minutes.  I am not sure Steve Bruce and his team know how to set a team up.  They played off pat today reacting to Derby's  play rather than looking to force any sort of play themselves - that is worrying.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #808 on: February 25, 2017, 08:52:59 PM »
Get safe and get rid.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #809 on: February 25, 2017, 08:54:05 PM »
"Tactical nouse " (or lack of it)  certainly seems to be a growing theme on here, guys. Any of you with footy managerial experience see any way around it that doesn't involve sacking SB ?
Personally I believe that at this level and above it is a truly collective effort thing. Just look at how Leicester got away from relegation and then did what they did.
I think it needs a bigger, better coaching effort across the whole spectrum to improve the " style " of play as well as the intensity, drive, and performance levels.
They should be skilled players sure enough, but there is definitely something lacking that they all used to benefit from at their previous clubs....and they are not getting it at BMH.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal