collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113988 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #570 on: February 20, 2017, 10:58:35 PM »
Its a bit like Brexit. Don't get the result you want first time have another vote.

Totally agree. The 1975 result should have been binding.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #571 on: February 20, 2017, 10:59:24 PM »
I'll donate £100 to this site if Bruce is sacked this season. Absolutely will not happen

No getting out of it now!
Lose the next 2 home games and he'll be gone

No chance

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #572 on: February 20, 2017, 11:00:25 PM »
Right now the way things are going I can't see him lasting until the end of the season. The idea of bringing in somebody new between now and May scares the shit out of me, almost as much as another season with Bruce in charge. We need to get over the line and regroup in the summer.

Like you, Monty, I'm shocked at just how poor Bruce is turning out.
Where are the ugly wins?
Where is the hard working team?
Why is he standing there on the touchline with his arms folded?
What the hell is going on inside his head when it comes to team selections?
How the hell does he think we're going to score?
What on earth do they do at Bodymoor Heath?

I could go on..It's a strange one.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #573 on: February 20, 2017, 11:03:04 PM »
If we lost the next 3 (Derby h, Bristol C h and Rotherham a) then I think his position would be untenable.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #574 on: February 20, 2017, 11:03:28 PM »
People were prepared to put up with his shit football if we were winning. we're not. He'll be gone if it doesn't turn round now. 6 points off relegation - that's the bottom line

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #575 on: February 20, 2017, 11:04:46 PM »
We've got to stick with him, we've sacked managers left right and centre and it's just made us worse. Whoever comes in just gets mentally destroyed within about five games of being in charge of us. Ride it out.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #576 on: February 20, 2017, 11:09:01 PM »
Right now the way things are going I can't see him lasting until the end of the season. The idea of bringing in somebody new between now and May scares the shit out of me, almost as much as another season with Bruce in charge. We need to get over the line and regroup in the summer.

Like you, Monty, I'm shocked at just how poor Bruce is turning out.
Where are the ugly wins?
Where is the hard working team?
Why is he standing there on the touchline with his arms folded?
What the hell is going on inside his head when it comes to team selections?
How the hell does he think we're going to score?
What on earth do they do at Bodymoor Heath?

I could go on..It's a strange one.

The bit I find annoying is that if you switch that team around a little, put Hourihan and BB left and right of Jedi and working up and down then push Lansbury 20 yards up the pitch and pull Kodjia central with Hogan it's not far off being a good team so long as they all know what they're doing.  You'd create enough chances to beat most teams at this level and if you could get the defence organised with Bree and Amavi at fullbacks where 1 can go and the other holds and you're starting to look like a side that can challenge at the right end of the table.

I honestly believe that I could pick 2-3 people from this forum and between us we'd do a better job than the fucking clowns in the dugout.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #577 on: February 20, 2017, 11:17:35 PM »
We've got to stick with him, we've sacked managers left right and centre and it's just made us worse. Whoever comes in just gets mentally destroyed within about five games of being in charge of us. Ride it out.

Agreed. My instinct is that any club that turns over 19 players in a season is asking for trouble. If we truly have football people working at the club somewhere along the line it should have been pointed out you cannot seamlessly do something like that over such a short time frame.

It's as if after all the idiocy of the last five years we decided that a new form of self distruct was called for in the Championship.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #578 on: February 20, 2017, 11:26:12 PM »

Agreed. My instinct is that any club that turns over 19 players in a season is asking for trouble. If we truly have football people working at the club somewhere along the line it should have been pointed out you cannot seamlessly do something like that over such a short time frame.

It's as if after all the idiocy of the last five years we decided that a new form of self distruct was called for in the Championship.

Agreed

Definition of madness - doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same results. Can't keep sacking people. Got to stick with this, get behind the team and see it out

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #579 on: February 20, 2017, 11:27:54 PM »

Ordinarily, I would agree with this, but we had to replace an entire side which was absolute rubbish, so I would have expected change on such a scale post-relegation. And it's not like we promoted our youth team because we had no cash. We went out and bought the players in the Championship people were raving about, and made them do completely different things. We're self destructing because Bruce can't offer these players an alternative to losing.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #580 on: February 20, 2017, 11:32:25 PM »
Equally, definition of madness - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Keep letting the bloke that can't win a game pick the team each game.

If there was anything positive on the pitch i'd be all for sticking with him. There isn't, in a shit division we look a disjointed mess that can't score, can't keep a clean sheet and look incapable of winning a game.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 11:35:04 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #581 on: February 20, 2017, 11:35:01 PM »
Its a bit like Brexit. Don't get the result you want first time have another vote.

Totally agree. The 1975 result should have been binding.

I suppose you now that the whole of the left was opposed to entry, don't you?

Save

Offline myf

« Reply #582 on: February 20, 2017, 11:48:48 PM »

Agreed

Definition of madness - doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same results. Can't keep sacking people. Got to stick with this, get behind the team and see it out

There must come a point though when its simply too much of a risk to face relegation? If we were mid table with little chance of playoffs that would be a failure but I'd agree we need stability. if we're 3 points of the drop on the evening of 04 March it will be obvious that he's incapable of reversing the slide.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #583 on: February 20, 2017, 11:51:42 PM »

Agreed

There must come a point though when its simply too much of a risk to face relegation? If we were mid table with little chance of playoffs that would be a failure but I'd agree we need stability. if we're 3 points of the drop on the evening of 04 March it will be obvious that he's incapable of reversing the slide.

yep there's crapper teams around us, but as far as fight and togetherness goes, we're deffo in the relegation zone

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #584 on: February 20, 2017, 11:54:03 PM »
Equally, definition of madness - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Keep letting the bloke that can't win a game pick the team each game.

If there was anything positive on the pitch i'd be all for sticking with him. There isn't, in a shit division we look a disjointed mess that can't score, can't keep a clean sheet and look incapable of winning a game.

Spot on really. His tactics aren't going to change. He got lucky with a few results early on and now he's in panic mode, switching formations every game in desperate hope that we get a win from one of them.
I switched off after twenty minutes..he played a centre forward wide left and a midfielder wide right. This when we have Amavi, Adomah, Green and Bacuna that all could provide natural width is just really poor management. Hourihane and Lansbury look completely lost and Hogan isolated...for a squad with this much talent, it's really really poor. And it's getting worse, not better. This after playing 532 and deploying 2 full backs as the wide men pretty much sums up his "no lose" tactics..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal