collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113699 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #435 on: February 16, 2017, 07:20:40 PM »
I'd prefer a manager admit he hasn't been good enough rather than mumble "we were excellent". Key thing though is if he is aware how he hasn't been good enough and how to fix it.

Online KRS

« Reply #436 on: February 16, 2017, 07:21:04 PM »
Fair enough. So what are your interpretations of Bruce saying he hasn't been good enough? It's a pretty vague statement that is open to interpretation, so I'd like to question and know what he admittedly hasn't been good enough at and how he could have been better at doing whatever it is that he hasn't been good enough at doing.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #437 on: February 16, 2017, 07:24:14 PM »
Quite probably because of our result this year. He knows the buck stops with him and it's up to him to turn it around.

I'm still convinced he will. If we would have taken our chances we might have built a momentum to build on.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #438 on: February 16, 2017, 07:30:53 PM »
Maybe he regrets one or two decisions that he's made. What, I don't know, only he can answer that. However, to suggest that he's showed the same contempt for the club as Gabby and McCormack have is laughable really.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #439 on: February 16, 2017, 07:41:28 PM »
However, to suggest that he's showed the same contempt for the club as Gabby and McCormack have is laughable really.

Indeed.

Offline chippy

« Reply #440 on: February 16, 2017, 07:42:46 PM »
He's not been given anywhere near enough time nor had a Pre-season to ease himself in.
I think you should only sack a manager if there's a better replacement, not as a punishment! I do agree that we've hit one of the worst form I've ever seen.  I think he should at least be given 3 more games because we are still further than relegation than when he took the job. Our next game looks a total write off.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:45:22 PM by chippy »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #441 on: February 16, 2017, 07:43:48 PM »
Only 25% have voted to sack him now.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #442 on: February 16, 2017, 07:52:01 PM »
Only 25% have voted to sack him now.

Do we call this a vote for Brexit2 or Brout ?

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #443 on: February 16, 2017, 07:56:59 PM »
Fair enough. So what are your interpretations of Bruce saying he hasn't been good enough? It's a pretty vague statement that is open to interpretation, so I'd like to question and know what he admittedly hasn't been good enough at and how he could have been better at doing whatever it is that he hasn't been good enough at doing.

The people are against him are going to take issue whatever he says. The only way he can turn it round is through improved results and that applies to how he has perceived by everyone from Dr Tony down.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #444 on: February 16, 2017, 08:02:26 PM »
When you have problems the first thing in addressing them is to acknowledge them.
Bruce has done that and too many mangers don't.

Offline claret+blue ed

« Reply #445 on: February 16, 2017, 08:09:25 PM »
Disappointing as the results are at the moment, we really do need to all stick together as a club, back the owner, the manager and all the players or we really will be stuck where we are or maybe worse

If we keep changing manager, it will be a continuous cycle of changing players, not giving them time to settle, calling for changes and the cycle then begins again

Bruce has admitted he has got some things wrong over the past few weeks, I'm sure he will learn from it and move us forward

We need to be hitting good form by the end of the season ready for next year, that has to now be the goal

UTV

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #446 on: February 16, 2017, 08:20:07 PM »
Disappointing as the results are at the moment, we really do need to all stick together as a club, back the owner, the manager and all the players or we really will be stuck where we are or maybe worse

If we keep changing manager, it will be a continuous cycle of changing players, not giving them time to settle, calling for changes and the cycle then begins again

Bruce has admitted he has got some things wrong over the past few weeks, I'm sure he will learn from it and move us forward

We need to be hitting good form by the end of the season ready for next year, that has to now be the goal

UTV

Fair play to you for your positivity Ed, but how sure are you that he'll turn things round and move us forward? BTW I'd be absolutely delighted if he does get things sorted, but I'm really starting to think he's now in a hole that could totally consume him if he doesn't start picking up points very quickly. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, mind.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #447 on: February 16, 2017, 08:46:19 PM »

UTV

I still think that he is cunning enough to realise a great deal about the supporters of Aston Villa - having lived in the area for so long, etc, etc - and he always praises "the great club support " angle. He also knows of our recent poor managers and their downfall(s), so he is owning up to not being good enough/not working hard enough, to keep fans on his side.

Moving on from that place, he needs to make coaching changes......publicly and soon.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #448 on: February 16, 2017, 09:44:31 PM »
my definition and understanding of someone saying that they haven't been good enough is of someone admitting that they have rested on their laurels, taking things for granted and not putting enough effort in..

So extending this theory, how do you explain Hourihane and Kodjia who, it has been suggested, are failing because they are trying too hard ?

Online KRS

« Reply #449 on: February 16, 2017, 09:57:27 PM »
Well for a start, a players individual performance on the pitch and a managers performance off the pitch are 2 completely different jobs so comparing them is like chalk and cheese.

In any case, I've never said Hourihane and Kodjia aren't doing well because they are trying too hard...that is someone else's opinion not mine. With regards to those two, I would say Hourihane is still settling into the team and not being played in his strongest position and I'd like to thing that we will see more from him over the coming weeks as he is undoubtedly a talented player; and it's been suggested that Kodjia doesn't appear to be much of a team player so to get the best out of him, he also needs to be played correctly and hopefully develop a good partnership with Hogan.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal