collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113015 times)

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #420 on: February 16, 2017, 05:32:06 PM »
Merson as manager and Collywobble as director of football? I wouldn't even breath it. Our glorious leader is probably asking how much will it cost right now.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #421 on: February 16, 2017, 05:37:24 PM »
Merson as manager and Collywobble as director of football? I wouldn't even breath it. Our glorious leader is probably asking how much will it cost right now.

No, I don't think he will be.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #422 on: February 16, 2017, 05:55:10 PM »
More commentary here

Offline The Edge

« Reply #423 on: February 16, 2017, 06:02:09 PM »
"Our glorious leader" lol

Offline KRS

« Reply #424 on: February 16, 2017, 06:10:50 PM »
So Bruce publicly admits in his press conference today that he hasn't been good enough over the last 6 weeks...what kind of bullshit is this when the man who has the responsibility of managing the team has basically admitted that he isn't working hard enough and doing his job properly? It sounds like he's sat back and taken his eye off the ball whilst delegating responsibilities to others expecting results to just come rolling in without putting a shift in himself. This shows as much contempt for the club as players like Gabby and RMC, but its even worse because he is supposed to be the manager responsible for "managing" these players...how can he expect his players to work hard for him if he's not doing his job properly or been good enough himself?

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #425 on: February 16, 2017, 06:16:03 PM »
So Bruce publicly admits in his press conference today that he hasn't been good enough over the last 6 weeks...what kind of bullshit is this when the man who has the responsibility of managing the team has basically admitted that he isn't working hard enough and doing his job properly? It sounds like he's sat back and taken his eye off the ball whilst delegating responsibilities to others expecting results to just come rolling in without putting a shift in himself. This shows as much contempt for the club as players like Gabby and RMC, but its even worse because he is supposed to be the manager responsible for "managing" these players...how can he expect his players to work hard for him if he's not doing his job properly or been good enough himself?

That is nonsense, it is called taking responsibility rather than trying to shift the blame like some of his predecessors have.

Online Clampy

« Reply #426 on: February 16, 2017, 06:19:39 PM »

That is nonsense, it is called taking responsibility rather than trying to shift the blame like some of his predecessors have.

Quite agree, utter drivel.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #427 on: February 16, 2017, 06:21:06 PM »

he himself saying he's not been good enough is hardly admitting your not working hard enough,
I don't think working hard enough is anything to do with it

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #428 on: February 16, 2017, 06:21:19 PM »
So he hasn't resigned then?

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #429 on: February 16, 2017, 06:44:53 PM »

Me too, fair play to Bruce, as honest as ever.
Twisting words to your own point of view to say not working hard enough is not really fair is it?

Online wince

« Reply #430 on: February 16, 2017, 06:51:50 PM »
So not being good enough equals being workshy? To me, I suspect he thought that the quality in the squad would see us through and now it hasn't he realised he has work to do. However, ot hardly smacks of a cannot be arsed attitude. What I di say is that its easy to say 'im not good enough' to satisfy whoever. Its harder to turn it around and do something about it

Offline KRS

« Reply #431 on: February 16, 2017, 06:57:58 PM »

Me too, fair play to Bruce, as honest as ever.
Twisting words to your own point of view to say not working hard enough is not really fair is it?
Its not "nonsense", "utter drivel" and I'm not twisting words to my point of view...its how I interpret what I have just seen him say publicly on SSN. If my interpretation of what he has said is incorrect then so be it, but it's neither of the things you say if your opinions are different and I could easily say you're talking shit too.

edit: my definition and understanding of someone saying that they haven't been good enough is of someone admitting that they have rested on their laurels, taking things for granted and not putting enough effort in...if that isn't what he meant then I apologise to SB for misunderstanding. He's had his critics on here for looking out of his depth particularly when it comes to tactics, formations and substitutions, so it's not inconceivable that my interpretation isn't so wide off the mark if he's not been good enough or doing his job properly.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:04:50 PM by KRS »

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #432 on: February 16, 2017, 07:12:59 PM »
What about you implying he hasn't worked hard enough? I never heard him admit or say that?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #433 on: February 16, 2017, 07:15:16 PM »
I have to disagree with you as well. I don't think Bruce is entirely to blame; if you have 44 shots at goal over two games with £30 million worth of strikers then it's not all down to the manager.

That said, there's no correlation between effort and quality. You can work as hard as you like and still get it wrong.

I think you're well wide of the mark.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #434 on: February 16, 2017, 07:18:26 PM »
Spot on there's a big difference between not being good enough and not working hard enough and you can't infer one from the other.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal