collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113208 times)

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2017, 01:22:04 AM »
When you're in division 2 and closer to the relegation zone than you are to 11th then you have to be worried as a manager of Aston Villa.

Goddamn right. We do not belong in this league. We are better than this. Yes thats arrogant but its also true.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2017, 05:32:13 AM »
I think he has to go and the sooner the better. We all are aware that professional footballers are spoilt, overpaid, pampered etc, etc and the one thing they love to do is hide behind an excuse. Bruce is giving them plenty of get out of jail cards.

As others have said, maybe just maybe we have been unlucky over the last 3 games, not sure I agree but let's say we have been, even in those 3 games we have only played well for a short period, as soon as the game goes against them, they cave and we never ever look like getting back into the game. We have lacked character and show no fight at all.

Bruce has allowed the players to hide as he has changed formation, lacked the knowledge or even worse is to stubborn to substitute at crucial times, made strange substitutions when he has changed, he has not been brave enough to do a Sir Graham, stick with something and say to the players, you got us in this shit, now you get us out. Footballers will hang you Stevie, you get the boot not them and at the moment you are giving them all the rope they need.

Offline dave17

« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2017, 06:07:43 AM »
Who'd want the job

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2017, 06:13:42 AM »
Dave 17 , there would be plenty of takers, the problem for Round would be making sure he got the right one at last.

Offline dave17

« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2017, 06:20:11 AM »
Dave 17 , there would be plenty of takers, the problem for Round would be making sure he got the right one at last.

I don't disagree but who was the last manager to go into a better job or have a career post villa. Sir graham probably although you could argue dr jo had some good jobs.

Who is on offer right now? Dean smith? Rowett? Bob Bradley (joke)?

I think we're in a tough spot and Bruce needs to go but I don't see who we go to

Edit...what's your excuse for being up so late mate!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 06:23:32 AM by dave17 »

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2017, 06:31:56 AM »
The names you mention Dave are exactly who we should not be going for and is part of the current demolition of our belvoed AVFC, the only one who may have established a style and a future was not financially backed by the dum yank.
Not up early mate, been in work for over 3 hours as it is 10.30 here in Oman.

Offline curlytailavfc

• www.friendsofakitas.co.uk
  • GM : 26.02.2019
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2017, 06:38:24 AM »
as soon as they ban heading the football we will never  lose again

Offline dave17

« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2017, 06:44:28 AM »
The names you mention Dave are exactly who we should not be going for and is part of the current demolition of our belvoed AVFC, the only one who may have established a style and a future was not financially backed by the dum yank.
Not up early mate, been in work for over 3 hours as it is 10.30 here in Oman.

Beautiful spot Oman. Everyone raves about Dubai but definitely a better choice

If Bruce fails it's a hard sell to the proper football men like big sam and co.

We've tried a lot the last few years. Bruce is Middle of the road so perhaps hiring an extreme may work. After dr jo we only ever took on remi garde or take a risk on a former villa boy.

Right now it feels like we lack ideas and inspriation

Psg pressed Barca to their gk. The last press and vp was gabby and his George Forman grill

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2017, 06:44:29 AM »
When you're in division 2 and closer to the relegation zone than you are to 11th then you have to be worried as a manager of Aston Villa.

Goddamn right. We do not belong in this league. We are better than this. Yes thats arrogant but its also true.

I'm sorry but that is arrogant. We patently do belong in this league.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2017, 06:45:58 AM »
Barnsley, Brentford, Ipswich, Leeds, Preston, Forest - 6 points from a possible 36. It's relegation stuff.
Desperate, desperate...

If Bruce goes, we may end up with Warburton ... primarily a coach, I think.

What has irritated me in the last 2-3 games is that he has a great new front runner in Hogan and fails to play to his strength: the ball on the ground through the channels. He has two good new box-to-box MF but fails to put a DMF in behind them (I know that the Jedi is unfit but someone could surely have played in that slot). He brings in a bunch of new players and then suddenly shifts the formation to something not tried previously.

I wasn't a fan of his appointment. And think his time may be fast approaching.

Back to first base ... with the threat of a visit to the third tier a distinct possibility.

Offline dave17

« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2017, 06:46:28 AM »

I'm sorry but that is arrogant. We patently do belong in this league.

1 point in 2017. We should be in league 1

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2017, 07:16:39 AM »
Barnsley, Brentford, Ipswich, Leeds, Preston, Forest - 6 points from a possible 36. It's relegation stuff.
Desperate, desperate...

If Bruce goes, we may end up with Warburton ... primarily a coach, I think.

What has irritated me in the last 2-3 games is that he has a great new front runner in Hogan and fails to play to his strength: the ball on the ground through the channels. He has two good new box-to-box MF but fails to put a DMF in behind them (I know that the Jedi is unfit but someone could surely have played in that slot). He brings in a bunch of new players and then suddenly shifts the formation to something not tried previously.

I wasn't a fan of his appointment. And think his time may be fast approaching.

Back to first base ... with the threat of a visit to the third tier a distinct possibility.

His decision making and obvious lack of a coherant system to play are quite astounding at the moment. I wonder what Dteve Round and Brian Little make of it at the moment. There has to come a point where it is too much. Lose the next 3 I think he might walk of his own accord. It would taking us down would be too damaging for his CV.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2017, 07:22:53 AM »
No.

Still hoping to see us rampaging up the league?

Fingers crossed. What about you?

I'd like that and a blow job off Donna out of Suits.  Both as likely tonight.

Only a blowie?

id settle for the holy trinity and nothing less

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2017, 07:37:01 AM »
I like Donna but I always wonder if the collar and cuffs match

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2017, 07:38:44 AM »
I don't think we've deserved to lose any of the last three games.

I agree with something SHQ said about poor planning leaving us with nowt up top when ACON hit and we lost momentum against Cardiff and then Spurs and Wolves.

With a bit more confidence we'd have put some of the chances away against Forest and Ipswich and tonight. It's fine margins.

Newcastle game may suit us where, for once, the onus isn't on us to attack.

I think as poor as the run is, we will turn it around.

I'm reading that in a Sean Spicer voice

Fuck.off you snide. You don't like my opinion, then challenge it without the snide shit.

Blimey!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal