collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113538 times)

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2017, 11:04:57 PM »
Another new manager, different coaching staff with a group of players that barely know each other ? You never know our owner might be silly enough to go for it.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2017, 11:05:25 PM »
I would only agree to change the manager if the new manager was a progressive manager with ideas that matched the modern game.  The manager needs to be a coach foremost and a manager second.  I am fed up with the supposed quick fixes of 'he's done it before'.

That's exactly the type of manager we should've gone for when RDM went, Bruce was the ultimate quick fix, even most of the people who wanted him were saying we'd just replace him when he hit his ceiling in the premier league.

I agree absolutely. We've got a good squad now IMO so the problem is the coach. Tonight was ,for me the lowest point. We took Barnsley's best two players and they beat us. Bruce was an uninspiring choice because this is his limit, this league. We are a big club and if we try we'll get a manager with the right credentials to take this squad forward.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2017, 11:05:29 PM »
I don't think we've deserved to lose any of the last three games.

I agree with something SHQ said about poor planning leaving us with nowt up top when ACON hit and we lost momentum against Cardiff and then Spurs and Wolves.

With a bit more confidence we'd have put some of the chances away against Forest and Ipswich and tonight. It's fine margins.

Newcastle game may suit us where, for once, the onus isn't on us to attack.

I think as poor as the run is, we will turn it around.

I'm reading that in a Sean Spicer voice

Fuck.off you snide. You don't like my opinion, then challenge it without the snide shit.

No point getting angry at me,
You should be saving it for the disaster unfolding on the pitch every game

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2017, 11:20:27 PM »
Part of Bruce's problem, for me, is that he's as paralysed by fear as his squad. Lose last week? Change formation. Overrun in midfield? Hoof it long. It's as if we have to win it in ten minutes before we shit ourselves, and then when we don't score, we run out or adrenalin and start to panic. Ironically I thought this would be the thing Bruce ironed out first. But I'll say one thing: Kodjia, Hourihane, Lansbury and Hogan were bloody good for their clubs, despite some people's attempts at revisionism. The common denominator in their form is Steve Bruce and his coaching staff.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2017, 11:21:12 PM »
Lets consider short to mid term ( in football parlance) for a sec.

If we survive this season, is Bruce the man to give us solid footing going into next season and put together a promotion push? That has got to be the very minimum expectation.
But, knowing and seeing his antiquated approach, is he really going to take us the progressive way we NEED to go, or will we grind out and bore our way getting out of this division.

Or, should we cut our losses, and look to bring in someone who has new and fresh ideas and a fresh approach to the game. Someone who sees the future.

We have actually been 'outfootballed' many, many times this season, and it makes you wonder iif  Bruce is just not suited to this division anymore.

Similar to RDM for me.

Get this season out of the way (I don't even think you'll need 50 points so surely we can manage another 10 points?!!)

Give him pre season....also tell him bar getting a keeper and centre half he has to work with the rest of the squad and actually coach them into a winning football team.

Then look at state of play after 10 games so start of October....if we're as off the pace as RDM then sack him.

Or just dissolve the club.
just too long, he has to get them playing and winning this season to deserve a crack at next.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Wagner didn't have a great record towards the end of last season?

What we need is a pre season of little transfers and upheaval and the players actually working their butts out for once.

Same stuff start of next season and I join the Bruce out camp.
Surely you would want  some evidence that he is at least on the right track before risking next season.
As you can see I am not in the Bruce out camp yet.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2017, 11:34:49 PM »
7 points from drop zone in appalling form and with Newcastle and Derby to play , we don't have luxury of just giving him more time.

He has failed , when things started going wrong he blamed the players.He was given the window to bring in who he wanted and yet now we are worse than with the the players he critizised !!. At the very least a manager with his experience should have known we needed an experianced keeper not an Just an English Version of Gollini ..

The chopping and changing of formations and players match after match and losing is deja but of the end of RDM ,Remi ,Sherwood and Lambert .He doesn't have a plan he is just throwing things together and hoping something works ..

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2017, 11:36:11 PM »

I agree with something SHQ said about poor planning leaving us with nowt up top when ACON hit and we lost momentum against Cardiff and then Spurs and Wolves.

With a bit more confidence we'd have put some of the chances away against Forest and Ipswich and tonight. It's fine margins.

Fuck.off you snide. You don't like my opinion, then challenge it without the snide shit.

Apologise for that.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2017, 11:36:20 PM »
We've gone from the likes of Manure and Chelsea leaving VP with 3 easy points to likes of Watford and Stoke and now we're at the likes of dross lile Barnsley chanting "ole" as they leave with a win.

It's bollocks although on the plus side a few pints after the game makes me merry so bollocks to it.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2017, 11:41:02 PM »
could go a number of ways, hopefully we will find  our feet and get a couple of  results starting  next Monday - reality says unlikely.

Bruce may resign and take the pain of having to sack him away.  Can't see it myself, he will be tied into a decent contract.

Supporters begin to vote with their feet forcing the board  to do  something - hopefully will not come to that but looking ever more likely.

The easy thing would be to sack him, the hard part is replacing  him.  No firm contenders out there and please no Pearson, Clough, Rowett etc. 

Offline Villatillidie1982

« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2017, 11:43:46 PM »
That Newcastle is the next game is perfect. There is no expectation for the players to be weighed down by. They can just go out and play.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2017, 11:45:23 PM »
One thing I can't do is say "such and such should take over from Bruce" because I've become so jaded by Villa that I don't watch any other football these days. So Rowett might set teams up like PSG or be a John Beck long-ball merchant and I wouldn't know it.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2017, 11:57:34 PM »

Apologise for that.

There's really no need for apologies,we are all hurting a bit tonight

Offline Marton

• GM : 17.10.2016
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2017, 11:58:35 PM »
Bruce is a dud but there really is no gain to sack him right now. Promotion is gone, its all about avoiding relegation and then finding some foundation to build on for next season.
Let Bruce manage against Newcastle and Derby at least... then sack him and give new manager a slightly better chance to turn things around.

Doubt Bruce was Dr Tony choice in the long term. He was just the best we could get at that given time. He pretty much proved he cant handle a big club with big expectations...even with heavy backing.
Strange picks, playing proven players in odd positions...and the subs. He cracked. We need someone sane...but hope we can make a smooth well timed transition.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2017, 12:01:37 AM »
It's a no from me. Our problems are far deeper than the manager. Changing again isn't going to solve anything.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2017, 12:09:43 AM »
Lets consider short to mid term ( in football parlance) for a sec.

If we survive this season, is Bruce the man to give us solid footing going into next season and put together a promotion push? That has got to be the very minimum expectation.
But, knowing and seeing his antiquated approach, is he really going to take us the progressive way we NEED to go, or will we grind out and bore our way getting out of this division.

Or, should we cut our losses, and look to bring in someone who has new and fresh ideas and a fresh approach to the game. Someone who sees the future.

We have actually been 'outfootballed' many, many times this season, and it makes you wonder iif  Bruce is just not suited to this division anymore.

Similar to RDM for me.

Get this season out of the way (I don't even think you'll need 50 points so surely we can manage another 10 points?!!)

Give him pre season....also tell him bar getting a keeper and centre half he has to work with the rest of the squad and actually coach them into a winning football team.

Then look at state of play after 10 games so start of October....if we're as off the pace as RDM then sack him.

Or just dissolve the club.

This still for me.  But he's making it harder and harder to justify with each defeat.

I've not seen the game but it sounds as though we were better than of late but just didn't get the breaks while Barnsley (yes, fucking Barnsley) did.  It'll turn for us but I shudder to think what'll happen up at Sid James Park next week!

This will still get worse before it gets better.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal