collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 07:02:22 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by JD
[Today at 05:32:46 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2112985 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2017, 10:53:32 PM »
I say we should keep him and let him turn this around we can't keep changing managers look where that gets us.

Offline myf

« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2017, 10:53:52 PM »
The quality of football is a disgrace.

Every other team passes the ball better than we do - they close down more - make better runs - work harder for each other.

They are not playing for each other - they certainly aren't playing for the manager.

Agreed. As if they're gripped by fear

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2017, 10:55:18 PM »
Lets consider short to mid term ( in football parlance) for a sec.

If we survive this season, is Bruce the man to give us solid footing going into next season and put together a promotion push? That has got to be the very minimum expectation.
But, knowing and seeing his antiquated approach, is he really going to take us the progressive way we NEED to go, or will we grind out and bore our way getting out of this division.

Or, should we cut our losses, and look to bring in someone who has new and fresh ideas and a fresh approach to the game. Someone who sees the future.

We have actually been 'outfootballed' many, many times this season, and it makes you wonder iif  Bruce is just not suited to this division anymore.

Similar to RDM for me.

Get this season out of the way (I don't even think you'll need 50 points so surely we can manage another 10 points?!!)

Give him pre season....also tell him bar getting a keeper and centre half he has to work with the rest of the squad and actually coach them into a winning football team.

Then look at state of play after 10 games so start of October....if we're as off the pace as RDM then sack him.

Or just dissolve the club.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2017, 10:55:43 PM »
Fucked if I know. Based on what he says and his track record I'd keep him but based on our random formations, tactics and awful substitutions I'm struggling to see a win soon. My biggest worry is why do all our managers panic and try such a haphazard approach to selecting a side and style?

Ads is right though, it's such fine margins, we could have easily won our last few games and his job would not be in question.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2017, 10:56:02 PM »
Good track record and done it before count for squat. He's had three promotions, all through the play offs I think? So hardly taking the league by storm each time. I think his overall win % is only about 40% on average.
We've changed managers that many times I'm starting to think that one more can't hurt. But someone who can coach and play players in their actual positions not shoe horn them in.
He's lost it already imo. Play 3 5 2 with no wing backs just full backs. Then plays Amavi in a 442 when 532 would've been ideal for him. Ditched 532 after two attempts.
He is picking formations, not a team.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2017, 10:57:17 PM »
This sounds simple but when Jedinak comes back into the side we will see an improvement.  Now whether confidence has been too far shattered by then who knows.  We cannot change managers again.  We will end up with Rowett another out of his depth and another 'blue nose fcuker' who will do okay for a bit then won't and will be hounded out again.  And so it starts again. 

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2017, 10:57:20 PM »
A caller into the radio called it right tonight (before the game too) when he said that Aston Villa is a football club without a team. Nail on head.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2017, 10:57:28 PM »

If we survive this season, is Bruce the man to give us solid footing going into next season and put together a promotion push? That has got to be the very minimum expectation.
But, knowing and seeing his antiquated approach, is he really going to take us the progressive way we NEED to go, or will we grind out and bore our way getting out of this division.

Or, should we cut our losses, and look to bring in someone who has new and fresh ideas and a fresh approach to the game. Someone who sees the future.

We have actually been 'outfootballed' many, many times this season, and it makes you wonder iif  Bruce is just not suited to this division anymore.

Similar to RDM for me.

Get this season out of the way (I don't even think you'll need 50 points so surely we can manage another 10 points?!!)

Give him pre season....also tell him bar getting a keeper and centre half he has to work with the rest of the squad and actually coach them into a winning football team.

Then look at state of play after 10 games so start of October....if we're as off the pace as RDM then sack him.

just too long, he has to get them playing and winning this season to deserve a crack at next.

richtheholtender

« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2017, 11:00:12 PM »
This sounds simple but when Jedinak comes back into the side we will see an improvement.  Now whether confidence has been too far shattered by then who knows.  We cannot change managers again.  We will end up with Rowett another out of his depth and another 'blue nose fcuker' who will do okay for a bit then won't and will be hounded out again.  And so it starts again. 

It's shocking we really on Jedinak so heavily. How can nobody do this role while he is out? If you break it down to the simplest of terms and ask the player to hold, tackle and then pass it someone who can play. Don't have to Xavi!

Offline FatSam

« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2017, 11:02:00 PM »
What is different to the past few seasons in the PL is that we have a manager and players, right now, who are very good and proven for the level we currently find ourselves at - this a mentality/character issue, as far as I can see.  It's a cliché, but we need to stick together (help the new boys bed in), rally as a club and fight and scrap for every point hereon in.
I agree. We undoubtedly have a good squad for the level we find ourselves in, and a manager that was (and still is) the best fit that was (is) available. We desperately need to pull together as a club, and the team need to find some fluidity and form. Sacking Bruce would leave another Eric Black type scenario I fear.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2017, 11:02:47 PM »

It's shocking we really on Jedinak so heavily. How can nobody do this role while he is out? If you break it down to the simplest of terms and ask the player to hold, tackle and then pass it someone who can play. Don't have to Xavi!

Agreed Rich.  Play Gardner there?!!!

richtheholtender

« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2017, 11:03:44 PM »

Agreed Rich.  Play Gardner there?!!!

The same Gardner who we haven't seen since he signed his new 4 year deal?

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2017, 11:03:48 PM »

Still, nice that we helped Forest out by loaning them Tish.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2017, 11:04:04 PM »

Similar to RDM for me.

just too long, he has to get them playing and winning this season to deserve a crack at next.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Wagner didn't have a great record towards the end of last season?

What we need is a pre season of little transfers and upheaval and the players actually working their butts out for once.

Same stuff start of next season and I join the Bruce out camp.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2017, 11:04:40 PM »
He is done for now. Especially if Newcastle and Derby go the way most are expecting. It's his players now. If he can't find a system then he shouldn't have wanted people who couldn't play his way. Plus the football is horrible. Absolutely no style of play or tempo (except slow). If we were clearly trying to play an entertaining way and these results were the same then he'd be given the good grace of bedding it all in.
We have none of that! As things stand, there's a good possibility that come Bristol city at home, we could be bottom 3. He cannot survive all the above, 6 loses in a row.....
We're unfortunately in a perpetual cycle of turmoil and transition.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal