collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Re: Aston Villa Leisure Centre by Pete3206
[Today at 01:30:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113365 times)

Offline sirlordbaltimore

Re: Bruce out
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2017, 10:29:55 PM »

We're a club in a seemingly endless spiral of collapse. I don't think any manager more respected than Bruce is likely to want to risk his reputation now

Changing the coaching staff might be a good idea, if Bruce has the balls. Where's Phelan for example ?

Calderwood came in with fanfare with folks claiming he's a great man. Maybe he's not

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2017, 10:29:55 PM »
There isn't one Paul.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2017, 10:30:28 PM »
If we lose against the Geordies and Derby, Xia is going to have to be made of steel to resist the tidal wave of discontent that will come from the fans baying for Bruce's head. Xia needs the fanbase more than he needs Bruce.
And teh attendance tonight was?

26, 435
Exactly, I was trying to be ironic.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2017, 10:30:58 PM »
I remember seeing an interview with Bruce just before he joined whilst scouring Youtube (can't remember who he was the manager of at the time) where he said he "didn't really do tactics!?!" That comment shocked and horrified me equal measures.

Our last decent manager O'Neill was well known for his lack of tactics.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2017, 10:32:32 PM »
Dean Smith lost four on the bounce and won 1 in 6 or 7 earlier on. With a manager who has never managed a club with a ground as big as the Holte, the Turner comparisons will follow and people will want him gone.

Or Rowett and his conservative counter attacking football. How long before he becomes a Bluenose this or that?

Time is a commodity nobody will be afforded it seems.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2017, 10:33:10 PM »
If that means " resting" ( getting shot of ) the French ones then so be it.

We've got 1 French player - Amavi and 1 French-speaking - Kodija (our top scorer).

Of all the many possible reasons for our shiteness, what an utterly bizarre one to pick.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2017, 10:33:24 PM »
I remember seeing an interview with Bruce just before he joined whilst scouring Youtube (can't remember who he was the manager of at the time) where he said he "didn't really do tactics!?!" That comment shocked and horrified me equal measures.

He had a tactic. Lots of people didn't like it, is all.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2017, 10:34:09 PM »
Hell or High Water it is then. Hold on and try not to enjoy the ride..............

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2017, 10:34:43 PM »
We can't get through 3 managers in a season for the second season in a row. We're just going to have to tough this out.

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2017, 10:35:06 PM »
Except O Neill did have tactics. They were simple but he had them. And he stuck to them. Wi Bruce I have no idea what team or formation he will play from week to week

Online CT Villan

« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2017, 10:36:27 PM »

The fans expectation is for the team and Bruce merely to show signs, however small, of progress. We are regressing.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2017, 10:36:36 PM »
Dean Smith lost four on the bounce and won 1 in 6 or 7 earlier on. With a manager who has never managed a club with a ground as big as the Holte, the Turner comparisons will follow and people will want him gone.

Or Rowett and his conservative counter attacking football. How long before he becomes a Bluenose this or that?

I can see the risk, but I think people are more forgiving of people who attempt to play football, and with the Villa connection I can see it working. A bit of risk is what we're sorely lacking with Steve Barnes.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2017, 10:36:59 PM »
We can't get through 3 managers in a season for the second season in a row. We're just going to have to tough this out.

Even if it leads to relegation for the second season in a row?

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2017, 10:37:15 PM »
I don't think we've deserved to lose any of the last three games.

I agree with something SHQ said about poor planning leaving us with nowt up top when ACON hit and we lost momentum against Cardiff and then Spurs and Wolves.

With a bit more confidence we'd have put some of the chances away against Forest and Ipswich and tonight. It's fine margins.

Newcastle game may suit us where, for once, the onus isn't on us to attack.

I think as poor as the run is, we will turn it around.

I am not having a pop as I respect your fair mindedness about him but I would also note I dont think we deserved to win a couple of Bruces wins either.

Regardless IMHO as someone else just said (cant find the post) we are just too negative. One of the only (perhaps THE only) positive of Sherwood is at least he would go for it. Bruce fits in the mold of all our other recent managers in that he just gets more and more negative.

I don't know why it happens but it does. IS there any evidence Bruce is going to change us into a free flowing attacking team? I dont think so, I dont think its in his DNA. Sadly.

There's no way Bruce sent out a negative side tonight. He had 6 attack minded players in the 11.

We are in a terrible rut - missing chances, low on confidence, teams scoring from their only efforts on goal. It really is a perfect storm but I hope the club holds their nerve.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it does feel like the number of changes has been counter-productive and made us too disjointed. It was a bigger gamble than it appeared at the time.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:40:12 PM by nick harper »

richtheholtender

« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2017, 10:37:38 PM »
When will we learn Blues and Albion connections don't seem to work here. I think we're getting closer to Bruce's "Bolton game"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal