collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113245 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 10:03:07 PM »
No.

Still hoping to see us rampaging up the league?

Fingers crossed. What about you?

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2017, 10:04:26 PM »
As shit as everything has been recently I still think we're in desperate need of stability if we want to improve and get out of the league. Unless these current results carry on and we really look like getting relegated I'm happy to stick with him.

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2017, 10:04:35 PM »
Let's wait until we've lost games before we start adding them to the collection of this poor run.

I haven't added them, I said if we lose them it's 8 out of 9 and no manager should keep his job on that sort of form. I'd give him the two, lose them and you are gone.

And if we win them or draw them.
What exactly are you advocating? Sticking with him regardless? Just how shit does a run have to get before you'd consider it?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2017, 10:04:44 PM »
No.

Still hoping to see us rampaging up the league?

Fingers crossed. What about you?

I'd like that and a blow job off Donna out of Suits.  Both as likely tonight.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2017, 10:05:18 PM »
Let's wait until we've lost games before we start adding them to the collection of this poor run.

I haven't added them, I said if we lose them it's 8 out of 9 and no manager should keep his job on that sort of form. I'd give him the two, lose them and you are gone.

And if we win them or draw them.

Then maybe the rot has stopped and Bruce will get more time. You simply cannot lose almost 10 games in a row and keep your job, that's the ultimate of meekly accepting any old shit and carrying on. We've been down that road a few times the last 5 years.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2017, 10:05:31 PM »
As shit as everything has been recently I still think we're in desperate need of stability if we want to improve and get out of the league. Unless these current results carry on and we really look like getting relegated I'm happy to stick with him.

7 points above the drop, how close and late do you want to leave it?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2017, 10:06:19 PM »
Three more games for me. Don't embarrass ourselves against the barcodes. Don't make it three out of three home defeats against Derby. By the third game, he's had enough time to bed HIS players in. If I was Bruce, I'd be looking for another first team coach, it might just buy him more time and show some ruthlessness.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2017, 10:06:24 PM »
The biggest mistake the Club made when they got rid of RDM was thinking that we could easily make the play-offs with the right manager.  If they had realised that we needed to rebuild the club with a solid structure of players, they would not have appointed Bruce.  I'm afraid that Bruce is just not positive enough to be Villa manager.

It is not all down to Bruce though as there is something at the club that is eating away at it.  I was concerned when he came in and started to side-line Ayew and McCormack, wouldn't give RHM a chance and opted to bring Gabby back in.  I think he is doing the same with Amavi.  It was said last season that there was a player clique last season and the French players were not welcomed.  Is that what Spink is on about when he says the club has a rotten core and it needs cutting out.  Players can't wait to get away from the Club, so what is wrong.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2017, 10:07:09 PM »
Being eternally shit isn't stability, it's just shit.

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2017, 10:07:31 PM »
Since Bruce joined (not that all of this is his fault), there has been precious little improvement in performances, albeit a seemingly temporary improvement in results. There is zero evidence of an upturn being just around the corner, the only thing is that I'm not sure changing managers is going to have much of an effect.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2017, 10:08:45 PM »
Get a poll on the go

Offline supertom

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2017, 10:08:47 PM »
Give him until the summer to save his job. The season is gone. If there happens to be a top manager around looking for work and a big paycheck then go for it, but otherwise I don't think anyone remotely decent will want to come in late feb, to a side stuck in no mans land in the championship. We're not woeful enough to go down, and the bottom 3 aren't good enough to make up that gap (thankfully), so we won't go down.

I think there will be better managers available in May. And I most certainly don't want some pisspot caretaker prick like Black again.

Offline ez

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2017, 10:09:07 PM »
I haven't got a clue. We shouldn't be changing managers again so soon but then look at his record. Could be damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2017, 10:09:26 PM »
After his substitutions tonight he can **** right off. He's washed out and collecting a consider sum of money from us for his pension fund.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2017, 10:09:44 PM »
It's becoming pretty fucking catastrophic again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal