collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2115072 times)

Offline mattjpa

Re: Bruce out
« Reply #975 on: February 28, 2017, 10:27:51 AM »
I think Jedinak is very important to this team. Most of our worst results and performances (Brentford for example) come without him in the team.
I do like the guy but seriously that is a good indicator of how far we have sunk and how low our expectations have gotten.
How dare the mighty Aston Villa rely on a multi million pound signing brought in specifically to run our midfield, widely regarded as a leader on and off the pitch, who captains his country and is regarded by both international fans and fans from the club he has just left as critical to their successs. Maybe its a coincidence but Palace have gone to shit since he left

Offline paul richard

« Reply #976 on: February 28, 2017, 11:45:55 AM »
Jedinak is one of our better performers.  We've missed him while he's been out.  Get him fit and performing and he'll be an important part of what a properly functioning Aston Villa side looks like at this level as we revive over the remaining weeks of this season and surge up the table next season.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #977 on: February 28, 2017, 01:19:15 PM »
Also, playing the game more away from his position might help him get through the game better.  Similar principle applies to the defence.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #978 on: February 28, 2017, 10:07:22 PM »
I'm with you Steve.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #979 on: February 28, 2017, 10:10:48 PM »
There is no a foundation to build on.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #980 on: February 28, 2017, 10:12:02 PM »
Never doubted him!

Now is the time to show he can build on confidence and we go and give Rotherham a thrumping.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #981 on: February 28, 2017, 10:13:25 PM »
Jedi returns = 2 wins out of 3.

Told you it would change when W.G Grace came back lots of love from the hindsight committee.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #982 on: February 28, 2017, 10:15:38 PM »
To be fair I did mention about Jedinak returning would coincide with an upturn.  But hey ho we are winning again.  Maybe the CEO's backing has helped things as well.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #983 on: February 28, 2017, 10:17:23 PM »
Playing 2 awful sides helps as well. I'm not complaining but if you were under pressure this run of 3 games is exactly who you'd want to be playing.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #984 on: February 28, 2017, 10:24:03 PM »
Headed in the right direction. He's the man for the job (right now). Another change would do nothing - no time, would induce further crisis, damage morale, and chances are the next guy we'd end up firing in 20 games. Give the guy time, a bit of patience (for once), and then let's re-assess come May based on the totality of his results and style.   

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #985 on: February 28, 2017, 10:33:26 PM »
Hopefully this will help buy some time. I'd like him to get a run and a chance to really put some foundations in place.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #986 on: February 28, 2017, 11:30:53 PM »
I would hope that the last two results have put to bed reviewing the manager's position until the end of the season.  That is the right time to take stock of where we are, where we want to go to, over what timescale and how we want to get there.  There is a lot of improvement needed from the manager and players between now and the end of the season to be able to say that we are heading in the right direction.  The probation period starts now.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #987 on: February 28, 2017, 11:47:02 PM »
I would hope that the last two results have put to bed reviewing the manager's position until the end of the season.  That is the right time to take stock of where we are, where we want to go to, over what timescale and how we want to get there.  There is a lot of improvement needed from the manager and players between now and the end of the season to be able to say that we are heading in the right direction.  The probation period starts now.

Well said, OMVF.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #988 on: March 01, 2017, 01:19:01 AM »

Well said, OMVF.
Yep.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #989 on: March 01, 2017, 05:17:01 AM »
Lets establish some kind of style, play with a bit of movement and freedom, make the pitch smaller by closing the gap between def, mid and attack, see where we are in May, review and press on.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal