collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113017 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #8025 on: November 20, 2017, 12:29:24 AM »
I'd rather have Bruce than Moyes.

I wasn't too sure but reading Moyes post match comments tonight, I have to agree. Both may be old farts but give me Bruce every day of the week when it comes to man-management.

I'm not sure it's even close.  Moyes is on a downhill trajectory the likes of which are very rarely seen

Tell me something I didn't know. I got slaughtered on here a year ago with folk telling me how lucky we would be to have him.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #8026 on: November 20, 2017, 12:46:58 AM »

I wasn't too sure but reading Moyes post match comments tonight, I have to agree. Both may be old farts but give me Bruce every day of the week when it comes to man-management.

I'm not sure it's even close.  Moyes is on a downhill trajectory the likes of which are very rarely seen

Tell me something I didn't know. I got slaughtered on here a year ago with folk telling me how lucky we would be to have him.
Moyes pre match interview was down and full of excuses, he has taken dour to another level.
I would take Bruce over Moyes anytime.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #8027 on: November 20, 2017, 12:52:35 AM »
As I said, with all his faults, Bruce and it's probably his biggest strength, is his man-management. Moyes is planning a mutiny of his best players as we speak.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #8028 on: November 20, 2017, 06:20:43 AM »
Got to say Bruce looks like he’s found a way to deliver and that really pleases me. I always thought it would take two seasons to get out of this league. Very long way to go though, but we are where we need to be to get promotion. We’re only 9 pts behind wolves and 7 pts from 2nd spot. We play both Wolves and Blades again. Win those two and we only need a mini- slump from either club to get in the reckoning for an automatic place, assuming we continue to improve.

We are about where I hoped we’d be at this stage of the season and generally improving, but with the odd setback. I think we’ll go up. Odds checker currently has us 2.75-1. Things definitely looking better than a few months ago. When he loses he takes the shit, so credit to SB for getting us back looking sharper and challenging.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #8029 on: November 20, 2017, 06:38:45 AM »

I present to you Lambert, Paul into evidence

Offline Tugby Villain

• Villa through thick and thin!!!
« Reply #8030 on: November 20, 2017, 06:56:04 AM »
Also, Hull literally was the start

Wow! After centuries of debates about God, the big bang theory and us all evolving from fish it turns out that the answer to the question was 'Hull'.
😂😂

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8031 on: November 20, 2017, 07:02:54 AM »
I don't think that disapointing start has made a massive difference. If anything for me, it's games like Hull and Boro at home which have made us worse off than we should be.

I think somebody needs to explain how the points system works to you.

No they don't but thank you for the offer anyway.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #8032 on: November 20, 2017, 08:23:27 AM »
Nine points from the next three, including [At least we're not] Leeds and I'll start thawing out my frosty attitude towards him.
Yes but.... it would be nice to see Bruce power through now and yield the kind of performances that will deliver automatic promotion however I am not sure he is capable of that level. Mess up against Wednesday showed that but let’s see.
The fact that we put in such a good performance after the disappointment of the Wednesday game is a real positive forme

This for me. Points wise we are still B- but the fact that a disappointing game didn’t lead to a slump, and that we came from behind during that game, are both rare things for us and give me a lot of encouragement that we have a good chance this season.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #8033 on: November 20, 2017, 08:24:29 AM »

Paul Lambert wasn’t managing Man Utd 3 years ago.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8034 on: November 20, 2017, 08:40:01 AM »
We need to beat both Cardiff and Wolves at home to narrow the gap. Not impossible.
Yes we do and can however no more mistakes like Wednesday, Boro and Brentford.

But we are going to drop points from to time, that's just inevitable.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #8035 on: November 20, 2017, 08:42:59 AM »
Having watched the highlights of Reading and Barca, Reading should have smashed them out of sight. Everybody will drop points.

Such a pity we didn't press the life out the Wolves and run them.off the park as we did in the last two games.

Offline stuart445

« Reply #8036 on: November 20, 2017, 09:24:20 AM »
I'm no Bruce adherent and tend to think of our successes as more a case of how much quality we have rather than tactical brilliance, but he's clearly doing more right this season than last. If we're within striking distance of automatic promotion after Terry and Kodjia are back you might just have to admit he's doing the job well.

Oh dear another when we win it's not down to Bruce but when we lose its all Bruce's fault.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #8037 on: November 20, 2017, 09:55:32 AM »
Tomorrow night may not be the slam-dunk that some might expect, with the new manager bounce that Blunderland may get. And, our manager seems to struggle to get the home tactics right. I really hope they go out and cane the visitors: it's time we set out a real statement of intent.
Probs won't happen ...

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #8038 on: November 20, 2017, 10:15:16 AM »
I'm no Bruce adherent and tend to think of our successes as more a case of how much quality we have rather than tactical brilliance, but he's clearly doing more right this season than last. If we're within striking distance of automatic promotion after Terry and Kodjia are back you might just have to admit he's doing the job well.

Oh dear another when we win it's not down to Bruce but when we lose its all Bruce's fault.

Sure, if you choose to read it that way.  Or last season wasn't good enough, this season is better but still not quite where we want to be but he'll deserve praise if we kick on from here.

You seem to find this really difficult to understand but where we are now is pretty much the minimum acceptable, that's not changed by one win or defeat.  At this moment he's turned around a bad start and got us keeping pace with the leaders, for which he deserves credit, but untilwe start closing that gap we're still a couple of poor performances from dropping below expectations.

There's plenty of positives, he's getting goals from midfield (which were missing last season), he found a way to come back from behind, which has been our biggest weakness since he arrived and he's stopped a defeat from turning into a bad run (again something he struggled to do last year).  all of those mean that no one is seriously talking about replacing him right now but it doesn't stop people from being concerned that we're still too inconsistent and the Sheff Weds style performances still seem to happen too often, Cardiff, Reading, Boro, Wolves, Brentford and that one means that over a third of the games we've played have been poor.  Yes we've played much better in some of the others (again, there's probably been 5-6 genuine good performances) but we really need to put the truly terrible performances to bed now.

Offline Eckybloke

• GM : 06.06.2019
« Reply #8039 on: November 20, 2017, 10:40:05 AM »

I believe McClaren, Steve is also worthy of consideration in this case.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal