collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113610 times)

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #7425 on: October 29, 2017, 04:32:44 PM »
I don't think his tactics are comparable to Mourinho. His strategy/intentions, maybe, but the actual details of tactics? That's like saying Klopp is similar to Kevin Keegan because they're both attacking.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #7426 on: October 29, 2017, 04:35:50 PM »
He gets a C- from me.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #7427 on: October 29, 2017, 04:50:32 PM »
I don't think his tactics are comparable to Mourinho. His strategy/intentions, maybe, but the actual details of tactics? That's like saying Klopp is similar to Kevin Keegan because they're both attacking.

He's cut from the same cloth as Big Sam and Pulis in their football outlook.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #7428 on: October 29, 2017, 05:07:55 PM »

I don’t think he’s as good at it as either of those. Like them or loathe them they have a plan. Bruce’s tactics are to pick some players and have them run round a bit.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #7429 on: October 29, 2017, 05:12:34 PM »

I don’t think he’s as good at it as either of those. Like them or loathe them they have a plan. Bruce’s tactics are to pick some players and have them run round a bit.

Without the ball

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #7430 on: October 29, 2017, 05:14:56 PM »
And become exhausted.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #7431 on: October 29, 2017, 05:21:21 PM »

Yeah probably as he's been relegated a couple of times from the prem although he also has finished higher than Pulis in the premier league.

The football outlook is broadly the same though, willingly concede possession home and away, defend in mass ranks away and try and nick a goal and also do that in home games when you're playing a semi decent team.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #7432 on: October 29, 2017, 05:26:52 PM »
The pundits today thought knocking it long to Kodjia might be a good tactic, as he's a "big man". He's no Les Ferdinand.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #7433 on: October 29, 2017, 05:27:56 PM »
Disclaimer : I was not at the game and didnt have to sit through it.

That said, if you are going to play an ultra negative away game, Blues is acceptable to me. We are in the play off places and we have played some nice stuff the past few weeks. I am looking forward to next weeks game.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #7434 on: October 29, 2017, 06:21:57 PM »
The pundits today thought knocking it long to Kodjia might be a good tactic, as he's a "big man". He's no Les Ferdinand.

Exactly the level of insight that saw Whelan end up being awarded man of the match. 

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #7435 on: October 29, 2017, 06:25:15 PM »

Yeah probably as he's been relegated a couple of times from the prem although he also has finished higher than Pulis in the premier league.

The football outlook is broadly the same though, willingly concede possession home and away, defend in mass ranks away and try and nick a goal and also do that in home games when you're playing a semi decent team.

It's survival football, as both have spent the majority of their top flight careers at clubs whose sole purpose is to do exactly that.  Pulis' record after his teams reach 40 points in a season is testament to that. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 09:25:10 PM by tomd2103 »

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #7436 on: October 29, 2017, 06:27:31 PM »
Being charitable we are 6 points off promotion, but by the same yardstick every team down to 12th are 1 win from being above us. We are IMO one of the best of the rest. Could we go straight up? It's possible but just as possible we could miss out. I tend to agree with SoccerHQ. Keep him till the summer and thenget rid even if we go up. Harsh but his reputation will be high so a new job will be easy to come by. I really can't see the point of us playing this godawful football in the Premiership unless we intend to be perennially bouncing between the two divisions - we should be aiming higher.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #7437 on: October 29, 2017, 06:29:30 PM »
If only there was a means of measuring who was the best. Say a league table of sorts?

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #7438 on: October 29, 2017, 06:31:37 PM »
If only there was a means of measuring who was the best. Say a league table of sorts?

Wouldn't work though, because it wouldn't factor in things like Blose' moral victories in games they lost or drew, or wins of ours that don't count because the opposition weren't in the top half of the table.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #7439 on: October 29, 2017, 06:33:19 PM »

Like this ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal