collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:19:56 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:19:56 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 11:16:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2114809 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6975 on: September 27, 2017, 11:15:17 PM »
A wise philosophy.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6976 on: September 27, 2017, 11:19:02 PM »
We'll have plenty of chances to moan again, no doubt.
I hope not as I have burnt that boat. From now on I am expecting Bruce to march forth and conquer this league and deliver us the Championship title come May. 

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #6977 on: September 27, 2017, 11:29:59 PM »
I can't be arsed to change my vote as it might be unlucky. I'm hoping my vote to sack him is the 0.1% in favour of doing so when we are winning the Champions League for the fifth year running and building a potato-based statue outside the Keinan Davis Stand.

Neither can I be arsed to get into a debate about what we should do after a defeat in a match we haven't played yet, when we have just won three on the bounce.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #6978 on: September 27, 2017, 11:38:13 PM »
I can't be arsed to change my vote as it might be unlucky. I'm hoping my vote to sack him is the 0.1% in favour of doing so when we are winning the Champions League for the fifth year running and building a potato-based statue outside the Keinan Davis Stand.

Neither can I be arsed to get into a debate about what we should do after a defeat in a match we haven't played yet, when we have just won three on the bounce.

The golden potato-based statue, in keeping with his newly acquired European wide nickname 'The Golden Potato', earned after out-potatoing Zidane in the Bernabeau in the semis.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #6979 on: September 28, 2017, 02:19:46 AM »
We'll have plenty of chances to moan again, no doubt.
I hope not as I have burnt that boat. From now on I am expecting Bruce to march forth and conquer this league and deliver us the Championship title come May.

May? Bloody hell you are a bit generous. I am holding him to April :)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6980 on: September 28, 2017, 02:21:14 AM »
Importantly if we approach this game in the first half as we have the last two we will be just fine. There is a lot of confidence now and the fact that the midfield is really pitching in with goals is incredibly encouraging. Kodjia will find the net soon so lots of positives to look forward to if Bruce plans to play the same way we have in the last couple. Remember it's only been a few games since we drew pathetically vs Brentford and had a marginally better game vs Boro, but I hope we have completely moved on from that.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #6981 on: September 28, 2017, 10:19:14 AM »
What if we lose but have 90% possession?

What if we lose having hit the woodwork 5 times, missed a penalty and had a man mistakenly sent off?

Fuck it, sack him.

Even if we go on a run, there is always the likelihood of being beaten at some point; and given that we are now 7 unbeaten in the league and have scored 9 goals in 3 consecutive wins, reacting to a defeat with a sacking would be lunacy.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6982 on: September 28, 2017, 10:24:02 AM »

What if we lose having hit the woodwork 5 times, missed a penalty and had a man mistakenly sent off?

Fuck it, sack him.

Even if we go on a run, there is always the likelihood of being beaten at some point; and given that we are now 7 unbeaten in the league and have scored 9 goals in 3 consecutive wins, reacting to a defeat with a sacking would be lunacy.

What if we lose 10-0 and Steve Bruce takes off his top to reveal a Paul Tait t-shirt? What then?!

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6983 on: September 28, 2017, 10:28:23 AM »

Fuck it, sack him.

And we've only lost two in the league, one of which was against the leaders who are still up there although in truth we were absolutely terrible. Oh and yes, booting him out would be farcical.

Online Clampy

« Reply #6984 on: September 28, 2017, 10:29:44 AM »

Fuck it, sack him.

What if we lose 10-0 and Steve Bruce takes off his top to reveal a Paul Tait t-shirt? What then?!

If he had a Stern John t.shirt on underneath, then defiantly sack him.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #6985 on: September 28, 2017, 10:53:37 AM »
Let's face it this debate is now moot. He's here for the season now for better or worse.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #6986 on: September 28, 2017, 11:11:59 AM »
WHOSE GETTING MARRIED???

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #6987 on: September 28, 2017, 11:12:58 AM »
Let's face it this debate is now moot. He's here for the season now for better or worse.

Well certainly for next 2.5 months.

Offline boozey182

« Reply #6988 on: September 28, 2017, 11:22:27 AM »
We've been mostly awful on his watch, yes, but we've strung together three very good results.

I for one will be taking this opportunity to stop worrying myself about how shit we usually are.

Enjoy these days. We'll have plenty of chances to moan again, no doubt.

Exactly this. Let's bask in a few wins for a bit. It's great not having to worry about the Villa for a few days. Gives a chance to focus on the more trivial aspects of life like work, family and the impending nuclear apocalypse.

Plus, some of the potato references have been getting a bit stale recently. Think we all need to have a little break and come back after the international break really firing on all solanales.

(See?! That one doesn't even work!)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #6989 on: September 28, 2017, 11:25:35 AM »
I guess it depends, if the ambition for the season is to try to make the playoffs then he gets more leeway.  If it's to be in the top 2 a defeat on Saturday could easily leave us 7 points short of that.  probably not enough to deserve the sack but certainly a big enough gap that the discussion doesn't go away.

I think this is the bit that's causing the problem really, we are so used to how poor we've been that 3 wins in a row and 4 wins and 3 draws in 7 seems like great form but in truth that's just on target for what we want to achieve.

Last season Newcastle had a run of 13 wins in 15 games (40 points total in that spell) and Brighton had a run of 14 wins in 18 games (46 points in that spell).  1 run like that and the rest of the season avoiding a bad spell (Both went 3 games without a win twice all season and neither went more than that, we've gone 3 without a win twice in 10 games).  This run needs to be built on and needs to stretch to 14-15 games undefeated and with 10+ wins or we'll always be off the pace.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal