collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2114447 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6720 on: September 22, 2017, 05:05:14 PM »
its so depressing when i have to wait 50 mins before I see any villa highlights on that Channel 5 footy programme.

We get a decent 4-5 minutes when we're the TV game as will be the case for tomorrow's show.

I know it's fashionable to slag off the channel 5 show but I honestly don't think it's that bad and not worse than when the BBC showed the highlights.

not saying its bad   but they show about 8 other games first..

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #6721 on: September 22, 2017, 05:09:34 PM »
Scales fell off your eyes? You've been against him since prior to his appointment and have never given Bruce a chance at any stage.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #6722 on: September 22, 2017, 05:13:23 PM »
Scales fell off your eyes? You've been against him since prior to his appointment and have never given Bruce a chance at any stage.

Yeah I know that

the scales thing was about other things

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6723 on: September 22, 2017, 05:19:51 PM »
I'd like to win this league every year and refuse promotion.
I like that. Win about 25 games every season and thrash most who turn up VP.😊

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #6724 on: September 22, 2017, 05:43:59 PM »

That's do me Dave!

Winning competitive games in this league is perfect, getting back on the 'race to 40pts' year in year out is not particularly appealing if I'm honest.  Treading water ala Stoke / Everton is the best anyone can hope for without huge investment which when you look at the likes of Spurs or Liverpool or Arsenal they have been sat for years in a position to push the button, splash the cash & go for it, none have done which makes you wonder outside Chelsea & the two Manchesters will anyone do it again?

I've long thought that if we win the FA Cup that's it for me, season ticket hung up, it won't get better than that.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #6725 on: September 22, 2017, 06:59:45 PM »
To those saying it's going to be a long slow process to get promoted, especially if we don't go up this season, just remember that Huddersfield finished 19th in the Championship just over a year ago and are now holding their own in the PL.

You can get promoted quickly and cheaply, but you need a bright, progressive manager who knows what he's doing plus a squad that totally buys in to his methods. This is what's we're currently lacking.
I think this is about right. The club had been mismanaged over many years and the appointment of the team manager had been really fucked up.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #6726 on: September 22, 2017, 08:15:42 PM »
You can get highlights on sky sports by about 530 every Saturday

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6727 on: September 22, 2017, 08:51:42 PM »

That's do me Dave!

Winning competitive games in this league is perfect, getting back on the 'race to 40pts' year in year out is not particularly appealing if I'm honest.  Treading water ala Stoke / Everton is the best anyone can hope for without huge investment which when you look at the likes of Spurs or Liverpool or Arsenal they have been sat for years in a position to push the button, splash the cash & go for it, none have done which makes you wonder outside Chelsea & the two Manchesters will anyone do it again?

I've long thought that if we win the FA Cup that's it for me, season ticket hung up, it won't get better than that.
What's with all the losers talk guys? We're still Aston Villa and I refuse to believe that we can't compete with the best anymore. We're a long way off it right now but I go to Villa park every week with the hope in my heart that we'll win and given time we will once again rise to the top where the cream will always eventually be. My dad taught me that and I've taught my kids and they will teach their kids. As it always has been as it always will be. Amen.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #6728 on: September 22, 2017, 10:49:21 PM »
We were Aston Villa, emphasis on the word were. The thing I see before me is a broken, cob Webbed version of something I used to feel very proud of. I am actually embarrassed to tell people I meet that I am an Aston Villa fan. Thanks Lerner, O'Neill, Fox, Bruce, Sherwood, Reilly, et al. You have ruined football for me. Crap football in a crap division. Our fans are fucking brilliant. Turn up week in, week out and yet what is served up you would expect to find in a developing country.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #6729 on: September 22, 2017, 10:55:17 PM »
We were Aston Villa, emphasis on the word were. The thing I see before me is a broken, cob Webbed version of something I used to feel very proud of. I am actually embarrassed to tell people I meet that I am an Aston Villa fan. Thanks Lerner, O'Neill, Fox, Bruce, Sherwood, Reilly, et al. You have ruined football for me. Crap football in a crap division. Our fans are fucking brilliant. Turn up week in, week out and yet what is served up you would expect to find in a developing country.

I might be embarrassed by results and even by whole seasons on occasions but I would never be embarrassed to be a Villa fan.

If you think we have stopped being Aston Villa does that mean we stopped being Aston Villa when we were in the third division and the European cup was won by someone else?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:57:14 PM by Damo70 »

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #6730 on: September 23, 2017, 07:15:37 AM »
Imagine the stoicism you must have supporting Hartlepool!

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #6731 on: September 23, 2017, 08:33:48 AM »

I might be embarrassed by results and even by whole seasons on occasions but I would never be embarrassed to be a Villa fan.

If you think we have stopped being Aston Villa does that mean we stopped being Aston Villa when we were in the third division and the European cup was won by someone else?

No of course not. We were once mighty but Ellis screwed that up when he came back. Lerner screwed it up even more after a decent start. Perhaps it's just the current plight, soon to be consigned to history with us going on a 35 game unbeaten run and winning promotion. I still support Villa, of course I do. But I want us awake and competing. I don't see it at the moment but I hope it comes back.   

Hartlepool? wtf!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #6732 on: September 23, 2017, 09:53:52 AM »
I could live with the Ellis years '82-'84 or '87-06. Although I wouldn't mind editing out certain seasons of the latter.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6733 on: September 23, 2017, 09:56:38 AM »
We are Aston Villa. Emphasis on the words "We are Aston Villa"
It doesn't matter what the current owners do. It doesn't matter what the current management do. It doesn't matter what the current players do "We are Aston Villa"
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:58:35 AM by The Edge »

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #6734 on: September 23, 2017, 09:59:53 AM »
“Villa have been a great club, are still a great club, and always will be a great club.” - Frederick Rinder, 1936.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal