collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113836 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6225 on: September 16, 2017, 12:51:06 AM »
 He's come a long way short.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6226 on: September 16, 2017, 12:57:11 AM »
I'm very disappointed and really surprised, given his record.
I think KWyness, the others I/c and Dr Tony feel equally let down.

If the team don't completely own tomorrow's match, he's toast.

And then, we go again, and somebody else has weeks to achieve. Thing is, we know they have decent players, so whoever it is needs to motivate rather than complain.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #6227 on: September 16, 2017, 01:42:42 AM »
There was 29000 odd on the gate and 1100 Boro.
From AVFC siteGame details

Match: Villa v Middlesbrough
Date: September 12, 2017
Competition: Sky Bet Championship
Venue: Villa Park
Kick-off: 7.45pm
Attendance: 26,631
Weather:  13c, rain

Chemical Ads, the right hand man of Saddam Bruce.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #6228 on: September 16, 2017, 01:50:59 AM »
What frustrates me, going back to MON is managers that think because we have (had) money, the normal rules don't apply. You need, like almost 99.9% of football managers/coaches around the world, to trade. MON knew he'd wasted the money and our 'bomb squad' were worth peanuts. He ran away like the cluelsss coward he is, before taking the responsibility. Bruce seems to think he's had no money but the squad is and has always been his to manage.

Right now, I'm struggling to see how he can justify his investments, players that have failed for him that again are worth peanuts. The real question is, did he badly buy or has he badly managed? Lansbury, Bjork, Samba, Terry, Elmo, Hogan, Whelan,even Houriane. Are they all worthless?

It's like bringing together a classical orchestra full of talented musicians then handing the baton to a lollipop lady.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6229 on: September 16, 2017, 01:55:35 AM »
Today was the sort of presser a manager on his last legs gives. He is almost the knight in Monty python now.  He knitted he's jumped the shark, he knows what he's done isn't good enough and he does not have the attacking skill to turn it round. A bit like an out of form batsman, we need to get out there and take a few swings and play with a bit of freedom to Gibbs form but that's not in Bruce's DNA.  Press conferences like today make me think he's been told lose and your out Steve.

He has.

Good. Fucking best news all week. And I never want us to lose but... Seriously though tomorrow has all the hallmarks of what happened at Preston 12 months ago. We'll get beaten tomorrow because he will go in trying not to lose and we will concede and fall apart.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6230 on: September 16, 2017, 01:57:51 AM »

And then, we go again, and somebody else has weeks to achieve. Thing is, we know they have decent players, so whoever it is needs to motivate rather than complain.

Lou, Dr X's absence from Twitter suggests he has been forced to flush his mobile down the loo or handed it off to the tea lady before he says something daft in his rage. An approach that the US govt should take with that twat Trump. I don't think any of them saw it being this bad yet again.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
« Reply #6231 on: September 16, 2017, 02:08:52 AM »

Lou, Dr X's absence from Twitter suggests he has been forced to flush his mobile down the loo or handed it off to the tea lady before he says something daft in his rage. An approach that the US govt should take with that twat Trump. I don't think any of them saw it being this bad yet again.

It's not looking good, is it?
However, I am hoping for the turn in our fortunes tomorrow.

As you have said( elsewhere) a Villa fan does not hope for anything but a victory.

Come on, SB.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #6232 on: September 16, 2017, 02:49:09 AM »
Once a manager is down to "lose tomorrow and you're out" I really don't see the point in not sacking him straight after the previous game. The board have obviously lost faith in him, he knows they have and it just seems a waste of another game or two before he is sacked.

I totally agree. Why give him that ultimatum? Does that mean if we win he will be sacked after the next loss whether that loss is the following game or in three or four games time? Don't give him the dreaded public vote of confidence but privately back him or sack him.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #6233 on: September 16, 2017, 03:20:28 AM »
Today was the sort of presser a manager on his last legs gives. He is almost the knight in Monty python now.  He knitted he's jumped the shark, he knows what he's done isn't good enough and he does not have the attacking skill to turn it round. A bit like an out of form batsman, we need to get out there and take a few swings and play with a bit of freedom to Gibbs form but that's not in Bruce's DNA.  Press conferences like today make me think he's been told lose and your out Steve.

He has.

Good. Fucking best news all week. And I never want us to lose but... Seriously though tomorrow has all the hallmarks of what happened at Preston 12 months ago. We'll get beaten tomorrow because he will go in trying not to lose and we will concede and fall apart.

I should rephrase. He has been given a vote of confidence but with the caveat results must start turning in to immediate wins. Not "lose and you can  fuck off, Steve". It is what they mean though and he has been around long enough to work out the underlying message.

I would just get rid now as it has gone too far but Wyness has been taking the gun out of Tone's hand for a while. Lose tonight and he is toast. Maybe even a draw is enough to see him cast aside.

It is what they have been doing to find a new bloke that might be the problem. I am not aware of us sounding out anyone but dont know what Round has been up to.

One way or another this is coming to a head very soon though. If it is some duffer like Moyes to replace him then we are screwed.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #6234 on: September 16, 2017, 04:08:40 AM »
I fear we'd be nailed on to get Moyes so for that reason - and I grant you it is a crap one - I'd stick with Bruce a little while longer.

Offline KRS

« Reply #6235 on: September 16, 2017, 06:07:39 AM »
Just watched his interview on SSN...he couldn't be anymore patronising if he tried. He's very much going down the DOL route if he carries on targeting the fans with all this talk of "hysteria" instead of taking responsibility himself for the shit performances and results.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #6236 on: September 16, 2017, 06:25:20 AM »
I don't really care what he says in the pressers

Just do it on the pitch

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #6237 on: September 16, 2017, 07:34:30 AM »
I agree Matt. If we were winning on the pitch no one would care what he said. But we are not, so it becomes an issue.

Offline Risso

« Reply #6238 on: September 16, 2017, 07:40:19 AM »
I agree Matt. If we were winning on the pitch no one would care what he said. But we are not, so it becomes an issue.

Exactly. It's not like it's a temporary blip either, he's been poor pretty much since he arrived with no sign that things are going to change for the better.  I think he knows his days are numbered, or he'd be saying things a bit differently to try to keep the fans onside.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6239 on: September 16, 2017, 08:02:17 AM »
I don't really care what he says in the pressers

Just do it on the pitch

I agree. It's on the pitch that matters. Whatever he says to the media doesn't really bother me that much.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal