collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113575 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #600 on: February 21, 2017, 07:54:46 AM »
Yes, stubbsandy I have built and run a number of successful businesses and I am very critical of the current state of affairs at Villa Park.  Success in every walk of life is down to timing.  Do things when they need to be done and you will prosper, do too little too late and you will fail.  If you see a failing in a player you address it and correct it immediately.  What you don't do is shrug your shoulders and give the problem time to sort itself out.  It won't it will get worse.

If you see an employee stealing from you, you don't think perhaps he needs the money.  You put a stop to it.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #601 on: February 21, 2017, 07:58:57 AM »
The concern of the 3 teams coming up, our record is worse than theirs, they've got wins in there.

If we are to get rid, I hope they do a nose trick and have someone lined up to come in the next day, we have not got time to have a caretaker in there.

maybe we could bring Eric Black back for a few games as caretaker

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #602 on: February 21, 2017, 08:09:57 AM »
let's just apply to joint the Essex Sunday League instead, it'll save time and money. Eric Black!! a four letter word and it's not love, as Dylan said.

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #603 on: February 21, 2017, 08:11:58 AM »
Yes, stubbsandy I have built and run a number of successful businesses and I am very critical of the current state of affairs at Villa Park.  Success in every walk of life is down to timing.  Do things when they need to be done and you will prosper, do too little too late and you will fail.  If you see a failing in a player you address it and correct it immediately.  What you don't do is shrug your shoulders and give the problem time to sort itself out.  It won't it will get worse.

If you see an employee stealing from you, you don't think perhaps he needs the money.  You put a stop to it.
Yes well put, good points

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #604 on: February 21, 2017, 08:12:22 AM »
It's almost surreal now, how shit we've gone.

I honestly, truly believed that Bruce would come in and turn it around. For a while it looked like he would. Things are as bad now as at any time in the last 5 years. How much worse does it get before it starts to get better? Is there another club that has had a shitter run of form than Villa? We look to be completely fucked. Where will the next Ron Saunders / Graham Taylor come from? I can't think of anyone out there now who we could realistically bring in to sort this mess out. Anyone got any ideas?

Dean Smith. Brentford total footballed us twice this season (not that's saying much). He's a Villa Fan and I think would still walk here. Based on not knowing anything myself, but you'd think he would.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #605 on: February 21, 2017, 08:12:27 AM »
These are sack-able results and performances. I don't see him turning this around, if we stay up it's because there are worse teams. Not because we're showing any fight or quality.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #606 on: February 21, 2017, 08:19:25 AM »

I honestly, truly believed that Bruce would come in and turn it around. For a while it looked like he would. Things are as bad now as at any time in the last 5 years. How much worse does it get before it starts to get better? Is there another club that has had a shitter run of form than Villa? We look to be completely fucked. Where will the next Ron Saunders / Graham Taylor come from? I can't think of anyone out there now who we could realistically bring in to sort this mess out. Anyone got any ideas?

Dean Smith. Brentford total footballed us twice this season (not that's saying much). He's a Villa Fan and I think would still walk here. Based on not knowing anything myself, but you'd think he would.

Yoy could argue though that if the job's too big for Bruce, it might be even tougher for someone only used to managing league one sized sides.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #607 on: February 21, 2017, 08:21:23 AM »
The run now is worse than last season in terms of losses ..If this was start of season he would have been sacked already.

We were fairly solid for 40 mins but it was clear we were once again relying on Kojia to create or score single handily .Hogan got poor balls played to him and even when he got the ball he did nothing as be was marshalled by both Newcastle CBs .He sacrificed attacking threat for hardworking Bjarnason who once again looks very ordinary

I understand need for stability but if we do nothing we are going down..I see literally nothing to suggest we can stay up ..And Bruce clearing out all the attackers and leaving us just Hogan Gabby and Kodjia looks a massive balls up.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #608 on: February 21, 2017, 08:26:17 AM »
If we lost the next 3 (Derby h, Bristol C h and Rotherham a) then I think his position would be untenable.

it already should be untenable

the single reason that he is still here is because we have got through a load of managers before him and he got lucky being the man we decided to stick with for perception and stability

the fact that he's the worst of the lot is irrelevant

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #609 on: February 21, 2017, 08:37:32 AM »

Mark Warburton?

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #610 on: February 21, 2017, 08:38:01 AM »
Just when you didn't expect things to get worse; Bruce has surprised me. Especially after a solid start - which, looking back, we was pretty shit, and played pretty poorly.

God, man - this is bad. I'm starting to either not give a fuck, or maybe, I've gone past the point of anger. Anyway, I suppose having a poor manager is a better problem to have than having an owner who doesn't give a shit. At least Dr Tony cares and is trying to get it right.

Sorry.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #611 on: February 21, 2017, 08:39:26 AM »

Mark Warburton?
I think we should be looking, or maybe having a look around at a manager who has a modern outlook. A style of play and fitness that is sustainable. This Bruce style of not being very good at much is now out-dated. And is clearly not going to win us many points.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #612 on: February 21, 2017, 08:44:11 AM »
I've supported Bruce up to now despite being a bit meh about his appointment. He has been backed in his decision to change the squad in january so the club hierarchy can quite categorically point at him to stay it's up to you to get this right we've kept our promise. In my view he has until the Rotherham game to save his job, and if he gets sacked after that he can have no complaints.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #613 on: February 21, 2017, 08:56:44 AM »
Obviously if he loses another three (or perhaps loses two and draws one) he'd have to be replaced, but it's not just about the short-term. Personally, I'd be averse to changing the manager in a relegation battle unless absolutely necessary, but if we make it to the summer without the team having gone on some stellar run of form I can't see why we should entrust pre-season to him.

Our objectives ought to be: survive this; relieve Bruce of the burden of managing this ridiculously dysfunctional club; hire an ahead-of-the-curve manager with a vision for completely reshaping everything at the club. Because we can't just muddle along, appointing quick-fix trad Brit blokes who are good in a firefight but have no clue how to build something up from the ashes.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 09:02:16 AM by Monty »

Offline cheadlevilla

« Reply #614 on: February 21, 2017, 08:58:21 AM »
I simply have no idea where we go next... we've tried the ''steady but proven'' Uk manager, the ''young up and coming''UK manager,
the ''sophisticated foreign coach''. nothing has worked. This all does suggest that the problem is in the whole ethos of the club and the training regime and yet we've changed all that too.
It must be the canteen's fault. maybe theyre lacing the lunches with Ritalin?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal