collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2126959 times)

Offline Pvb1968

Re: Bruce out!!1@"*!1£$%
« Reply #20040 on: September 24, 2018, 08:19:23 PM »
It wouldn't take much to put a promotion push together with the right appointment. Just been watching the man city thing on prime, thoroughly enjoyable, I've never met pep but if he asked me to run through a brick wall I would, really like his style and very humble, I know it's a galaxy away from us but it's not just the money at man city, everything is moving in the same direction and they don't carry the arrogance of utd or Liverpool.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #20041 on: September 24, 2018, 08:23:44 PM »
I’m more worried about our potato head not being up to the challenge than the bulk head.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #20042 on: September 24, 2018, 08:23:52 PM »
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/john-mcginn-scored-the-goal-of-the-season-and-it-still-wasnt-enough-for-aston-villa-200890

good write up

how most of us see it

Just as telling is this article about Bruce from 2011 that is linked to in the one above as  "I'm not really into tactics".

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/nov/30/steve-bruce-sunderland-sacked

Sound familiar?
It's astonishingly familiar isn't it?
A story repeated at Villa - just change the names!
Even the wouldn't be accepted because he was a Geordie.

Wow. Someone needs to show this to the owners.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20043 on: September 24, 2018, 08:37:21 PM »

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #20044 on: September 24, 2018, 08:48:35 PM »

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #20045 on: September 24, 2018, 08:54:02 PM »
I'm fucking hating all this. Have I got to go back to not minding Sunderland? I'd only just got used to bracketing them in with their can't-take-a-joke uppity neighbours. Bruce out!

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #20046 on: September 24, 2018, 08:55:45 PM »
But if the design of the transverse bulkheads had been adequate, the flooding would have been contained to bulkhead one. The ship doesn't list, doesn't sink, evacuated and limps into New York denying Ghostbusters 2 a gag. Ships impact debris, especially pre-sonar.

I challenge that there are more adequate historical references than this one.

All pun and much mirth, but isn't the hole in this particular metoprhic amusement the issue with the Titanic sinking as a consequence of the design? With the bulkheads sequentially flooding into the adjacent "watertight" bulkheads once full and causing the listing and rapid sinking rather than containing the flood.

So while crashing into an Iceberg isn't the best thing for a Captain to allow, it was more how the vessel was constructed.

Ergo, what you're all saying is Aston Villa is the intrinsically flawed behemoth, destined to sink regardless of who crews her. So Bruce might as well stay, for it matters not; wyrd bið ful aræd?

I think you’re underestimating the role hitting the iceberg played to be honest.  If it hadn’t hit the berg how the bulkheads were constructed would have been irrelevant.

It's all very well you two employing the flowery language of Romantic poets, but there are footballers out there and we have no idea whether they're going to get their boots on, which is all we can ask of them.

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #20047 on: September 24, 2018, 08:58:09 PM »
Question.
What does Bruce actually do? I ask this whilst remembering what the wonderful Graham Taylor did as a manager of the team and the club. I don't think people will ever realise how influential he was.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #20048 on: September 24, 2018, 09:02:45 PM »
For once everybody is right.  The bulkheads were adequately designed for the perceived dangers.  The flaw in their effectiveness was that nobody designing them thought that they would all be breached by a ship long slit in the hull not a hole or holes.  The motto?  Think things through.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #20049 on: September 24, 2018, 09:16:01 PM »
It really does feel like a large proportion of the support has turned against him.
Of course, we can’t really judge the mood based on internet message boards like this, but I hope this is a fair reflection of the mood amongst most fans.

My worry is that the club is sleepwalking into a situation where they keep him “for stability” sake, and it ends up being too late to salvage this season.

I hope they are ruthless, but given the complete radio silence from the whole management team since they joined, we really have no idea how they operate or what to expect from them.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #20050 on: September 24, 2018, 09:24:43 PM »
It really does feel like a large proportion of the support has turned against him.
Of course, we can’t really judge the mood based on internet message boards like this, but I hope this is a fair reflection of the mood amongst most fans.

A good question.  My experience is internet forums always attract the extreme of opinion and to some extent we wind each other up and it becomes self perpetuating.  A good few of my friends still feel he should be given more time.  There certainly wasn't much dissent at the end of the game in the seats around me in the Trinity - I was the only one in earshot giving him pelters at the end.  So whilst I do think the mood is shifting, I don't think it's anywhere near as universal as it is on here.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #20051 on: September 24, 2018, 09:26:56 PM »

My worry is that the club is sleepwalking into a situation where they keep him “for stability” sake, and it ends up being too late to salvage this season.

I hope they are ruthless, but given the complete radio silence from the whole management team since they joined, we really have no idea how they operate or what to expect from them.

As stated previously when the final whistle went, after the match on Saturday, the "Bruce Out" chants were quite vociferous

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #20052 on: September 24, 2018, 09:29:25 PM »
It was very loud in the Holte Lower, which is to many, myself included, the heartbeat of the fan base.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #20053 on: September 24, 2018, 09:33:30 PM »
It may have seemed loud if you were in the middle of it, but it really didn’t appear to be so from where I was in the upper DE.
Let’s hope they don’t need to get more noticeable before the powers that be, act.

Offline mike

« Reply #20054 on: September 24, 2018, 09:48:45 PM »
I think in view of the 20 point deduction scare stories, they can't afford the combo.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal