collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113657 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: Bruce out!!1@"*!1£$%
« Reply #19845 on: September 22, 2018, 11:31:14 PM »
Henry with a top assistant and a good sporting director would be miles better than this.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #19846 on: September 22, 2018, 11:31:25 PM »
Bruce has said after the game "I ain't ever going to walk away from a challenge".

Except he did just that at Sheffield United, Wigan, Palace, Small Heath, Wigan a second time and Hull.
“I ain’t ever going to walk away from...” a large payout that presumably comes if he gets the sack but nothing if he jogs on of his own accord.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #19847 on: September 23, 2018, 12:14:07 AM »
The thing is, he looks tired, he looks and acts like a has been Manager, happy to try and get by on a bit of joviality at Press Conferences and probably in the dressing room to mask his lack of ability these days.  The game has passed him by, his style is from a bygone era - it is quite sad but sometimes you just have to accept the inevitable.  The new breed of managers are studious, they do tactics, they study the opposition, they are agile and able to change tactics during games and be effective.  He belongs now with the other relics, Sam, Moyes etc. 

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #19848 on: September 23, 2018, 12:23:56 AM »
The thing is, he looks tired, he looks and acts like a has been Manager, happy to try and get by on a bit of joviality at Press Conferences and probably in the dressing room to mask his lack of ability these days.  The game has passed him by, his style is from a bygone era - it is quite sad but sometimes you just have to accept the inevitable.  The new breed of managers are studious, they do tactics, they study the opposition, they are agile and able to change tactics during games and be effective.  He belongs now with the other relics, Sam, Moyes etc. 

I agree with the crux of you argument,  but Fat Sam was in fact at the forefront of using Sports Science and Psychology in English football.  This is well documented, and the main the main reason he was employed as the manager of the national team. 

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #19849 on: September 23, 2018, 12:34:46 AM »
The man has such an array of attacking talent at his disposal - McGinn, Hourihane, Lansbury, Jack, Bolasie, Abraham, Hogan, Kodjia, Adomah - no other club in this league has such talent.

The most damning legacy of his tenure will be that he completely failed to use the talent at his disposal.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #19850 on: September 23, 2018, 01:11:19 AM »
Quite right. It's actually quite an achievement to nullify all of that talent so comprehensively. 

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #19851 on: September 23, 2018, 01:33:56 AM »
He has to go. I feel for the guy after what he’s been through this year - that can affect anyone’s performance at work and may be a contributory factor to his bizarre decision-making - but for the good all parties we bloody well need a break from each other. For me though, he’s nowhere near a knob of O’Dreary proportions as has been suggested in some quarters. O’D was superior, cold and arrogant, while I can imagine having a pint with SB.

So it’s thanks but bye. Reckon he’ll go this week and persisting with Jedinak will (among other things) have cost him his job.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #19852 on: September 23, 2018, 01:51:15 AM »
Well his “I never walk away from a challenge” despite being factually incorrect as he’s walked away from lots of “challenges “ in his managerial career, is simply code for “I’m not walking away from a pay out”.

Which will further stuff us for FFP that he is largely responsible for stuffing us for. Great innit.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #19853 on: September 23, 2018, 07:25:37 AM »
He has to go. I feel for the guy after what he’s been through this year - that can affect anyone’s performance at work and may be a contributory factor to his bizarre decision-making - but for the good all parties we bloody well need a break from each other. For me though, he’s nowhere near a knob of O’Dreary proportions as has been suggested in some quarters. O’D was superior, cold and arrogant, while I can imagine having a pint with SB.

So it’s thanks but bye. Reckon he’ll go this week and persisting with Jedinak will (among other things) have cost him his job.

I might be being unkind but I am getting very annoyed by this excuse that the death of his parents is a factor in his woeful performance. We have been the same pretty much since he got here.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #19854 on: September 23, 2018, 07:31:44 AM »
If the board don't act now the season is gone, simple as that.

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #19855 on: September 23, 2018, 07:37:55 AM »
If the board don't act now the season is gone, simple as that.

Absolutely right. I supported his appointment, but he has disappointed in spades. “Disappointed”. There’s a good word. Bruce should be dis-appointed, i.e. sacked, whatever it costs, before the players’ morales get any lower.

“Morale, also known as esprit de corps, is the capacity of a group's members to maintain belief in an institution or goal, particularly in the face of opposition or hardship.”

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 07:40:52 AM by alanclare »

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #19856 on: September 23, 2018, 08:32:18 AM »
The chopping and changing pisses me off. Players like Tuanzebe need a run of games - he was good at Blackburn with Chester, but Bruce drops him for the lumbering Jedinak in the next game. It just undermines a players confidence  El Ghazi, Bjarnason etc., have endured similar treatment. The sooner Bruce is out the better.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #19857 on: September 23, 2018, 08:40:20 AM »
The man has such an array of attacking talent at his disposal - McGinn, Hourihane, Lansbury, Jack, Bolasie, Abraham, Hogan, Kodjia, Adomah - no other club in this league has such talent.

The most damning legacy of his tenure will be that he completely failed to use the talent at his disposal.
It’s the combination of (i) aimless passing across the back, (ii) slow speed of thinking in releasing the ball, (iii) lack of movement upfront, and (iv) midfielders who are not breaking quickly forward very often.
When we play 2 wingers (of which I’m not really a fan), we have to release them early; we don’t. And, we need to have players haring into the box; we don’t.
And, Villafirst makes a good point, above, too and selection inconsistency.

When Bruce attacks the fans, he insults us because - based on what i read here - many seem to have a better idea than him about what is going wrong and therefore what needs to be done

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19858 on: September 23, 2018, 08:43:20 AM »
There isn't one standout team this year in the Championship, so its a perfect opportunity for promotion. With the squad we have there are no excuses. Yet I don't have any confidence that Bruce will turn this around. Each week with Bruce in charge makes promotion more unlikely. The board have to act.

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #19859 on: September 23, 2018, 08:43:57 AM »
Very small chance of going up imo because we have no defence end of.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal