collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113175 times)

Offline mike

Re: Bruce out!!1@"*!1£$%
« Reply #19815 on: September 22, 2018, 08:44:56 PM »

We will never accept him truly as he managed them lot down the road. 

Are you taking the piss? I really hope so.

If not you are a fucking idiot.

I always liked him when he managed them. I liked McLeish, too. They both achieved ok-ish in their time there. The reason I didn’t want either of them to manage us was purely because they weren’t good enough for us. That puts me in a select group of nearly everyone I should think, but he will still try to say it has something to do with the reaction of Villa fans to him rather than the fact that he has massively under achieved.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #19816 on: September 22, 2018, 08:46:08 PM »
Yes Des I am still going.  I said I would give him the first 10 games then if we are still shit I will stay home.  I have had so much surgery on my eyes I can't  drive (safely) after dark so the clocks going back will make the decision for me.  The Malandro would drive me because he is that kind of guy but he wants Bruce gone as much as I do.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #19817 on: September 22, 2018, 08:47:27 PM »

We will never accept him truly as he managed them lot down the road. 

Are you taking the piss? I really hope so.

If not you are a fucking idiot.

I always liked him when he managed them. I liked McLeish, too. They both achieved ok-ish in their time there. The reason I didn’t want either of them to manage us was purely because they weren’t good enough for us. That puts me in a select group of nearly everyone I should think, but he will still try to say it has something to do with the reaction of Villa fans to him rather than the fact that he has massively under achieved.

Agreed. Just take a look at the 5-1 response.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #19818 on: September 22, 2018, 08:51:35 PM »
Yes Des I am still going.  I said I would give him the first 10 games then if we are still shit I will stay home.  I have had so much surgery on my eyes I can't  drive (safely) after dark so the clocks going back will make the decision for me.  The Malandro would drive me because he is that kind of guy but he wants Bruce gone as much as I do.

Drive you to any game Brian. Bruce will be gone soon anyways.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #19819 on: September 22, 2018, 09:03:58 PM »
By the way, I made an accord with my pal earlier. We shan't return until this poltroon is removed. And I mean it.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #19820 on: September 22, 2018, 09:07:03 PM »
He has to go. We've passed that point now.

Anyone still want him to stay? Would be interested in the reasons!

We will miss out on the play offs if he stays majority of the season imo.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #19821 on: September 22, 2018, 09:07:08 PM »
By the way, I made an accord with my pal earlier. We shan't return until this poltroon is removed. And I mean it.

Speak like a pirate day was Wednesday Chelts!

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #19822 on: September 22, 2018, 09:10:05 PM »
Didn't go today and really miss my days out at the villa but I'm not going again while we have this idiot managing us. Bloody miss my days out...Bruce ...please just go

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #19823 on: September 22, 2018, 09:14:21 PM »
Don't forget, if you ever want to change your vote just click the "Remove Vote" button and your vote will be removed and you can then choose another option.

Even though my vote was "yes" I just removed it, purely so as I could to vote to sack the lying git again.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #19824 on: September 22, 2018, 09:14:33 PM »

Speak like a pirate day was Wednesday Chelts!

What say you, Jack Sparrer, do we have an accord?

Either you kill the useless fat ****** or I will.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #19825 on: September 22, 2018, 09:24:10 PM »
he's made such a fuck up of managing the squad that we're mooking around looking at the likes of a 93 year old James Collins to come in at CB, despite the fact that he moved Elphick on, and despite Tuanzabe being a CB he refuses to actually play there.

He's fucked it up big time, and his not-my-fault-not-ever defensiveness is reaching O'Learian levels.

He's exceeded them.

I think Bruce is far more likeable than O'Leary ever was. I think O'Leary did a good job in difficult circumstances in his first season but then seemed to lose the plot and vanish up his own arse. I managed to like Bruce as a bloke even when he was involved with Manure and Small Heath and still like him now but even watching and listening to the EFL on Quest now Colin Murray and Stephen Warnock are talking about him as a dead man walking and discussing which direction the club will go in regarding a replacement. Talksport have started to peddle the same vibe after months and months of not having a bad word to say about him. The jungle drums and smoke signals are looking very ominous for Bruce regardless of what is being said on here.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #19826 on: September 22, 2018, 09:24:56 PM »
It’s time, we’re going nowhere. Luckily the division is shit so a new man still has a great chance. But Bruce has run out of excuses. This is 100% on him.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #19827 on: September 22, 2018, 09:32:38 PM »
5 points off top, make the change now before its to late.

Offline frank black

« Reply #19828 on: September 22, 2018, 09:42:13 PM »
he's made such a fuck up of managing the squad that we're mooking around looking at the likes of a 93 year old James Collins to come in at CB, despite the fact that he moved Elphick on, and despite Tuanzabe being a CB he refuses to actually play there.

He's fucked it up big time, and his not-my-fault-not-ever defensiveness is reaching O'Learian levels.

He's exceeded them.

I think Bruce is far more likeable than O'Leary ever was. I think O'Leary did a good job in difficult circumstances in his first season but then seemed to lose the plot and vanish up his own arse. I managed to like Bruce as a bloke even when he was involved with Manure and Small Heath and still like him now but even watching and listening to the EFL on Quest now Colin Murray and Stephen Warnock are talking about him as a dead man walking and discussing which direction the club will go in regarding a replacement. Talksport have started to peddle the same vibe after months and months of not having a bad word to say about him. The jungle drums and smoke signals are looking very ominous for Bruce regardless of what is being said on here.

I’m watching quest now on catchup, not heard any thing  about bruce replacement stuff. Warnock has made the obvious statement about us not replacing Terry and Jedinak being our soft spot

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #19829 on: September 22, 2018, 09:42:24 PM »
Bruce has said after the game "I ain't ever going to walk away from a challenge".

Except he did just that at Sheffield United, Wigan, Palace, Small Heath, Wigan a second time and Hull.

An exceedingly good point Damo.

Yes I clocked that as well - bottled it at several clubs, wish he'd do the same here.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal