collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2131935 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Bruce out!
« Reply #19515 on: September 20, 2018, 07:44:02 AM »
Yes we are ‘only’ 5 points off the pacesetters.
But, we’ve only played 8 games, and pretty much everyone would agree we have had a very favourable set if fixtures.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #19516 on: September 20, 2018, 07:50:06 AM »
I wonder if cutting one of the coaching staff will be next.

Said before but we don't need all of Clemence, Agnew and Calderwood on the training pitch particularly with the mediocre football on show. Most clubs get by with an assistant and first team coach so wouldn't shock me if we see one leave probably Clemence.

To put it into perspective, it probably costs us more to pay Micah Richards a months wage than it does to pay Agnew and Clemence for a whole year. Our football isnt great on the whole, I don't see how cutting a coach could make a positive impact. If anything, it will just give Brucey another excuse for his ongoing mediocre performance.
If we want a sustained upturn in performance/results/club culture they all need the bloody bullet. The problem is performance is subjective and every time they collectively get to the precipice they go on a mini run of results that puts it off for another 6months.

Im not going to worry about it anymore. If we dont go up this year he and they leave regardless im 100% sure about that. If we do go up then we cant complain

Offline mike

« Reply #19517 on: September 20, 2018, 08:48:22 AM »
I have this horrible feeling gnawing at me that the new owners may be no better than Lerner or Xia.  I look at, and listen to Bruce and it is Groundhog Day on a loop.

I've been pinning my hopes on the idea that they're playing a long game, writing off this season to go hell for leather next with a manager who will get us promoted and consolidate us in the top of the premiership the season after that. I'm rapidly thinking that they are in fact rich men who know very little about football.

Based on what? The fact they haven’t sacked Bruce?

If say we were to lose to Sheff Wed and Bristol then I suspect he’d (rightly) be shown the door but whilst we remain in the hunt for promotion, 4 points is hardly an insurmountable gap bearing in mind the league looks bang average, then they’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yep, I find it odd that they're being questioned already. They and the new CEO haven't even got their feet under the table yet and it's only September. Besides, I doubt they will stand for too many more results like up at Sheffield. I think a bit of patience is in order personally.

It’s not the fact they haven’t sacked Bruce. I’ve said lots of times I can see the logic in keeping him until we have the right replacement, even if that means no promotion this year. What has made me worried is that they’ve sacked the scout who was opposed to Bruce’s policy of ‘experienced” players and favoured recruiting young talent. I’m just hoping that isn’t an indication that they actually quite like Bruce’s way of doing things.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #19518 on: September 20, 2018, 09:05:30 AM »
well if he's still with us in January it will be interesting to see the type of player he brings in, or not.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #19519 on: September 20, 2018, 09:08:56 AM »
I have this horrible feeling gnawing at me that the new owners may be no better than Lerner or Xia.  I look at, and listen to Bruce and it is Groundhog Day on a loop.

Blimey, give them a chance.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #19520 on: September 20, 2018, 09:11:47 AM »
I know it can be pretty pessimistic in here at times, but shit me.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #19521 on: September 20, 2018, 09:14:24 AM »
Of course I agree with you Mike.  This season or next season or the season after that is not the problem.  The problem is that we are crying out for some sign from the new owners that the old bump and grind, there or thereabouts mentality has been banished with Lerner and Xia's weak malleability.  We need vision, we need imagination and we need far sightedness at the top of the club.  There is as yet no sign of it only strop and bluster from the manager.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #19522 on: September 20, 2018, 09:16:46 AM »
But, we’ve only played 8 games, and pretty much everyone would agree we have had a very favourable set if fixtures.
Which is very worrying and so reminiscent of last season and season before. Optimists amongst us said the same things however we never adequately "caught up". Last season Wolves were show ponies and going to explode and same is being said about Leeds this season. At minimum we should be on 18 points now.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #19523 on: September 20, 2018, 09:25:12 AM »
I agree, many of those saying Leeds won’t last the pace were also confident that Cardiff would fall away last year, Wolves would struggle in the winter and Huddersfield the year before were nothing to worry about.

I’m more worried about the points we’ve dropped against shite teams than our league position.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #19524 on: September 20, 2018, 09:33:20 AM »
It's not based on a whim. I am sceptical because they have a small squad and a manager not keen on rotation, who has double training and a system and style which takes a lot out of you physically.

This time last year they were top with 17 points. The season before they started like a train.

Injuries to key players affected them and I don't think it's out the realms of possibility to consider the likelihood of injuries and fatigue may increase.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #19525 on: September 20, 2018, 09:38:37 AM »
It's not based on a whim. I am sceptical because they have a small squad and a manager not keen on rotation, who has double training and a system and style which takes a lot out of you physically.

This time last year they were top with 17 points. The season before they started like a train.

Injuries to key players affected them and I don't think it's out the realms of possibility to consider the likelihood of injuries and fatigue may increase.

I would think most teams are looking at our defence and similarly dismissing us.  An inury to Chester, and I think we are truly bollocksed.  Even with him fit, there's no way we're going up with Jedinak as a regular central defender, no matter what Bruce thinks after a single clean sheet.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #19526 on: September 20, 2018, 09:40:17 AM »
Winning creates winning.  A confident team is a successful team.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #19527 on: September 20, 2018, 09:41:27 AM »
And in those 8 games we've probably played well for about 90 minutes in total, and even that may be being generous.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #19528 on: September 20, 2018, 09:42:01 AM »
I'm more optimistic about getting promoted this season, with or without Bruce.
The midfield and attack is probably good enough for the division above.

If we can get a decent defender in January (or Terry now) we should have enough.

It would be a lot easier without Bruce.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #19529 on: September 20, 2018, 09:53:38 AM »
Regardless of whether you think Leeds will or won't fall apart, again, they're a two game turn around away so I can fully appreciate why the owners are content to see whatbthe CEO thinks, see what the new Sporting Director thinks. 5 points with 114 to play for provides time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal