collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2114511 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #15525 on: July 20, 2018, 09:36:46 AM »
Posting in the style of a kidnapper.

We need James Fitzgerald to come and profile him.

I can imagine he's got a room in his house covered a with photos of Steve Bruce and possibly a tattoo of him on his belly. I reckon poor Steve, when he met him, had to abandon his Rover Vitesse while trying to escape.

Yup, I was thinking the same. The bloke is full on cup of tea in an Aerialator insane.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #15526 on: July 20, 2018, 09:57:43 AM »
He'll be asking us all to meet is brother in Leeds next.

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #15527 on: July 20, 2018, 10:05:45 AM »
It really didn't hurt MON's bank balance did it ? ?

- when he scarpered.

Brucie will be even more cute with his "called from retirement"
pay-off.  :)

He can't walk-out..... that way he'll never get another job - England's Gone  ;D ...
He's "walked out twice" already over... 'Transfer /Investement' issues.
We could provide his perfect excuse... his loyal media jerks are already PRAISING him for his LOYALTY to us....

That's Rubbish...... IMO...Bruce has no remaining pay-off.
Failed Promotion and thus no bonus....
Image Rights... limited...IMO
NO Renewed Contract... CRUCIAL THAT  :)

He'll go...with his "Hull City" excuse...... spread by his sycophantic journos in advance.... "His Stress"- "His LOYALTY"- "HIS ANXIETY" - HIS DILEMNAS"...etc etc...

An affable guy when I've met him... but affabilty is meaningless when your looking to get the biggest dosh  :) :) :)

Reading this has given me vertigo, a nosebleed and hives.  Its almost as if a Donald Trump tweet and Borat had sex and this is the result.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #15528 on: July 20, 2018, 10:44:47 AM »
I'll hold my hand up and admit I don't remember it being particularly negative last summer but I'll concede that it wasn't great.  All goes off the point though, at times we've done ok under Bruce and looked like the sum of our parts but it's rarely happened when the pressure is on to get the result and the more important the game the more terrified we've looked. A good performance against Walsall in a friendly is far from enough to suggest he's going to address that problem.

I was very clear in saying that Bruce would not get us automatic promotion because he was not attack-minded enough and that the play-offs would be a lottery. I further said that we should get rid off him because of this.

My views have not changed. If you want more certainty of promotion, the Bruce approach is not the way. If you want to leave it to chance, he might be but that should not be a plan.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #15529 on: July 20, 2018, 10:48:23 AM »
I'll hold my hand up and admit I don't remember it being particularly negative last summer but I'll concede that it wasn't great.  All goes off the point though, at times we've done ok under Bruce and looked like the sum of our parts but it's rarely happened when the pressure is on to get the result and the more important the game the more terrified we've looked. A good performance against Walsall in a friendly is far from enough to suggest he's going to address that problem.

I was very clear in saying that Bruce would not get us automatic promotion because he was not attack-minded enough and that the play-offs would be a lottery. I further said that we should get rid off him because of this.

My views have not changed. If you want more certainty of promotion, the Bruce approach is not the way. If you want to leave it to chance, he might be but that should not be a plan.

So what is the way and who would you have bring in to do it? I.e. more certainty of promotion

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #15530 on: July 20, 2018, 10:59:48 AM »
the fact is no one individual can guarantee you promotion. Bruce looked a good historic bet as did Warnock. The latter won - but you just get the feeling that if he had been with us last season he wouldn't have done.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #15531 on: July 20, 2018, 11:51:44 AM »
I think the real flaw is in thinking that you should be guaranteed promotion.  The focus should be on making the most of our resources and allowing the results to largely take care of themselves because we've done the preparation and have a system and players that compliment each other so we're playing to our strengths.

How I look at it is we have a fantastic academy and reserve structure, they've over-achieved compared to the first team consistently for as long as I can remember. Therefore our focus should be on finding ways to open up the path through to the fist team for these players, how do we ensure they hit the ground running?  We need to be better at arranging loans for youngsters, we need to be more consistent in our approach to the game, we need to be less willing to spend money on 2nd and 3rd choice 'senior' players.

When we do sign senior players whilst their ability to contribute on the pitch is clearly the priority we should also be looking at how they can work with the younger players and offer advice. Lots of people believe that Terry had a positive impact on players like Grealish and that hopefully his professionalism showed them how to approach the game if they want to be the best they can be, if that pans out like that then his impact off the pitch will, longer term, prove much more valuable than his performances on it.

On top of that we should carry on with the new approach we seem to have taken with the scouting and start picking up 16-17 olds to bring into the academy from all over the place, if nothing else I hope Round has left us with some sort of legacy in that regard, we appear to have picked up 4-5 very good academy players in the last 12-18 months which hopefully raises the bar even further for the kids who've been with us for longer.

Offline Chris Stares

« Reply #15532 on: July 20, 2018, 12:01:54 PM »

- when he scarpered.

He can't walk-out..... that way he'll never get another job - England's Gone  ;D ...
We could provide his perfect excuse... his loyal media jerks are already PRAISING him for his LOYALTY to us....

He'll go...with his "Hull City" excuse...... spread by his sycophantic journos in advance.... "His Stress"- "His LOYALTY"- "HIS ANXIETY" - HIS DILEMNAS"...etc etc...

An affable guy when I've met him... but affabilty is meaningless when your looking to get the biggest dosh  :) :) :)

Reading this has given me vertigo, a nosebleed and hives.  Its almost as if a Donald Trump tweet and Borat had sex and this is the result.
I actually thought that was one of his more lucid posts.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #15533 on: July 20, 2018, 12:10:26 PM »

- when he scarpered.

Quite poignantly, I’m thinking of it as the message Raoul ‘Moaty’ Moat never got to send to Paul ‘Gazza’ Gascoigne.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #15534 on: July 20, 2018, 01:09:21 PM »

- when he scarpered.

Always get this in my head when attempting to read his or her posts.

I'm eternally grateful
To my past influences
But they will not free me
I am not diseased
All the people ask me
How I wrote "Elastic Man"

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #15535 on: July 20, 2018, 01:10:41 PM »

- when he scarpered.

Does not hurt his reputation though does it .???

Its all about the Meds right ;) ;) ;)

Commit the crime do the time :)

Could have done without the shower scenes :-[

Maths was not as good as Meths,,!
ANXIETY—-
Packets of ham.Packets of Ham.
No spamNOJAM.
I KNOW YOU ARE FOLLOWING ME. :) ;)

Magic Roundabout Downton Abbey.
It’s all th same to me. :D
Hatton General .......Hatton ......General so good they named* it Hatton General.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #15536 on: July 20, 2018, 01:11:11 PM »
I thought for a minute it was a pharoaic curse from the sarcophagus they have just opened.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #15537 on: July 20, 2018, 01:26:21 PM »

- when he scarpered.

Always get this in my head when attempting to read his or her posts.

I'm eternally grateful
To my past influences
But they will not free me
I am not diseased
All the people ask me
How I wrote "Elastic Man"

A creeping wreck
A mental wretch

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #15538 on: July 20, 2018, 03:01:18 PM »
surely Big Steve's now looking a bit vulnerable?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #15539 on: July 20, 2018, 03:23:29 PM »
surely Big Steve's now looking a bit vulnerable?
If we can get round FFP then cheerio Steve!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal