collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2129853 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #15510 on: July 19, 2018, 09:17:30 PM »
I agree with both, but the issue is we played well last summer as well, but it made almost no difference once Hull scored on the first weekend.

A lot of the early stick Bruce got last season that led to the "hysteria" was that we looked pretty crap in pre-season, and carried on looking that way when the season started.

I'd actually forgotten about the Shrewsbury game and was thinking of the fairly free flowing games against kidderminster and telford and then the 2 decent performances away in Germany.

Walsall and Watford were crap as well. The complaints weren't that we managed to score a few against non league sides fielding trialists or won a couple of 45 minute games in Germany. It was that we still looked as though the only plan was keep it tight and hope someone did something. Which still seems our main tactic after more than a year and a half of Bruce and is why I want him gone.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #15511 on: July 19, 2018, 09:59:36 PM »
Last season v Walsall was 0-0.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #15512 on: July 19, 2018, 10:28:09 PM »
I agree with both, but the issue is we played well last summer as well, but it made almost no difference once Hull scored on the first weekend.

A lot of the early stick Bruce got last season that led to the "hysteria" was that we looked pretty crap in pre-season, and carried on looking that way when the season started.

I'd actually forgotten about the Shrewsbury game and was thinking of the fairly free flowing games against kidderminster and telford and then the 2 decent performances away in Germany.

Walsall and Watford were crap as well. The complaints weren't that we managed to score a few against non league sides fielding trialists or won a couple of 45 minute games in Germany. It was that we still looked as though the only plan was keep it tight and hope someone did something. Which still seems our main tactic after more than a year and a half of Bruce and is why I want him gone.

Fair enough, I don't remember too many complaints at the time other than from the 3-4 on here that wanted him sacked after finishing the bottom half, maybe it's simply that the people defending him were so vocal at the time.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #15513 on: July 19, 2018, 10:58:12 PM »
I don't give a shit about the result, surprisingly though I do give a shit that we look incapable of creating many chances, are still slow and ponderous on the ball, regularly gave the ball ball away, most of the players looked like they'd never seen each other before and that we struggled to take a decent throw in or set piece and still look like we have no real plan on how to win a game apart from hope something happens. That it was the same as so much of last season is why it could, or maybe should, be a concern.

Exactly, I give a shit that we have all the same problems going forward that we had for most of last season and whatever they've done so far in pre-season learning how to look like a team that know each other doesn't appear to have been on the list.  I also give a shit and that he appears to be trying to integrate Gabby, Richards and McCormack back into the team when the first 2 have stunk the squad out for ages and the latter was so unprofessional that even Bruce had enough of him last year.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #15514 on: July 19, 2018, 11:36:04 PM »
I'll hold my hand up and admit I don't remember it being particularly negative last summer but I'll concede that it wasn't great.  All goes off the point though, at times we've done ok under Bruce and looked like the sum of our parts but it's rarely happened when the pressure is on to get the result and the more important the game the more terrified we've looked. A good performance against Walsall in a friendly is far from enough to suggest he's going to address that problem.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #15515 on: July 19, 2018, 11:40:38 PM »
Well, here's hoping we get new owners, and that they instantly pot Fistface.

Offline alftitimus

« Reply #15516 on: July 20, 2018, 05:12:35 AM »
It really didn't hurt MON's bank balance did it ? ?

- when he scarpered.

Brucie will be even more cute with his "called from retirement"
pay-off.  :)

He can't walk-out..... that way he'll never get another job - England's Gone  ;D ...
He's "walked out twice" already over... 'Transfer /Investement' issues.
We could provide his perfect excuse... his loyal media jerks are already PRAISING him for his LOYALTY to us....

That's Rubbish...... IMO...Bruce has no remaining pay-off.
Failed Promotion and thus no bonus....
Image Rights... limited...IMO
NO Renewed Contract... CRUCIAL THAT  :)

He'll go...with his "Hull City" excuse...... spread by his sycophantic journos in advance.... "His Stress"- "His LOYALTY"- "HIS ANXIETY" - HIS DILEMNAS"...etc etc...

An affable guy when I've met him... but affabilty is meaningless when your looking to get the biggest dosh  :) :) :)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #15517 on: July 20, 2018, 05:53:32 AM »
His dilemnas are really bad.     Umbearable.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #15518 on: July 20, 2018, 05:57:06 AM »
Jesus H Christ.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #15519 on: July 20, 2018, 06:08:39 AM »
Posting in the style of a kidnapper.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #15520 on: July 20, 2018, 06:22:34 AM »

Wish somebody would kidnap him

Offline brian green

« Reply #15521 on: July 20, 2018, 06:24:19 AM »
Call the cops and the emoji gets it.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #15522 on: July 20, 2018, 06:32:59 AM »

We need James Fitzgerald to come and profile him.

I can imagine he's got a room in his house covered a with photos of Steve Bruce and possibly a tattoo of him on his belly. I reckon poor Steve, when he met him, had to abandon his Rover Vitesse while trying to escape.

Offline brian green

« Reply #15523 on: July 20, 2018, 07:12:40 AM »
Such a profile would doubtless confirm that he has a very large beer belly.  The tattoo across it would be much larger than a Bruce motif.  Much more likely a panoramic "Sunset Over Bordesley Green".

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #15524 on: July 20, 2018, 09:29:54 AM »
And I bet he's really called Barry

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal