collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113870 times)

Offline sid1964

Re: Bruce out
« Reply #1095 on: March 06, 2017, 07:58:29 AM »
Movement of the ball requires a few things - someone who can move into space to receive the ball, and we need someone who can pass the ball further than 2 yards ( I don't see many of those type of footballers down the Villa, or if in truth in the Chumpionship!)

Lets be honest the football is dreadful even the team that are starting to move away at the top of the table are not very good.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1096 on: March 06, 2017, 08:14:56 AM »
Movement of the ball requires a few things - someone who can move into space to receive the ball, and we need someone who can pass the ball further than 2 yards ( I don't see many of those type of footballers down the Villa, or if in truth in the Chumpionship!)

Lets be honest the football is dreadful even the team that are starting to move away at the top of the table are not very good.

Not sure we will be able to play that way with Jedinak in the DM role.  To play that kind of game, we need someone in that role who can get on the ball and pick out passes. Jedinak has other strengths, but that is not one of them. 

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #1097 on: March 06, 2017, 08:57:16 AM »
I came in to work today to find an email that was clearly meant for my namesake who works out of the Hong Kong office. In the missive, the writer explained his latest job is coming to an end and adds: "I’m looking to rent a desk in a shared office in Central/Sheung Wan area." The chap looking for a new base out east is called Steve Bruce.

Maybe he's off anyway.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1098 on: March 06, 2017, 09:01:59 AM »
I came in to work today to find an email that was clearly meant for my namesake who works out of the Hong Kong office. In the missive, the writer explained his latest job is coming to an end and adds: "I’m looking to rent a desk in a shared office in Central/Sheung Wan area." The chap looking for a new base out east is called Steve Bruce.

Maybe he's off anyway.

Seems like really sound logic to me.

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #1099 on: March 06, 2017, 10:10:19 AM »
No, you're right. Don't know what I was thinking. Back to arbitrary time-limit setting.

Offline peter w

« Reply #1100 on: March 06, 2017, 10:21:15 AM »
Unless you're an agent looking to set football managers up in the Southern China area i think this may be a different Steve Bruce.

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #1101 on: March 06, 2017, 10:23:10 AM »
I'll let the different Simon Page know. He'll be relieved.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1102 on: March 06, 2017, 11:35:45 AM »
It baffles me that a lot of people still want Bruce out!?

it baffles me how anyone can think he should stay

since he's been here we are further away from even a play off place than we are a relegation spot
we have played the worst sort of crap hoof ball known to man even when we have won
every game follows the same formula of eye bleeding hellish style play and hope one of the expensive forwards can nick one in

its utter crap, we are 13th in a shit league playing rubbish football with absolutely no pressure as Bruce has managed to write of the complete rest of the season to nothing more than friendlies

and you think on what you have seen so far he's the man to stick with as somehow he's going to grind out enough wins next season to go up, that's what baffles me

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #1103 on: March 06, 2017, 11:48:24 AM »

since he's been here we are further away from even a play off place than we are a relegation spot
we have played the worst sort of crap hoof ball known to man even when we have won
every game follows the same formula of eye bleeding hellish style play and hope one of the expensive forwards can nick one in

its utter crap, we are 13th in a shit league playing rubbish football with absolutely no pressure as Bruce has managed to write of the complete rest of the season to nothing more than friendlies

and you think on what you have seen so far he's the man to stick with as somehow he's going to grind out enough wins next season to go up, that's what baffles me

I can see both sides

On one hand we have won 3 on the bounce, on the other one is in effect a league one side, one is in the bottom 3 and one on a dogs run similar to our horrific form up until the derby game

If we can get results from the next two and perform well in our remaining home games against teams in the top 8 then i will have more faith

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1104 on: March 06, 2017, 12:29:02 PM »

Not sure we will be able to play that way with Jedinak in the DM role.  To play that kind of game, we need someone in that role who can get on the ball and pick out passes. Jedinak has other strengths, but that is not one of them. 
Jedinak is getting a bum rap on here at the moment. His has good passing abilities - I think - but is involved in a scrap most of the time meaning that time on the ball is a nanosecond in this league.

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #1105 on: March 06, 2017, 12:33:02 PM »

Agree that the football has been uninspiring most the time - slow build up etc, but hoof ball?, for sure Johnstone kicks long 75% of time but other than that I don't see us playing long ball stuff

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1106 on: March 06, 2017, 01:27:06 PM »
no, from what I have seen at home we do try and pass the ball, it's just that we're not very good at it. If Brucie gets us to 60 plus points, I think he deserves the chance to go into next season; if we experience the type of shitfest that made up January and February, then not.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1107 on: March 06, 2017, 02:06:32 PM »
I haven't seen us play any hoof ball under Bruce at all. Whilst it's not always been great, to call it the 'worst sort of crap hoof ball known to man' is the biggest exaggeration I've read on here in a long time.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #1108 on: March 06, 2017, 02:14:34 PM »
I haven't seen us play any hoof ball under Bruce at all.
What?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1109 on: March 06, 2017, 02:16:06 PM »

Not a magic formula but a back to basics. I have thought since fairly early in the season that the teams that prosper in this league are the ones that make fewest mistakes and we had got into a bad habit of conceding soft goals by our own errors rather than anything special the opposition were doing. Dropping Baker for a game appears to have given him a kick up the arse and he and Chester have re-established the partnership that helped deliver the results we saw when Bruce first arrived.

With Chester, Baker and Jedinak in the side our record is W9 D5 L0.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal