collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa match thread by Stinkin_Thinkin
[Today at 08:05:01 PM]

Tennis 2024 by maidstonevillain
[Today at 08:02:08 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2125121 times)

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #10785 on: February 19, 2018, 01:37:23 PM »
If Bruce sees O'Hare as playing in the position currently occupied by Grealish it is odd indeed that he bemoans Grealish's absence but doesn't even put O'Hare on the bench.  Ditto Green or RHM in the absence of Adomah.  At the very least, once 2-0 down he could have gone shit or bust with them and given them a run out.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #10786 on: February 19, 2018, 01:44:35 PM »
If Bruce sees O'Hare as playing in the position currently occupied by Grealish it is odd indeed that he bemoans Grealish's absence but doesn't even put O'Hare on the bench.  Ditto Green or RHM in the absence of Adomah.  At the very least, once 2-0 down he could have gone shit or bust with them and given them a run out.

Green has pretty much been injured most of the season in fairness.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #10787 on: February 19, 2018, 02:28:06 PM »

Permanently hamstrung, just what you want from a young athlete.

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #10788 on: February 19, 2018, 04:04:30 PM »
What about RHM, is he playing regularly in the reserves?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #10789 on: February 19, 2018, 05:44:04 PM »
I think it is testament to our training regimes that we are able to get players fit enough to sign a new contract.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #10790 on: February 19, 2018, 05:59:01 PM »
It's clear getting Agnew in was a boost as we've looked far more convincing going forward ever since he tuned up in how we construct moves from the halfway line.

I'm more intrigued by seemingly we get to Friday afteroon and suddenly realised we've got opposition to prepare for. Could be Chelts teasing of course.

It isn't quite that dramatic but Bruce holds a Friday meeting where the various coaches put their case as to who has performed in training that week to help him select the side. They also cover attacking set pieces in it (which seems a bit half arsed to me but there we go).

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #10791 on: February 19, 2018, 08:36:15 PM »
It's clear getting Agnew in was a boost as we've looked far more convincing going forward ever since he tuned up in how we construct moves from the halfway line.

I'm more intrigued by seemingly we get to Friday afteroon and suddenly realised we've got opposition to prepare for. Could be Chelts teasing of course.

It isn't quite that dramatic but Bruce holds a Friday meeting where the various coaches put their case as to who has performed in training that week to help him select the side. They also cover attacking set pieces in it (which seems a bit half arsed to me but there we go).

So we pick the team pretty much last minute then.

Very much old school when many are picked as early as a Wednesday and then the 11 is drilled for the next two days (see Manchester clubs).

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #10792 on: February 19, 2018, 08:41:16 PM »
Man United are tedious as fuck. Half a billion to be that vanilla.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #10793 on: February 19, 2018, 09:27:50 PM »

It’s not enough apparently. He said he needs much more. That’s on top of whatever Van Gaal and Moyes spent since Ferguson left. They could have kept the lights on in most countries across the world with what they’ve spunked away.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #10794 on: February 19, 2018, 10:44:10 PM »

Alright alright Spurs then with your boy Poch.

I do think thought that's a little guide why SB is limited at the top level. You see the well coached teams in the top half and I don't think they're decided last minute over a cuppa on a Friday afternoon.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #10795 on: February 19, 2018, 10:57:25 PM »

So we pick the team pretty much last minute then.

Very much old school when many are picked as early as a Wednesday and then the 11 is drilled for the next two days (see Manchester clubs).

Do you seriously think that is how it works? Isn’t it more likely that the manager has a good idea of the side and this meeting to be a bit of fine tuning based on who is fit and who has been showing well in training?

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #10796 on: February 19, 2018, 11:00:11 PM »

He should avoid going to fairness.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #10797 on: February 19, 2018, 11:00:58 PM »
Depends if SB is at every training session? Isn't it common knowledge he does a MON/Warnock and only turns up at the end of the week anyway?

That's why dare I say we get games like Fulham away and all the endless debates on here of how can we look so poor in games with the squad we have etc..

We are doing well but I wouldn't say we are a greatly coached team which is backed up by the quality of play on many occasions.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #10798 on: February 20, 2018, 12:30:40 AM »
What about RHM, is he playing regularly in the reserves?
I saw him for the U-23's at Brighton recently. He was our most experienced player, but didn't impress. On the basis of that performance he didn't merit being included in the 1st team squad.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #10799 on: February 20, 2018, 02:43:59 AM »

He should avoid going to fairness.

Particularly by barrow. There be nukes. And owls.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal