collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2126056 times)

Offline Confusious says

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #10350 on: January 20, 2018, 07:18:24 PM »
Really pleased for Steve Bruce he seems to have improved, he must be reading the posts on H&V
and taking their advice! Just want a bit of luck now & steer clear of injuries & hope for automatic spot

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #10351 on: January 20, 2018, 07:45:50 PM »
Can someone remove the 'out' from this thread title. A joke in view of consecutive 4 wins and 3 points off automatic promotion.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #10352 on: January 20, 2018, 07:49:38 PM »
But he is only one defeat away from......so “out” can stay.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #10353 on: January 20, 2018, 08:17:14 PM »
Which is why there is a "?" at the end of the thread title.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #10354 on: January 20, 2018, 09:23:06 PM »
I insist this thread stay in place. It’s been good luck recently

Offline frank black

« Reply #10355 on: January 20, 2018, 09:41:53 PM »
Thought that we gave them too many chances.

Bruce out!

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #10356 on: January 21, 2018, 10:56:22 AM »
You know all is well in our Villa world when things are so quiet on the Bruce Out ? thread  :)

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #10357 on: January 21, 2018, 12:11:21 PM »
I seem to have a lot of egg on my face after previous contributions to this thread. Keep chucking them at me Mr Bruce!

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #10358 on: January 21, 2018, 08:02:19 PM »
Whatever is said of our performances or results, I do give Bruce credit for stabilising the club as a whole. We are no longer a byword for ineptitude and indiscipline.

It is a big part of management that more tactically aware and sophisticated coaches will struggle with, especially given what went before him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #10359 on: January 21, 2018, 08:58:32 PM »
Whatever is said of our performances or results, I do give Bruce credit for stabilising the club as a whole. We are no longer a byword for ineptitude and indiscipline.

It is a big part of management that more tactically aware and sophisticated coaches will struggle with, especially given what went before him.

That's fair comment.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #10360 on: January 21, 2018, 09:55:26 PM »

After the experiments of Sherwood, Garde and RDM I wanted one of the old school to come in and do exactly that.

Under Randy the club had been neglected/dismantled from top to bottom and needed someone to come in who'd been there and done it to sort things out.

Bruce wasn't my first choice but he was the sort of character I thought we needed. To be fair though, I never really appreciated just how painful to watch we'd be some times and I'm still far from convinced he'll get us up but we're going in the right direction and hopefully I'll have my doubts shoved firmly down my throat.

Offline Canadian Villa

« Reply #10361 on: January 22, 2018, 06:32:02 PM »
To be fair to Wimbledon, They rose up from non-league by playing a standard football that wins games and having the team spirit and togetherness that created a will to win. The football wasn't pretty but it was very successful given their resources. They grew at a tie when football attendances were on the decline as well. It's unfair to say that they couldn't get enough supporters to watch them was all about their style. People aren't just going to switch from their current supported club, it takes time to build a solid fan base. I loved what they did and for me they will go down in folklore for what they achieved, just like Leicester winning the Prem

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #10362 on: January 23, 2018, 11:39:39 AM »
Can someone remove the 'out' from this thread title. A joke in view of consecutive 4 wins and 3 points off automatic promotion.

I find the thread quite amusing seeing as it's close to being a year old and he's still here.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #10363 on: January 23, 2018, 12:15:03 PM »

I find the thread quite amusing seeing as it's close to being a year old and he's still here.

How long did the Lambert thread last? :)

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #10364 on: January 23, 2018, 12:36:03 PM »
To be fair to Wimbledon, They rose up from non-league by playing a standard football that wins games and having the team spirit and togetherness that created a will to win. The football wasn't pretty but it was very successful given their resources. They grew at a tie when football attendances were on the decline as well. It's unfair to say that they couldn't get enough supporters to watch them was all about their style. People aren't just going to switch from their current supported club, it takes time to build a solid fan base. I loved what they did and for me they will go down in folklore for what they achieved, just like Leicester winning the Prem

i loved it when they beat Liverpool in the FA cup because i cant stand Liverpool
but apart from that i think the old Wimbledon represent everything i hate about football

the way they played was not worth watching couldn't even call it football most of the time,
they were thugs and cheats on the pitch, time wasters and knew ever trick to try and get one over on the opposition even if it meant injury
i know its probably the only way they were ever going to be successful during that short period but you still don't have to like it

i'm glad they ar'nt around anymore turning the beautiful game into some sort of cage fighting horror show

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal