collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

Author Topic: The play offs.  (Read 11653 times)

Online paul_e

• player manager
  • GM : July, 2013
Re: The play offs.
« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2018, 08:27:57 PM »
Virgin currently have 1 train an hour listed.

There's a few more on the Moor St-Marylebone route though.

Offline SoccerHQ

• prolific poster
  • GM : 08.04.2019
« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2018, 08:39:27 PM »
Final also worries me...Brentford or Fulham on a wide pitch like Wembley concerns as all season we've not been great at teams which press us in midfield and can move the ball around us quickly.

The pitch dimensions are identical to Villa Park, as is required by UEFA for a Category 4 stadium. 115yds x 75yds (I always think football pitches should be measured in yards).
Final also worries me...Brentford or Fulham on a wide pitch like Wembley concerns as all season we've not been great at teams which press us in midfield and can move the ball around us quickly.

The pitch dimensions are identical to Villa Park, as is required by UEFA for a Category 4 stadium. 115yds x 75yds (I always think football pitches should be measured in yards).

And having checked:

Riverside:          115 x 75
Craven Cottage: 110 x 75
Griffin Park:        110 x 73
Pride Park:         115 x 75
The New Den:    116 x 75

So I guess the argument would be that Fulham and Brentford are better on smaller pitches with less space. Which should play to our advantage should they be lucky enough to play us in the final.

Not sure, Brentford were good at opening us up at VP in September, just couldn't finish their one-on-ones.

I think the problem would be if we were to concede the first goal and so had to chase the game and then someone like Sessegnon would have a lot more space to play with.

Of course it can also benefit us with likes of Jack and Kodjia.

Let's get there first anyway.

Offline Matt Collins

• coach
« Reply #197 on: Today at 07:43:44 AM »
The pattern of results when we score or concede first is ridiculous. I think that the first goal against boro will be so crucial