collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Thankfully 0% Villa now - Tim Sherwood, chancer extraordinaire  (Read 26541 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Thankfully 0% Villa now - Tim Sherwood, chancer extraordinaire
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2017, 01:15:28 PM »
Honestly, I love it.

Love when referees get a good ribbing.

That's not ribbing the referee. That's just being a childish c***. And childish c***s like that are the reason why there are no referees left to ref grass roots games.
I'm a ref in the local leagues ... although admittedly, it is the Harrogate rather than the Leeds league.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2017, 02:33:53 PM »
Honestly, I love it.

That's not ribbing the referee. That's just being a childish c***. And childish c***s like that are the reason why there are no referees left to ref grass roots games.

Yep - couldn't agree more with you LeeB

I'd love it if villadelph were to ref a kids match or Sunday league game and get a 'good ribbing'.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2017, 03:34:21 PM »
Honestly, I love it.

There was something recently about John Sheridan when he was at Notts County. The chairman I think got rid of him due to a run in with a ref.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2017, 04:50:09 PM »
Honestly, I love it.

There was something recently about John Sheridan when he was at Notts County. The chairman I think got rid of him due to a run in with a ref.

Full story here. Don't know the first thing about Alan Hardy, but I very much like his stance on this.  Could do with a few more people in football with a similar view.

Offline Pete

« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2017, 05:36:27 PM »
It's quite telling that Swindon hadn't won in six games before his ban. They won both matches when he wasn't there, his ban ends and they lose four in a row. Hilarious.

His magic touch continues. He didn't turn up to their last match and, guess what? They won. 1 point out of 30 while he's there, 9 out of 9 in his absence. He really is the kiss of death.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2017, 07:37:08 PM »
Swindon and Sherwood can do one. Ever since that league cup tie with them when their fans wet themselves over Di Canio's ''hilarious'' antics after we'd won I've disliked them.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2017, 12:45:18 AM »
Swindon and Sherwood can do one. Ever since that league cup tie with them when their fans wet themselves over Di Canio's ''hilarious'' antics after we'd won I've disliked them.

Did the Swindon cup tie come before Di Canio had the misfortune to come to Villa Park as manager of Sunderland?
If so I'd say the 38,000 on a SKY MNF game who were present at  the 6-1 demolition of them and abuse directed at him showed you're not alone!

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2017, 07:35:35 AM »

Did the Swindon cup tie come before Di Canio had the misfortune to come to Villa Park as manager of Sunderland?
If so I'd say the 38,000 on a SKY MNF game who were present at  the 6-1 demolition of them and abuse directed at him showed you're not alone!

I think we definitely had the last laugh at Di Canios expense, after his pathetic attempts to wind us up at Swindon, didn't he come out with a load of stuff before the 6-1 which blew up in his face? Something about Madonna wasn't it?

Best chant at Swindon was the "you're only here for the Speedway".

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2017, 01:18:46 PM »
Great night baiting that fascist clown.

Free Photo Sharing by ThumbSnap[/url]

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2017, 12:44:32 PM »
Swindon are down. And to the surprise of absolutely no-one, despite having said at his press conference when appointed he would have the final say on tactics, transfers and picking the team, it's nothing to do with Tim.

Swindon Observer

Tim Sherwood puts blame firmly on Swindon Town players following relegation to League Two

Sherwood remains non-committal on future at Swindon Town

SWINDON Town director of football Tim Sherwood has further distanced himself from the club following their relegation to League Two yesterday.

Despite being hailed by owner Lee Power as ‘one of the biggest appointments the club has ever made’ when the former Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa manager was revealed in front of the local and national media back in November, Sherwood has admitted that it was never a job for him.

Sherwood, who said at the press conference back in November that he would have the final say on transfers, tactics and picking the team, told Sky Sports’ Goals on Sunday programme today that he believed that he had kept up his end of the bargain, with the club recruiting eight players, six on loan, in January to get them out of trouble.

At that time, Swindon were outside of the relegation zone but four wins in 16 games since the turn of February was not enough to prevent Town dropping into League Two on Saturday, following their 2-1 defeat at home to Scunthorpe United, with the 48-year-old, who is not under contract at the County Ground, pointing the finger firmly at the players.

“It wasn't a job for me,” said Sherwood, who has been 'off limits' to the local media since his appointment.

“I helped him (Lee Power) out. I wasn't getting paid to do it.

“I was in there to try to put some deals together, to try to find some players for him. I managed to do it but unfortunately it wasn't good enough in the end.

“I went in to try to recruit them some players in January - they were already in a bit of a mess - to see if I could get them out of trouble. I managed to bring in seven players but unfortunately it wasn't good enough.”

“They've taken a step backwards but I think (Power) is passionate. If the players were as passionate and had the drive of the owner and the chairman then they wouldn't be relegated.”

With regard to Sherwood’s own future at the club, it remains unclear at this stage, with Power saying after Saturday’s game that he would sit down with his former teammate at Norwich and discuss how they move forward.

However, Sherwood, who has firmly taken a back seat at the club to take care of ‘other business’ according to Power, giving the reins back to head coach Luke Williams in February, remains non-committal.

“I don't know yet,” he added.

“I went in there in that period just to help him out in the short term.

“For four weeks I was in there every day and then I've been at a few games since that time,' he said.

“It's a real shame because over the last month or two the fans have been fantastic.

“I've been to a few of the away games and the travelling support have really tried to galvanise the team but unfortunately everyone has fallen short.”

Offline trevor fisher

another failed villa manager
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2017, 01:47:45 PM »
Tim Sherwood has been sacked by Swindon as Manager-Director of Football after seven months in charge. Getting them relegated from League 2 must bring his managerial career to an end, but why did we appoint him in the first place? The blame must be with then CEO Fox, who told the Trust members that while  he knew nothing about football, he had been to see Sherwood and his family and liked his four delightful daughters. I have not been to a trust meeting since.

Villa is one of the hardest clubs in Europe to manage, and no Villa manager since Joe Mercer has gone on to better himself - and Mercer had the mad genius of Macolm Allison to do the work with the players. The number two is always crucial. The men who can't manage but can coach, ROn Saunders had Tony Barton, Vic Crowe had Ron Wylie. The two best managers since the sixties, both had good back up. I still haven't worked out whether Bruce's number 2 is doing the business.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2017, 03:15:50 PM »
I don't think I want to look too closely at Bruce's Number 2 thanks

Offline trevor fisher

« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2017, 03:17:46 PM »
why not? Who is he for heavens sake? He is the guy speaking to him about substitutions on the bench during games, so surely we should know more about him?

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2017, 03:30:02 PM »
why not? Who is he for heavens sake? He is the guy speaking to him about substitutions on the bench during games, so surely we should know more about him?

Whooosh!!!!

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2017, 05:28:32 PM »
We have only been going through the motions.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal