collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fan Consultation Group - the minutes from the meeting  (Read 13750 times)

Offline claret+blue ed

Re: Fan Consultation Group
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2017, 07:54:38 PM »
It's been mentioned earlier, but for us non season ticket holders, the villa cash replacement would be nice to know a bit more about

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2017, 08:48:27 PM »
Is there anything anyone wants brining up?

Well, I have this turkey that I've been thinking about preparing

Now that made me laugh. I doff my cap to you sir. Dave probably didn't find it quite as funny.
I didn't get it

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2017, 09:00:26 PM »
How about adopting what some other clubs do regarding Season Tickets where they offer an 'early bird' promotion..cheaper Season Tickets when you buy them earlier?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2017, 09:01:26 PM »

Now that made me laugh. I doff my cap to you sir. Dave probably didn't find it quite as funny.
I didn't get it

Redsox pounced on the bring/brine typo and the rest is history.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2017, 09:06:54 PM »
The service in the Holte End bars is pathetic at best. Why don't they have beers ready to serve rather than pulling pints at points of sale when they know for a fact that there will be demand before the game and at half time?
I've mentioned this before. My son has a decent job in match day events at a rival club (yeah I know I felt sick when he told me) Thing is he don't make many matches at Villa Park these days. The last one we went together there was around 35k on the day. He saw the queues and was gobsmacked at the amateurish way they were doing things and the slowness of service. He watched as hundreds gave up and went back to their seats with money still burning a hole in their pockets. I told him to e-mail the club pointing out his observations and offer his services to sort out the catering mess we currently have on match days. I doubt Dr Tony has had chance to get involved in such hands on match day stuff. I'd like to know if he has any ideas about improving things.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 09:09:39 PM by The Edge »

Offline The Edge

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2017, 09:12:38 PM »

I didn't get it

Redsox pounced on the bring/brine typo and the rest is history.
Ohhhh. I read it several times before I spotted it though!

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2017, 09:22:04 PM »
Instant replays on screens of goals and goal attempts

Seemingly disappeared and is sorely missed

Yep

I assumed that was because there is no Sky TV coverage to tap into at most Championship games.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2017, 10:01:46 PM »
At Emirates Arsenal announce the names of away team before the kick off and also show replays of opposition goals as well as their own. I think that's sign of class so why can't we do that?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2017, 11:20:34 PM »
Two things from me for consideration please - one echoing the dreadfully slow bar service both in the stand bars and Holte Suite - the pre poured drink concept is a painfully obvious solution that I've seen work like a dream over a decade ago at Pride Park. Secondly, why is the corner flag now empty for every game? It's an ideal sell for groups, yet I've never seen it advertised.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2017, 11:36:55 PM »
A very very little niggly one for me Dave.

In the Ellis Upper, if they want us to be able to hear what is being announced can they stop piping music at same time as speaking...the PA/tannoy/speakers thing up there has always been poor quality but is almost impossible to understand at times, best example being the announcement of the respect for SGT, couldn't understand a word the guy was saying.

Ta

that is a problem for the whole stadium I think which the general has said he is going to sort out!!!

Which General.......? ;)

PA is pretty random on depending on where you sit....I've always found it audible enough in the Upper North and Trinity, very loud indeed in lower Holte but sat in the upper Witton against PNE and found it virtually impossible to make out anything of the GT pre match tribute other than seeing it on the big screen and the players lined up on the halfway line.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2017, 11:40:02 PM »
At Emirates Arsenal announce the names of away team before the kick off and also show replays of opposition goals as well as their own. I think that's sign of class so why can't we do that?

Arsenal don't....they announce it 20 minutes before kick off, same as we do.

I never really got why we changed that tbh and think it's a little disrespectful to the away fans we just read out our team right before kick off. It's only a little thing but would actually liven up the atmosphere pre match if we were playing a big match....the mass booing from the ground when the SHA team is announced always amuses me.

There's certainly enough time to do both.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2017, 11:43:21 PM »

Problem is in the premier league you have about 20 cameras covering the game due to the worldwide popularity.

At championship level if Sky or Five aren't covering it, you've only got one camera and you can see the difference in quality if you go down early before half time and stand watching it on the screen concourses.

That's always surprised me about the championship and probably why some of the owners are starting to rebel agains the existing tv deal....I watch a few of the other second division euro leagues and the run of the mill matches are all properly captured like a top level match (multiple replays and angles etc).

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2017, 11:51:04 PM »
Are we going to re-introduce our schools initiative whereby local schools get cheaper tickets and get to keep some of the proceeds, helping keep / introduce our next generation of fans whilst helping the finances of local schools ?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2017, 06:44:33 AM »

Yep

I assumed that was because there is no Sky TV coverage to tap into at most Championship games.

It feels like every single one of our games this season has been on Sky.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2017, 06:50:07 AM »
And here's me thinking the turkey stuffing gag was because Soxy was being sage enough to make thyme to spot an old chestnut of a joke.  It did forcemeat look twice.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal