collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chester 2 v 2 Villa League Cup 74/75  (Read 3916 times)

Offline Pat McMahon

Re: Chester 2 v 2 Villa League Cup 74/75
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 10:59:32 PM »
Were Norwich 1st or 2nd division at the time?

Norwich were in the 2nd division with us at the time - it was and still remains the only major cup final to be played between two non top division sides.   Norwich were promoted in 3rd place behind Man Utd and ourselves - however we spoilt their last game promotion party by winning 4-1 at Carrow Road and their celebrations were muted to say the least !

I remember a cartoon in the Mirror when the semi final draw was announced that December with a group of carol singers refraining "Silent night , holy night, not a first division team in sight"

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 11:31:42 PM »
Were Norwich 1st or 2nd division at the time?

Norwich were in the 2nd division with us at the time - it was and still remains the only major cup final to be played between two non top division sides.   Norwich were promoted in 3rd place behind Man Utd and ourselves - however we spoilt their last game promotion party by winning 4-1 at Carrow Road and their celebrations were muted to say the least !

I remember Man Ure playing City in an earlier round when effectively  Colin  Bell finished his career. 

One of grounds I never went Chester's sealand Road - their new ground is on an industrial estate good walk from town and one end is actually in Wales

I remember a cartoon in the Mirror when the semi final draw was announced that December with a group of carol singers refraining "Silent night , holy night, not a first division team in sight"

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »
My first Wembley final, fantastic, the start of thinking the cup was ours and ours alone when we wanted it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal