collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:08:34 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by PaulWinch again
[Today at 12:07:51 PM]

Champions League Contention by john e
[Today at 12:05:05 PM]

Kaine Kesler Hayden by OCD
[Today at 12:03:34 PM]

NSWE Investment by Concrete Tom
[Today at 12:03:15 PM]

Ollie Watkins by The Edge
[Today at 11:59:39 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 11:54:44 AM]

Reserves and Academy 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 11:53:40 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: tony's plan  (Read 6448 times)

Offline Lobsterboy

Re: tony's plan
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2017, 01:24:01 PM »
I think Tony definitely has a plan the trouble is that at this moment in time Steve Bruce and his coaching staff don't appear to...

Offline trevor fisher

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2017, 10:31:07 PM »
well if Tony has a plan, and lobsterboy like the rest of us only thinks there is one, it's time to find out what it is. 5-10 years he said. So I am writing to see if he can let us know what he proposes.

If and when he replies I will report back

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2017, 10:51:10 PM »
Personally, I really don't have too much of a problem with not knowing 'the plan'. I don't see what there is to be gained by sharing it, as he'd either be accused of being unrealistic or be lambasted in the press.

So far, he's backed his managers in both transfer windows, acted quickly when needed to (booting RDM), given open communication when possible (although occasionally cryptic), and taken decisive steps in dealing with both on and off the field matters.

Whilst far from happy with our present position, I still feel confident that Dr X will continue to act in the best interests of the club and seek to get us back where we belong. That's a lot more than I could have said about previous regimes.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2017, 10:55:01 PM »
I can't see you having much luck Trevor, most of it will be either commercially or football specifics confidential. He may be able to give some bland overall objectives I.e grow commercial income, increase avge attendance, get promoted but if you're after an in depth business plan prepare for disappointment.

I like to think the SCG chat with Steve Round gave more than enough insight into the football operations side of the club, from a Couple of months ago.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2017, 11:49:51 PM »
At Di Matteo's press conference he alluded to us maybe taking two seasons to get back to the prem so clearly back then he and Dr Tony were discussing that.

Of course back then we didn't realise how disastrous a fit RDM would be for us.

I'm sure Tony would've studied the form and seen not that many teams go back up straight away.

I'm disappointed with how things are but if it takes another year so be it....mentally as a club we are still miles away from being a competitive force at prem level. If we can barely win an away game at championship level then we certainly wouldn't be winning many in the premier league.

Problem is if we don't go up next season...then I worry what will happen as Dr Tony's bold ambitions for the club will start looking like pipe dreams.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal